Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Announcer isn't shouting :[

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hakiro

09-16-2011

First blood is never being said. I've gotten the announcer to say triple kill though. This has always been a problem where the announcer wouldn't say anything, but has been escalated due to always-broken first blood sound.

btw, what's stopping the announcer from doing multiple sounds at once like in DotA? Is it because LoL's announcer voice doesn't sound that good when it does that? I don't like how this goes further in by getting kills in quick succession and not hearing every kill streak sound. I understand if it only didn't do it for getting multiple kills in an instant.

Ekuria Valentine

09-16-2011

Yep, definitely there is no FB, no killing spree, no rampage......

Pls fix the audio bug, thanks.

Morindre

09-17-2011

To confirm last night I got a penta and it went through all of the shouts (double kill, triple kill, quadra kill, penta kill) but i havent heard FB, killing spree, legendary and stuff like that

Dat Wild Ravvy

09-20-2011

When the allied team destroys an enemy turret, the announcer message doesn't seem to show up selectively. It does when it feels like it. Though, while playing with a few friends online, they claim sometimes they hear and see the message splash in the middle of the screen it when I don't, and vice-versa. However, though I might not have noticed, but it seems when allied turrets are destroyed, that always shows up. More needed confirmation for this is probably in order, though.

It's still showing up in the chat pod when people get legendary and whatnot, though, so the system recognizes that much, but I haven't noticed anyone being shouted out by the announcer as having it of late. Double-kills and triple-kills seem to be playing just fine, but it feels like Quadra and Penta don't always get recognized either. Then again, there's always been an issue with those two since the announcer usually is queued up to say 8 different things when those occur often.

Tc3001

Recruiter

09-21-2011

This has been happening to me too lately. Feels way too quiet.

undreaming

09-25-2011

I have the same problem, the old lady voice only repeats "an enemy has been slain" and to see who scored that double kill I need to open the chat window, because it isnt showing as it always did.

Lohlen

10-20-2011

For some reason the anouncer will not talk at all for me i checked my sounds i game yet it was showing that it was on but ever since the Xerath patch it has not been working for me.

codered372

05-30-2012

i can even hear the announcer

iampoloa

06-30-2012

The anouncer is annoying. trying to figure out how to keep her quiet while keeping on the rest of the game sounds.. Sad...