How to get a Champ's skin (w/ screenshots)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gam0n

01-19-2011

Eh. Skins aren't cutting it for me anymore. They need something big to wow me.

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Ean View Post
Mundo has different voice acting along with Cho'gath, and seriously why is Magnificent TF considered a legendary. It looks like just another skin to me. Nothing special like astronaut teemo shrooms, or both of Heimers turrets, one isn't even a legendary skin, fire fighter tristana shoots water, and Corporate Mundo throws brief cases. Why no love for the TF?
Well for one thing, it was the first Legendary Skin, as far as I know. They've gotten much better sicne then. They've talked about sprucing it up, but they have a lot of other things to do and have to prioritize. *shrug*

For another thing, none of the skins are worth the money when you really think about it. They're primarily bragging rights. If you just want to see the skin on YOUR comp, that's easily doable for free. But if you want the world to see that you spent $20 on a legendary skin, does it really matter if it's extra sparkly or not?

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhart View Post
Well for one thing, it was the first Legendary Skin, as far as I know. They've gotten much better sicne then. They've talked about sprucing it up, but they have a lot of other things to do and have to prioritize. *shrug*

For another thing, none of the skins are worth the money when you really think about it. They're primarily bragging rights. If you just want to see the skin on YOUR comp, that's easily doable for free. But if you want the world to see that you spent $20 on a legendary skin, does it really matter if it's extra sparkly or not?
Toboggan Corki was the first legendary skin for purchase.

At the time the high bar for skins was an extensive remodel. Since then they've raised the bar, and have set base standards for legendary, but have so far not gone back to TF, though they have said they are considering options. Its just not top priority compared to new content.

iLuan

01-20-2011

Why is this thread not stickied already?
Great thread!

Gurglingemu

01-21-2011

If I counted correctly, there are sixty-eight 520 skins and eighty-six 975 RP skins.

Six months ago the discrepancy would have been very different....

Cidem1324

Web Content Assistant

01-21-2011

Bump.

Because you're awesome.

Weeguy

01-24-2011

Bump for Vandal Vlad and Lumberjack Sion! Thanks for the amazing thread! I've been lurking here and there to check skins and wanted to say thanks. ^^

Sassiopeia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

Vandal Vlad and Lumberjack Sion are released! Can't wait to see the screenshots! (:

RegalCabbage

01-24-2011

Vandal Vladimir looks great, bought it as soon as I came home

MistressHel

01-25-2011

I was curious, my friend plays Zilean a lot, and does the Old St. Zilean skin place presents instead of bombs for his time bomb ability. We haven't been able to find a screenshot anywhere, and if they ever release the skin again, he wants to buy it for no other reason than...presents! lol.