Cho'Gath: These Prices are a Scourge upon the World

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

setaymit

09-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmer94 View Post
I think you should rework your chogath.
He has the potential to be a brutal nuke/tank and u just made him into a tank/pusher pointing out urself and i quote: " he isn't that good vs turrets".

Hrmmm?

Anybody second this?
Most of what I use him for is to rack up gold on creep kills, ambush people and take point in 5v5 skirmishes. That's what I mean by "pushing" here, not so much turret pushing.

Like I said in the first paragraph, I'm not that experienced. What would you rather do? If it works I'll credit you

Buckwheat

09-17-2009

Yeah it's just one build out of many and I feel that it's good.

Grabbing Warmongs as early as possible makes your team getting kills in teambattles MUCH easier. Your high health negates towers during team battles much easier so early aggressive mistakes lessened.

As for AP builds, unless it affects his ult, then I'm not sure if they're as effective aside from moneymaking.

I disagree on the use of Rupture. If you're able to predict the pathing of enemy heroes, it's a great spell.

Mr Tibbers

09-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta View Post
Are people in those games blind or so stupid that they get hit so often with rupture?

When I play chogath I just get boots, frozen mallet, then either warmog's-atma's or stack sunfires. In both cases lots of health, armor and damage.
This. A lot of people say that they know how to tell when they're being ruptured, but I seriously have to wonder when they say this and they still get hit by 75% or more off all ruptures. It may be that the graphic just isn't obvious enough, or that not enough people know about it/have good enough reaction time.

AI Assimilator

09-17-2009

he has had slight tweaks in the latest patch. it now seems like AP is better than before for him (e.g. ult gets +dmg from AP). Also vorpal spikes was nerfed to nearly half (cant be bothered checking numbers again but something like 120->70), but now impact the target you target as well.

SmecssRaege

09-18-2009

for anyone that's seen my guides you might look forward to a potential as the last few posts have suggested, an AP / Support/back up Tank build for cho'gath...im intrigued in doing one, so i might put one out ^_^

SmecssRaege

09-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmecssRaege View Post
for anyone that's seen my guides you might look forward to a potential as the last few posts have suggested, an AP / Support/back up Tank build for cho'gath...im intrigued in doing one, so i might put one out ^_^
tried 3 games today with AP chogath....none of which really went well, but i think i just played poorly, so i might still be interested in doing this

couple suggestions to people that try it:

vorpal spikes is bad at farming early game now

pick up feast > rupture > scream > vorpal

rupture because its a much safer skill to farm backrow's with...althouth not as technically useful as leveling scream it will allow you to farm much safer, much earlier on than screamer (lower cooldown, higher AP ratio, longer range...all big pluses) and scream is maxed out only 3 levels behind rupture, so big whoop =p

try to get some early AP if possible

consider:

Kages lucky picks for gold generation / early easy AP
Chalice of harmony (i tried philo's stone, WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR REGEN..im also wasnt utility spec at the time of doing this, the 5mp/5 would help here)
Mejai's (althoug this is chancier, but not really, feast will net you guaranteed killing blows to which to power the soulstealer)
Rod of ages (HP/Mana cap and AP...all good things)

just a couple things i picked up on my attempts...will try again later =p

Koslomac

09-19-2009

I hate the new changes, vorpal spikes got nerfed for farming creepwaves. I liked that.
But nevermind, I still have corki, sivir and AP trynd to clear massive creepwaves now.

Kohake

09-19-2009

I like to initiate my combat's using vorpal spikes, but the obvious problem is that enemys will dodge it. To counter this, I usually get MS, reducing the time it takes for me to be within range. Because of this, I usually get the fastest boots and then, if i the proper machup, I get the blades that incread MS by 8%. (also giving me attack speed for my rapture)

If I need health I get the hammer that can slow with melee attacks, making it harder for enemys to escape a second vorpal spikes(can also be one with cexhauste). These can also be merged with a caster item to get the trinity power, which I have found is pritty nice. This also increases your attack dmg by 150% for 1 attack after casting a spell.

You can usually cast: vorpal spikes, scream, feast, vorpal spikes(last one is hard to hit with) and sicne you have attack speed, you will throw a bunch of raptures. AP runes are pritty good for this strategy, because you want to deal as much damage as possible with the first 2 spells, and it increases your damage with rapture.