3150 ip....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cavitas

05-28-2010

hey people, i have 3150 ip.
i'm in a dilemma of choosing/buying cho'gath, garen, rammus or mordekaiser.
i enjoyed playing them all in there respective free weeks.
which of the four will be potentially good in terms of "usefulness"?
i want something that can be rewarding if mastered......

Freckl3s

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavitas View Post
hey people, i have 3150 ip.
i'm in a dilemma of choosing/buying cho'gath, garen, rammus or mordekaiser.
i enjoyed playing them all in there respective free weeks.
which of the four will be potentially good in terms of "usefulness"?
i want something that can be rewarding if mastered......
Congrats on saving that much

CQReborn

05-28-2010

Morde is a BAMF, just go with him

KaaaBLAMO

05-28-2010

Mord is really good until you get to a high enough ELO where at least half their team runs Cleanse, then he's mediocre at best. The lack of a built in slow/stun/silence/etc. really hurts him too. Oh and for what it's worth, I have 130 games with Mord so I would know .

Of those you mentioned, Rammus and Garen are the most competitive IMO, so it really comes down to whether you would rather tank or DPS. Rammus can be boring if you're not super-excited about being the tank, so perhaps that's something to consider.

Cho'Gath is much more fun than Rammus and does have a reasonable amount of utility, but Rammus is a much better tank and has better utility. His taunt is basically the best single-target disable in the game.

Garen is an Exhaust-proof (Judgment ignores both aspects of it) killing machine that can live to tell the tale, who also brings good utility in the form of a 2.5 second silence on a very low cooldown.

I'll also throw a plug in here for Malphite, my favorite 3150 champion. He does good damage, can tank reasonably well (though not as well as a true tank) and is the best initiator in the game. Unstoppable Force is amazing because knockups can't be Cleansed, etc. His slow is pretty good as well. He's at his best against physical DPSers. Ground Slam + Frozen Heart + Randuin's Omen (both great items on him anyway) = whar's me attack spd??

Hope this helps!

DreamyDays

05-28-2010

If you like solo queueing, I'd say Mordekaiser.

He is quite flexible on his item path as long as you build some survivability, which means that you can adapt to many situations easily.

He is very powerful mid game, and with the correct build (which varies according to situation) and a decent team can destroy the enemy mid-game.

He does have "losing steam" issues late game with most builds....
But his gigantic presence mid-game more than compensates for that IMO.

Just remember the ones who has cleanse, and try to avoid them when using your ult.
Or, if you see them blowing Cleanse, take the chance and make a ghost out of them!
It's not like they all are going to save their Cleanse for your ult :P

cavitas

05-28-2010

thanks for the help so far guys...
but i still can't decide... i hope someone can defend the other 3 heroes soon...
since as far as i can see everyone is a fan of morde.

as for malphite. maybe i'll put him in quee after i buy one of the four, i haven't tried him yet.
tnx for suggesting anyway, a big help.

by far, my favorite bought champion is kayle. with his invul shield, and early game nukes and heal.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2010

Cho is the best choice above.

He is arguable one of the best tanks in game that shares the TOP position with Blitzcrank.

Has a AoE stun/knockup, AoE Silence , Passive AoE spikes and a Ultimate that hits for good damage and ignores DEF/MR.

His health spawn is huge and can be built to be like a walking tower with 4000 HP and 100~200 Def at choice. After that he can pretty much get a impaler and start dashing out 300 dmg hits on normal attacks while being a hard to take down tank with stuns/silence and a high DMG ult with 1 minute cooldown that can tear their carry appart in a second. I've seen a few good Cho's and i can say that they turn the game in their favour quite easily.
NOTE: Yes also Cho is one of the best farmer champions ingame , he eats creeps for Lunch so getting easy gold with him to start off with your gear will never be a problem, also he lats alot on the lane because of his passive ability which recovers him HP/MP when killing minions, and since his ability also recovers MP - its easy for him to use his ravage to harass enemy champions and keep them away from your creeps and gimp them gold and exp wise.

As for the other champions above, their okay but not anywhere near to as useful as Cho.

Rammus is altho a good alternative, he is undebatable the best anti-melee tank ingame, with highest defense and reflect but with low magic def and low health, also has mediocre combat abilities and a good ultimate that can push towers faster. When he builds up 600 AR and 300 MR , all the enemy team damage seems like a joke, if he has a soraka on team too then its like he can tank their whole team for the entire fight period without even dropping to half health while the other team just dies from hitting him.
Also has a awesome chasing ability which is his power ball and a good taunt to keep their most annoying champion in line for 3 seconds to let your team feel free to concentrate on him.
NOTE: Problem is with rammus that he has low MR and a ryze or any other mage can pretty much tear him appart alone, annie, ryze, fiddles ect and Rammus is useless.
He also has a low HP spawn unless you sacrifice DEF items to get health but that means giving up on your ability to deal decent damage since your passive transforms 25% of your def into Attack.
And also he has problems against champions that ignore defense like Cho and Garen, they can tear half his Health appart with their ults and make rammus run to base screaming like a scarred little girl.

Zeero

05-28-2010

Of all the tanks you listed my favorite by far is Rammus. He is really fun to play and a good Rammus can pretty much win the game for you team. A good tank of any type can I suppose but I think Rammus more so than others. His taunt is amazing, he gets more dmg from building armor, and becomes more and more effective against all the physical champs you tend to see regularly these days E.G.: Jax, Yi, Panth, Trist, TF, etc.

I love how easy gank are with Rammus and how survivable he generally is even when rolling right into the middle of 5 enemies and taunting one of their DPS. Really fun playstyle imo. Not to mention that his ult completely melts towers and inhibs.....

Purplz

05-28-2010

Just get jax and IP farm for runes and levels.

Lawful

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplz View Post
Just get jax and IP farm for runes and levels.
Just gtfo with failboats like jax.