Hero difficulty imbalance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrthodoxChaote

05-27-2010

Simply put, some heroes are WAY too easy to harass with early game. Ashe, Kat and Zilean come to mind. Ashe's Volley can only realistically be described as a no-skill shot, and Kat's dagger bounces so many times and has a long enough bounce distance that it can't NOT hit me 75% of the time.

I do this thing that some of you may be familiar with. I lane mid with Karthus. I lane mid with other heroes but I think Karthus is a fantastic example of what I'm talking about here.

Easily half the games I lane mid with Karthus I'm laned against either Ashe or Kat. Realistically I'd guess closer to 75%. I haveto work my ass off to do any damage to them at all, because if they're even slightly competent (as in don't haveto wear a helmet to take the bus) they know to dodge Lay Waste. That means every single time I want to hit them with it, I haveto fake them out/trick them in some fashion. And in return, they can spam Volley/Dagger throw without ANY effort whatsoever. Just click, bam. I'm harassed.

I'm not saying that they're "overpowered" perse. I'm merely saying that some heroes basically play themselves, and that the people who play them don't haveto have any real skill, or work at it at all to out-harass other heroes mid. If they can find the Q button, they can out-harass whoever's in lane with them. And most people can find the Q button.

This is fine for people learning the game, but, put them in the hands of someone who's experienced with League and they're going to ruin everyone's **** because they will basically always win the harassing/farming war early, and thus will be extremely strong lategame, without having had to work for it at all early. Gives decent players a HUGE advantage they didn't have to work for.

I think there's a serious need to rework a few skills that simply make things WAY too easy on the person using them. I personally think Kat and Ashe are the worst for this, but, there are others as well.

RHINO Mk II

05-27-2010

Working as intended.

Urobolus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2010

I'm going to leave this topic and enter again hopefully admitting that you're trolling.

OrthodoxChaote

05-27-2010

Why would I be trolling?

GIANTISOPOD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2010

Guys there is a hero difficulty imbalance. There are some champions that are WAY BETTER AT SHOOTING GUNS than other champs. Gangplank comes to mind. You need to FIX THIS NOW because apparently champions can't be unique in any way and they cannot, I repeat CANNOT have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Sr Kundo

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrthodoxChaote View Post
Simply put, some heroes are WAY too easy to harass with early game. Ashe, Kat and Zilean come to mind. Ashe's Volley can only realistically be described as a no-skill shot, and Kat's dagger bounces so many times and has a long enough bounce distance that it can't NOT hit me 75% of the time.

I do this thing that some of you may be familiar with. I lane mid with Karthus. I lane mid with other heroes but I think Karthus is a fantastic example of what I'm talking about here.

Easily half the games I lane mid with Karthus I'm laned against either Ashe or Kat. Realistically I'd guess closer to 75%. I haveto work my ass off to do any damage to them at all, because if they're even slightly competent (as in don't haveto wear a helmet to take the bus) they know to dodge Lay Waste. That means every single time I want to hit them with it, I haveto fake them out/trick them in some fashion. And in return, they can spam Volley/Dagger throw without ANY effort whatsoever. Just click, bam. I'm harassed.

I'm not saying that they're "overpowered" perse. I'm merely saying that some heroes basically play themselves, and that the people who play them don't haveto have any real skill, or work at it at all to out-harass other heroes mid. If they can find the Q button, they can out-harass whoever's in lane with them. And most people can find the Q button.

This is fine for people learning the game, but, put them in the hands of someone who's experienced with League and they're going to ruin everyone's **** because they will basically always win the harassing/farming war early, and thus will be extremely strong lategame, without having had to work for it at all early. Gives decent players a HUGE advantage they didn't have to work for.

I think there's a serious need to rework a few skills that simply make things WAY too easy on the person using them. I personally think Kat and Ashe are the worst for this, but, there are others as well.

The idea of riot was not to make one single kind of hero, that is good early game and late game and in 5v5 and in 1v1.

Their intention in this game was to diversify, Yi is horrid early game but if played right can destroy anything late game, Ashe is great 1v1 but not nearly as strong in 5v5 brawls, Karthus was not intended to be great 1v1 given his ult of kill anything on the map and have mass AoE and keep it going while dead, blow up any 5v5 situation.

They wanted to make it challenging and fun to different play styles, and if you like playing karthus then get lvl 6 faster than your enemy, or just farm the creeps for gold so you can ult harder?

ZyloWolfBane

05-27-2010

This is why balance (Or the idea of it) is an ever-changing process.

But the idea of how difficult a hero is or isnt actually works perfectly fine.

RelaxingBrownies

05-27-2010

Your playing Karthus, and having a problem harassing? I think the problem isn't the champions...

DontBanMeImDrunk

05-27-2010

you need to adjust your gameplay to who you are facing. Play defensively, and use lay waste to last hit creeps.

OrthodoxChaote

05-27-2010

I'm not saying they should all be identical. I'm saying that Ashe is so easy to harass with that it gives whoever picks her a HUGE advantage without them having to work for it? Ashe is a strong physical damage hero with the cone damage/slow and her ult which does AOE damage. Arguing that she's "not good in team fights" is not so correct. Especially when she was able to farm unimpeded entirely because she could effortlessly out harass whoever she laned against.

Also uhhh. "They wanted to make it challenging and fun to different play styles," There is nothing challenging about Ashe, which is kinda my point.

Also I'm not saying Karthus isn't good. I was using him as an example of a hero who requires skill to harass with early, compared to Ashe.