Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Debate is over, Noxus is Corrupt and Evil

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

larkhill

09-13-2011

Quote:
Methelod:
To be honest... I ignore threads like these because evil and corrupt are relative terms.

good start. i agree wholeheartedly...

Quote:
Methelod:
To me, noxus is a strong neutral that adheres to it's moral code.

still with ya...

Quote:
Methelod:
While Demacia is the evil one because they preach one set of morals and obey another, which forces innocents into war and then claims to be doing something for the greater good.

wait... so now good and evil r determined by those who contradict themselves the most? what?

epic failure...

id LOVE to hear why u think demacia is evil...

Lodratio

09-13-2011

@ Larkhill:
Contradiction.... not following your own ideals, may be "evil" if it makes you think of yourself as bad,
because it goes against your morals. (this is ofc assuming that there really is no good/ evil but its a matter of perspective)

in which case "evil" would mean not following your own morals and being able to live with doing so.
(which btw is the meaning of the "one rule" batman has... if he killed someone, it would make him evil,- or so he believes)

Just like riven, who cant believe in noxus and thinks that its corrupted, current state is evil, because it betrays its ideals in her eyes,
demacians may view themselves as evil, because they follow their ideology eventhough they know,
that what they believe in contradicts itself --> is wrong ---> is evil...
Just my stand on this though...i could be wrong.

LastTestament

09-13-2011

Quote:
LordOfDarkness1:
@ Larkhill:
Contradiction.... not following your own ideals, may be "evil" if it makes you think of yourself as bad,
because it goes against your morals. (this is ofc assuming that there really is no good/ evil but its a matter of perspective)

in which case "evil" would mean not following your own morals and being able to live with doing so.
(which btw is the meaning of the "one rule" batman has... if he killed someone, it would make him evil,- or so he believes)

Just like riven, who cant believe in noxus and thinks that its corrupted, current state is evil, because it betrays its ideals in her eyes,
demacians may view themselves as evil, because they follow their ideology eventhough they know,
that what they believe in contradicts itself --> is wrong ---> is evil...
Just my stand on this though...i could be wrong.

We judge "true evil" based on things like killing of innocents and genocide.

Both of these things Noxian committed in Ionia

we are argue the fractal theory of moral compass and what created that compass but as society we recognize certain things as evil...Genocide is a major one.

what Noxus did wasn't just dishonorable because they couldn't beat the Ionias on fair terms, it was evil.

Lodratio

09-13-2011

I just answered Larkhills question, which i interpreted as:
"Under which circumstances you could demacia be described as evil...? "
You are talking about OUR worlds morals, which from our perspective are reasonable...
but logic alone cant justify that.. it was and is influenced, if not entirely created by reflecting on experiences that were made in the past
(especially for Europe WW1/2 had some major influence on the way that we reflect on our world today..
but most of our collective truth hast it roots farther)

... which is why i wonder wether we should just transfer our definition of "true evil"
into a fictional world with different historical background.

NecroticBinder

09-13-2011

Quote:
Larkhill:
good start. i agree wholeheartedly...

still with ya...

wait... so now good and evil r determined by those who contradict themselves the most? what?

epic failure...

id LOVE to hear why u think demacia is evil...

It's an example. If you read between the lines, it would show that my view is that the world is shades of grey. For the same reason Noxus is not evil, Demacia is not good.

Frequently

09-13-2011

Using giant war machine to kill a bunch of hostile enemies and ensure that your few doomed troops that are still alive would not have died for nothing = evil

Using your enemies' human nature to let their guard down and deal with a poor, innocent girl while you spring an ambush in order to murder all of them = good

I think what we learn here is that the only true evil in this world, is SCIENCE.

NecroticBinder

09-13-2011

Quote:
Frequently:
Using giant war machine to kill a bunch of hostile enemies and ensure that your few doomed troops that are still alive would not have died for nothing = evil

Using your enemies' human nature to let their guard down and deal with a poor, innocent girl while you spring an ambush in order to murder all of them = good

I think what we learn here is that the only true evil in this world, is SCIENCE.

Go ask the tribunal forum. Cold, hard facts and logic ARE evil