Unstoppable Strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tajak

09-12-2009

I had time to play 1 game today. So I get in the game and see that all my opponents took "promote" as a summoner skill. Needless to say, after 5 minutes of play, they had destroyed the entire middle lane.

I tried to surrender, but had to wait 10 more minutes of RETARDED game play before I could. Here's my suggestion. Either reduce surrender to 0 minutes -- because I'll surrender immediately when I see all 5 opponents have promote -- or nerf promote (my suggestion - 20 minute cooldown).

This game was a joke. There was literally NOTHING we could do to stop it. Please fix this. And to the guys who think this game is fun like that (and wasted 15 min of my life) EFF YOU.

Morzas

09-12-2009

That might have been us. This game's still in beta, and it's our responsibility to test out every possible strategy for imbalances. If 5x Promote really is imbalanced, then find four people and test it out yourself.

In my experiences playing it, it's an all-in strategy that requires perfect timing and coordination to work properly. If the defending team can successfully repel it, they're way ahead in kills by the time the dust settles. If the Promote team gets even one inhibitor, then you're in trouble.

Ways of countering it that I know of off the top of my head: AoEs, Smite, Nunu, Fortify.

When this game comes out, if 5x Promote is balanced, then there will be a metagame emerging to beat it. It's a pretty well-known strategy.

HowlingKommando

09-12-2009

I gotta agree. This is still beta after all, so finding and testing gross imbalances should actually be encouraged.

seresibyl

Aurax

09-12-2009

Hum... is the same with almost all summoner abilities if a team can planify it in advance... 5 clairvoyances (before nerf) to make almost impossible to gank anyone, 5 resurrections to make impossible to stop the push (they can push a lane without fear), 5 teleports to make a surprise attack anywhere, 5 smites to kill dragon at level 1 very fast... IMHO the imbalance is created by a very good team making something well coordinated and planned in advance...

Anyway, as you said, this is a beta, so maybe promote should be nerfed as boost and clairvoyance before... lets try this kind of things, is much better to find them now than after the release...

cheers!

Blacksurt

09-12-2009

The way you counter the 5x promote is tower hug, focus on the promoted units and ignore their champions. The tower will attack their champions if they try to attack your champions while you bring down the promoted units. 5x promote is only highly effective the first and 2nd pushes due to the fact that most champions will have enough Ap/dps to bring down the promoted units quite quickly.

When an entire team gets promote, they sacrifice getting summoner skills that are more geared to combat, and your team will have that as an advantage in a fight. Gank their heros often when they are not using the 5x promote push.

JohnCataldo

09-12-2009

Until all arranged teams are only fighting arranged teams, it is kind of irrelevant that five organized players can beat five randoms.

Katten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2009

Smite!

Roland

09-12-2009

You probably would have had a better shot stopping the push if you guys didn't come at us one at a time.

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

09-12-2009

5 man promote is fail!