Smurf Account

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zzenith808

10-01-2013

I have created a smurf account that is level 10 right now. The thing that is bothering me is I am doing bad. I am getting out played by other players who have just started the game a few days ago. So i am wondering if I am being matched up with other smurf accounts? After i lose on my smurf i will go play ranked on my other account and I do fine so it is really bothering me that i am losing to lvl 10 summoners. Does someone have an explanation?
Thank you.

lolzBest

10-01-2013

you will be matched up with mostly smurfs because mojo of the under lvl 15 acc are smurfs

hope this helped

lolzBest

10-01-2013

here is something you can do to get an early gold lead for you and your team, something i started at beginning
of S3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW5Hn...pdnrnbk_oq2lMW

Zzenith808

10-01-2013

Ok thanks for the reply that makes a lot of sense.

lolzBest

10-01-2013

No problem

koalaknight

10-01-2013

This kind of also happened to me where I was doing much worse on my smurf account than when I was leveling to 30 for the first time. I feel that there are a lot of factors in this such as:
1. No runes / mastery, and so early game will be significantly more difficult in terms of last hitting and or trade potential with abiliteis.
2. Newer players will probably do things you would not expect, like you may use a skill shot expecting them to dodge but they don't.
3. In my case, I played too much support and jungler, where my lane mechanics were pretty bad.
4. You will likely be sharing CS with someone else (whereas all three lanes at higher levels don't do that, where top, mid, and AD carry each get all the CS), and won't be able to get items as fast and will have to adjust to getting last hits with someone else also trying to do that.
5. There is less sense of objective control (dragon and baron), where it's more for the kills and turrets.
6. Some newer players are just good at these types of games, where they may have played a lot of reflex intensive games such as Call of Duty, and they snowball early.
7. A lot of times, if a player has success with one champion, then they will likely continue playing that champion.
8. It's pretty much all about laning phase, where there is pretty much no mid or late game where people won't group up to take objectives and such.

I guess you should probably play on a smurf with certain objectives, such as practicing getting CS and such, and less for trying to win or stomp newer players. I smurfed a bit when I ended up playing support on my main account almost every game, and kind of just used the smurf so that I don't get completely rusty in other roles.

I guess, if you really want to be mean, you could always play pub stomp champions such as Leblanc, Tryndamere, etc., or mechanics intensive champions such as Zed and do well with those. I guess it's also extremely important to do well early game during laning phase, where you can dominate the game with a stronger laner.

I guess at lower levels, it's like a completely different game where you have to have a different approach to playing than how you would normally play at level 30.

IHateCoDGhosts

1 Week Ago

What happens when you team does not listen to you. My account got banned for 1 week, and I was eager to play. So I jumped on my low level account and went 22/7 as Darius but my team ended up losing. I didn't flame them at all. I try to tell them to group up and take objectives, but they try to 1v2 and end up dying trying to kill a fed Xin Zhao at 1/4 hp. I really can't do anything on this smurf account. Is it me that's bad at the game, or is it that I get unlucky.

By the way, playing without runes and masteries is super difficult, everyone can agree with me on that.