1 gold per 10 sec runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Admiralkiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2010

So lets do some math here base it on a 25 minute surrender game.

3 gold quints per 10 for 25 minutes = 450 more
1 masteries per 10 for 25 minutes = 150 more
5 gold for either Heart of Gold or Kages lucky pick for 25 minutes (wont have item for about 5-10 minutes) = 750 more

IMO..Without either item it's pointless but if you get the item early then there is some merrit to having 1000+ gold extra a game, especially in those long games when your jungles are farmed hard.

Akyio

05-30-2010

I use them for soraka. There are champions that need some gold badly, for example - alistar can't farm at all.
But I use for Soraka, and also I use 1 gold from masteries, so i start with 4/10, then in the game I rush to get 2 kage lucky pics, and after that my gold is really going quite fast. Today had a normal match and I was able to get all items i needed. soul shroud, merc threads, 2 kage lucky pics, zhonyas and spirit visage. In the end I already had 2000gold but the game just ended, so was no need to sell my picks.
Of course it wont give so much gold, but when you combine it with kage lucky pics and mastery, it's a bit better.
And I just thought.. Ok it's gold, but what else can I get so valuable from those quints. I can get 100HP which will help me early game. But I'd rather be more careful and to get some gold. Then I can get 15AP or something. I used to use movement speed, but I really like gold runes now. Of course they will be useless for someone like.. sivir.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
just no... Movement Speed might be OK on very few champs, but CDR/EXP quints are a fail...

Magic & Armor Pen ftw
Ftl, you get enough of that from marks, Health or MS is always the better choice.

Xocolatl

05-31-2010

I have been running G/10 lately, and I can say that carries will never understand what supports have to go through.
They always say flat hp is better, because you can get an early kill. Well, you can't with a support champ.
They say it's better to just get damage and farm, but we can't, because we buy mana items so we can keep healing them.
They say we should last hit more--but then they'd yell about us taking their gold. They also ignore the fact that we have to walk around the map, healing their asses, instead of farming.

G/10 is not good on carry. The quints are not good on tanks, but the items are not bad. Philo Stone + HoG is an OK combo on tank, and you're really not losing out on survivability stats. It's pretty good on healers, or people who spend a lot of time NOT killing things. But if you like to stay in your lane and farm, then it's definitely not for you.

Another thing that I'm finding is that if you're going to get G/10 items, you need to stack multiple of them early. 1 of them give pretty meager income, and won't really help. But you get more income which lets you get a second one easier, which lets you get the third one very easily. After that, you're getting gold out the wazoo, so you can just go straight ahead into buying high-end items. You'll definitely be behind the curve as far as stat goes--but that's why I said it's good for support champs. You don't need to engage people directly as a support, so having slightly less stat doesn't hurt all that much.

PatMcGroyne

05-31-2010

Quote:
just no... Movement Speed might be OK on very few champs, but CDR/EXP quints are a fail...

Magic & Armor Pen ftw
Actually I have seen exp quints put to good use. If you go support I think you get 5% extra exp from the one mastery +6 from runes is 11% then if your team has a zilean that is almost 20% more exp than the other team which gives you an extra lvl every 5 lvl's. This means when your opponents hit lvl 15 you should be lvl 18. At the endof the game if you are 3 levels higher than every one of your opponents you will wreck them.

Also this means you will get your ult a whole level before them and can easily take them out before they get theirs. It makes it very hard to defend but I'll admit it only really works when you have a pre-made with a zilean otherwise it isn't worth it.

PineappleBuns

05-31-2010

In my opinion, gold/10 quints are good for the following:

- People that get harrassed a lot and unable to last hit well (Generally Melee champions)
- People that are unable to last hit well (Player problem)
- People that have to run around the map a lot (Not carry or champions that can farm well)
~ Mobile Tanks (For Example, Rammus)
~ Mobile Support (For Example, Soraka)

I also recommend it for low elo players. There are low elo players at level 30, I can tell you that. Low elo players aren't able to do last hit as well as mid or high elo. Low elo players aren't able to handle being harrassed situations as well as mid or high elo players. That being considered, giving them 100 extra health WOULD not help them much. They would still sit behind the minions and wait. So I think giving them 4 gold/10 would be much better. Easier for them to get items since they cant farm or get kills well.

I also recommend people to get these runes if they like to play random champions. Why? Because although flat health runes are 'better' they also cost almost 4x more.

You can either buy 3 1 gold/10 seconds quints and get a bit of extra cash that can possibly help you win the game. Or you can have NOTHING from quints and save up for 32.4 flat health quints 1 at a time.

Gold/10 Quints are 515 IP
Flat Health Quints are 2050 IP

Btw, 1 point in the mastery for gold/10 might seem insignificant. But at 30 minutes mark, you might want to finish a Rylai, Phantom Dancer, or something. But you're 20 gold off and you pilled back already. What do most people do? Obviously stand and wait. But I'll tell you now. If you didn't put that 1 point in that mastery, you'll be 200 gold off now (180 from the mastery). If its 200 gold, are you going to stand and wait that long? Or will you walk out to the jungle to kill 1 lil camp and pill back? Do remember, if you didn't get that 1 point in Mastery, you will be getting 1 less gold/10 seconds.

4 gold/10 seconds, thats 24 gold per 1 minute. thats 240 gold per 10 minutes. thats 720 gold at 30 minutes mark. Thats pretty sweet amount of gold. With a bit of early farming, you'll be able to grab another 5 gold/10 seconds item withint 10 minutes. Thats 5 gold/10 seconds. 30 gold per minute. 600 gold at 30 minutes mark. Thats a total of 1320 gold at 30 minutes mark. If you stacked 2 of them (which is typical for a champion like Rammus). You would've gotten 1920 gold. Thats not something you should ignore.

MacLaren

05-31-2010

wow some people are defending gold/10 quints

I hope I never queue with you idiots.

VIVr

05-31-2010

This is an interesting opinion. Care to prove it?

Polephemeus

06-05-2010

Quote:

Magic & Armor Pen ftw
Why hate on cdr? getting almost 5 percent cooldown reduction can make a huge difference, especially for people who either spam their moves (dps/spell casters) or people with huge cooldowns to begin with like maliphite and his final.

Vienna

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLaren View Post
wow some people are defending gold/10 quints

I hope I never queue with you idiots.
Doesn't Wazzabi use G/10 Quints?