Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

1 gold per 10 sec runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

finalfantasyzeal

06-05-2010

100HP is usually the difference between life and death at least once in any given game. That is worth 300 gold (either lost if you escape, or gained if you kill).

I feel like a stronger early game is always better than G/10. G/10 seems like an "insurance" move; you are putting yourself in the notion that you will be unable to get kills.

To people who play support and say you can't "get kills", remember that with additional early game strength you can help gankers and carries GET kills, which is trading your g/10 gold for gold for them, which is more highly valued anyways.

Sorakas and Alistars don't farm well, true, but they aren't very item dependent either. Why not instead focus on a quint combo (i swear by flat hp, especially for aggressive Soka zoning)
that will aid your team regardless of your gold intake?

Chast

06-05-2010

It has always been my opinion that gold runes/talents have too high of an opertunity cost, that is to say: you get more for using them for something else.

As far as increasing your flat gold income, the only item I would ever use is a heart of gold if I am a tank, because it is not my job to be killing people, so the extra income is actually useful.

Kikhan

06-05-2010

I could see the gold/10sec with the Zil analogy if you add in TF to. You would then be out gold farming your opponents easily even if you are sitting at your turret. Assuming your opponents don't know how to just last hit and starve the lane by quite a bit.

Chast

06-05-2010

Quote:
finalfantasyzeal:
100HP is usually the difference between life and death at least once in any given game. That is worth 300 gold (either lost if you escape, or gained if you kill).

You also get gold if you get the assist, I don't remember the exact percentage, but 3-4 kills is about equal to one for yourself.

RubberOwen

06-05-2010

I have personally bought atk speed qnts and i quite like them. if you max out AS that means you get an eztra 38% which means you start out with a recurve bow.

EcoEco

Recruiter

06-05-2010

I think a lot of people forgot 1 key thing, the COST of each rune.

Mana per level
Attack Damage per level
Gold per second

1025 IP
Flat Attack Damage
Armor Penetration
Magic Resist
Reduced Dead Time
Mana Regen/Sec
Cooldown per level
Magic Resist per level
Attack Speed
Ability Power
Mana Regen per sec per level
Critical Damage
Armor
Ability Power per level
Magic Penetration
Critical Chance
Armor per level
Mana

2050 IP
Health Regen per second per level
Experience Gained
Health per level
Health regen per second
Dodge
Movement Speed
Cooldown
Flat Health

Look at it now, the recommended ones are usually Flat Health which you can almost buy 4 gold per second runes for. I rather have 3 gold per second runes than 0 Flat Health Runes.

Gold per second runes are Absolutely underrated for their IP cost. They are debatable for being less useful than Flat Health Runes or something else. But considering its only 1/4 of the cost of Flat Health or 1/2 the cost of the 1025 series, you will be able to benefit more from spending it than saving up.

Using 1500 or so IP to buy 3 gold per second runes might help you win more games. But saving up 1500 IP would definitely not. And 33 Health would probably not help you much at all. Thats not even 1 attack. Maybe 2 flat health would save you early game. You can tank 1 extra attack, 33 health isn't even 1 attack.

f3nyx

Recruiter

06-05-2010

Quote:
peyo:
just no... Movement Speed might be OK on very few champs, but CDR/EXP quints are a fail...

Magic & Armor Pen ftw

I have seen a lot of good player that base their game on getting to level 6 before their lane opponents and getting a kill by taking advantage on it.

And yes they use EXP Q-Runes.

Belanova

06-05-2010

It's all dependent on your style.

If you know that after 10 minutes, having 240 extra gold from runes/masteries is going to be a big help, then take it.

I'm not sure if the runes start working from before minions spawn, but if they did, you could easily get an extra hp potion without missing any experience. If you have teleport, you could even go for a mana potion without missing any xp.

If it's worth, and will guarantee dominance in the lane, then it's a smart investment, no doubt.

Gunflame

06-06-2010

Quote:
EcoEco:
I think a lot of people forgot 1 key thing, the COST of each rune.

Mana per level
Attack Damage per level
Gold per second

1025 IP
Flat Attack Damage
Armor Penetration
Magic Resist
Reduced Dead Time
Mana Regen/Sec
Cooldown per level
Magic Resist per level
Attack Speed
Ability Power
Mana Regen per sec per level
Critical Damage
Armor
Ability Power per level
Magic Penetration
Critical Chance
Armor per level
Mana

2050 IP
Health Regen per second per level
Experience Gained
Health per level
Health regen per second
Dodge
Movement Speed
Cooldown
Flat Health

Look at it now, the recommended ones are usually Flat Health which you can almost buy 4 gold per second runes for. I rather have 3 gold per second runes than 0 Flat Health Runes.

Gold per second runes are Absolutely underrated for their IP cost. They are debatable for being less useful than Flat Health Runes or something else. But considering its only 1/4 of the cost of Flat Health or 1/2 the cost of the 1025 series, you will be able to benefit more from spending it than saving up.

This is the ONLY reason to buy Gold Quints. if you dont have IP for anything else and want to fill your slots (I would probably Buy T1 or T2 Quints though if you want to save gold).

Lets put it this way.

1 minion kill = 20 gold (average)

4 gold/10 sec (3 quints+mastery) = 24 gold.

5 mins = 60 gold = 6 minions.

Getting ANY other quint (attack rate, manaxlvl, anything) will help you to kill 6 minions in one minute.

With soraka it is not even worth mentioning. lvl 1 starcall is 60 mana. 3x Mana regen runes = 3.73 manax5 or 45 mana per minuto In 5 mins it is 225 mana... basically 4 starcalls.

Consider that you can kill 2 minions, with a well timed starcall 4*2*20 = 160 gold.

If you get FLAT AP runes... it is +15 AP, +5 to starcalls or +15 to healing or + 22.5 to your ultimate. So many reason why flat HP is also better.

If you COMPARE Greed and gold quints with ANYTHING you will see that they only have an use if:
a) You are extremely bad at killing stuff (it doesnt have anything to do with your champion, it is about the summoner who is controlling it).
b) You dont have IP for anything else (I think ManaxLvL and Attack Speed are better than gold quints).

pannra

06-06-2010

I used to disregard gold runes. I was trying to perfect my nasus build and realized I didn't need the extra hp from quints to survive early game. Pondering what I should use instead I realized that 97 health is about half of 180, which costs 475 gold. So I figured my hp quints were worth about 250 gold. Did some math and realized I could get that in about 10 minutes with the gold mastery in utility and quints. Since I already went utility for meditate and since my games typically last long, I started running gold quints. Been happy with it ever since.
Of course if you have problems surviving early or your game isn't going to take forever I'd probably just use hp quints. Nasus is the only champion I run them on.