here u go people

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odin

09-14-2011

This is pretty much BS Riot, your company is completely disregarding the meaning of "soon". From now on, I'll just read soon as "We have no ****ing clue". Here most people were looking at this patch today expecting Dominion and we get a new champion. Cool right? Umm...about that. When you have this many champions, you obviously can't get them balanced, since there are champions that will never be picked in a competitive game. Don't start with the "well, each champion fills out a specific role" card, that's BS too.

Why are people so upset about Dominion not being released? Because your game is getting boring, with only 1 map for duo queue and not as intricate as other MOBA games, League of Legends has lost it's luster. We would like Dominion to continue our enjoyment of the game. You won't see me till dominion has been released.

sagedye

09-14-2011

There have been many more delays on Dominion than anyone anticipated. The reason may be valid, but Riot is still earning a reputation.

OneEyedKing

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
I'll agree that our choice of words on the database upgrade was poor. By scheduled maintenance, we meant this Riven patch deploy. We needed to do some database work before this patch that required an additional downtime.
By "Next scheduled maintenance" we didn't mean THIS scheduled maintenance. The one after, I promise!

Oh wait, I don't promise. Uh....soon!!!!

Soon!!!

I Knew Jesus

09-14-2011

Dominion is a myth, I am assuming it was originally announced on April fools day and riot is going for the longest April fools joke of all time. A post from a riot employee said that Dominion would come out in the next downtime (that was 2 downtimes ago). The majority of dominion was done over a month ago, sure there were bug fixes and other things but assuming the time they have it should be done. Dominion is a myth and it is not coming out.

OneEyedKing

09-14-2011

Has any red actually said WHY Dominion is taking so long? People were literally playing it a month ago. Why the wait, Riot?

Please respond, since I don't think anyone has actually explained this. It would help a LOT of people.

Gath Immortal

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedKing View Post
Has any red actually said WHY Dominion is taking so long? People were literally playing it a month ago. Why the wait, Riot?

Please respond, since I don't think anyone has actually explained this. It would help a LOT of people.
guarantee you it has something to do with their servers, since it seems to be the most neglected part of their whole operation.

Shini Laser

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin View Post
This is pretty much BS Riot, your company is completely disregarding the meaning of "soon". From now on, I'll just read soon as "We have no ****ing clue". Here most people were looking at this patch today expecting Dominion and we get a new champion. Cool right? Umm...about that. When you have this many champions, you obviously can't get them balanced, since there are champions that will never be picked in a competitive game. Don't start with the "well, each champion fills out a specific role" card, that's BS too.

Why are people so upset about Dominion not being released? Because your game is getting boring, with only 1 map for duo queue and not as intricate as other MOBA games, League of Legends has lost it's luster. We would like Dominion to continue our enjoyment of the game. You won't see me till dominion has been released.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Soon

Please point out where in the meaning of "soon" it means 1 week, 2 weeks, or whatever. And, if you were expecting Dominion here, that was /your/ expectations, not based on anything official.

Also, most people had no problem with League of Legends until they saw streams of Dominion. Why the hell is everyone saying League of Legends just suddenly got lackluster? Sure, I want Dominion, as it seems more exciting, but I would hardly say that LoL is lackluster. I mean, what, going to say DotA2 now looks lackluster? If you do, then what do you plan on planning, and if you don't, then you are just looking for a reason to ***** at Riot it seems.

RagnaroKSC

09-14-2011

At IEM when riot were having there after show preview of dominion riv and phreak said it was coming out on the next major patch... so this was the next major patch and no dominon...

It's not the fact that we have to wait a little longer for it it is just that we just upset that we get told several different thing and then we have to wait even longer.

arc361

09-14-2011

Riot=fail

lm New Go Easy

09-14-2011

if your pissed off about Riot not releasing Dominion as well as not giving us answers about it please visit my thread in the dominion forum called Petition about Dominion!!!