[PETITION] Allow Summoner Name Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Protocol32

05-28-2010

So, Riot, it seems that you have been listening to the players lately.

I think it's about time you allow us the option to buy a summoner name change using Riot Points. Other games have done it in the past, and they've made a great deal of revenue from it. Some players, including me, weren't exactly sure what a "summoner name" was when we were creating our accounts. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be willing to fork over some money to change our summoner name. It can't be too hard to code in, and I can't imagine it would cause many problems.

If you're with me on this, sign below.

rambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-28-2010

Not signed.

Kaidence

05-28-2010

not signed learn to read.

Snazzy Pants

05-28-2010

It's been confirmed by several Riot employees, including Pendragon, that this feature is planned, but not yet finished. Stop making these threads.

FoxMindedGuy

05-28-2010

Against OP.

Rhetorical Hippo

05-28-2010

I understand why, but you sure would have learned what your summoner name is within a short time of making the choice, even without 'reading it' when you made your account. Considering they are free to make, I don't see why you didn't just redo it when you had the chance.

I cannot support this as it would give people an easy way to escape the damage they have done to their image and reputation and the harm they cause to the gameplay of others.

Heroine

05-28-2010

also after your first game you could have been like "oh i guess thats my name, ill make another account since it takes 5 min."

Carados

05-28-2010

Why would you make your account with a name that you don't like?

Landa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2010

I disagree. It would cause problems since the only data we have about "player we hate/ignore/banlist?" is their names. Your whole reputation ingame is known by the fact that some people will remember your name. Be it a good thing or a bad one.

Rhetorical Hippo

05-28-2010

The purpose of a down-vote isn't to say you disagree. It's to make posts go away. Don't down-vote because you do not share the OPs opinion.