"Dominion will be available shortly after PAX"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Majin Bl3u

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotick View Post
In the gaming and technology world, thing tend to go REALLY fast. That's why we assumed that shortly meant 2-3 days, maybe a week.

If you think about it, If i bought a new PC just before PAX, it would be almost outdated today. That was a really long time in the computer world... Riot should have said that their interpretation of shortly was considering the age of the universe instead of using the word as almost everybody expected it to be use.
Thats an awful argument. You are comparing hardware development to software development. They are very different processes that can't be compared.

However I am also mad at them! They said "soon" and "you have no idea how soon it really is" and "when we say soon, we mean SOON". Over and over they talked about how soon it would be. That was over a month ago. They didn't say "We are still working on it, and it will be out soon when we complete it". They said just soon over and over, in a way that implied that they were basically done working on it, were giving it a spit shine, and would have it out you know... SOON. As in like a week or 2. Then they said "shortly after PAX" which to me meant "oh awesome! That's probably the patch after PAX!". But it wasn't the Talon patch. And now its not even the Riven patch.

Riot.... you guys have definitely let us down with this time frame. Your promises of soon have been broken. It is no longer soon.

Robotick

09-13-2011

Yeah, I agree with you November, That was pretty much the best time to launch dominion. The only thing clashing with it right now is Gears of War 3 coming next week.

But as you said, SO many game coming out with really great content and a release date (Riot should notice something there... EVERYBODY TELL A RELEASE DATE, even if they are gonna miss it)

rest0

09-13-2011

"Shortly after PAX" was the words.

And it was already said: Many weeks after PAX, is not "shortly".

You came with arguments about software and game developing. Well, Riot has been releasing champions every 3-4 weeks.

Robotick

09-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rest0 View Post

You came with arguments about software and game developing. Well, Riot has been releasing champions every 3-4 weeks.
So, because they are releasing champion from time to time, they have the right to lie to us?

babamonkey

09-14-2011

D*mn them for giving us a free game and making us wait for another!

Herboss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by babamonkey View Post
D*mn them for giving us a free game and making us wait for another!
You might be a cheap ******* but I've spent over $100 on this free game (over $150 if you count the collectors editions I bought for mates), more than I've spent on the majority of premium titles. Free game argument only counts if you're a cheapskate.

Best part is with all the emphasising "SOON means SOON", they have just completely left us in the dark as to wtf is going on. Pretty clear their customers want answers. Pretty piss poor IMO.

BlueSwampMonster

09-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rest0 View Post

Actually the words were, "Shortly after PAX is the goal."

Clearly they did not meet this goal, but it was also never a promised release date. It was more of a, "Best case scenario: We get it out shortly after PAX, but that isn't certain."