Time to buy runes or stick with champs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deep Blue Skies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2010

Hey guys, so I have about 7800 IP points and am itching to decide what to get? ATM I have been playing alot of Akali since her release and enjoy the physical champs more than the casters so I was thinking I should start buying runes. However, I also have waited patiently and Shen refuses to be free so I was thinking of buying a few champs to mix things up. Is kennen still viable? I have been hearing he isn't what he was before they changed him. Also how is Shen looking with the nerfs? I am also considering Twitch just for the hell of it, but I know he is extremely annoying. I do miss playing Teemo so I am going to buy him... Any thoughts or suggestions on runes/champs I would greatly appreciate

Deep Blue Skies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2010

please any input would greatly help, i am very indecisive and dont know much about runes!

matter11

05-26-2010

only buy runes if you're level 21 or above. otherwise they're a waste of money.

br4mbl3

05-26-2010

you should save your IP and get more IP. Tier 3 flat health quints cost 2050 IP each, so you could blow all your IP on 3 flat health quints or somethin.

Tier 3 runes cost a lot of IP

Desiani

05-26-2010

I honestly like Kennen. He is a great champ to play. Shen is fun aswell though He is slightly hahrder to play due to his recent nerfs, but still a choice pick. I haven't bought akali yet but she seems super fun.

Deep Blue Skies

05-26-2010

Thanks for all the input guys, really appreciate it! I am lvl 25 right now, I do have a dmg quint so I can get akali's passive with a doran's blade at start. However my reasoning behind the champs is because Riot likes to pick champs I don't really have a care for, and it's nice to get a change from the norm.

TogTogTogTog

05-26-2010

I would invest in a good set of runes then work on characters. Maybe health quints, dodge runes, cdr blues and spell pen/armour pen reds.

Those runes will help a large majority of characters in the game and make your games more fun

Lucchinii

05-26-2010

Like Tog said.

Get armor pen or magic pen marks
mp/5 or dodge seals
and cooldown reduction glyphs.
Flat hp quints are cool too, but cost wayy too much... More than you have currently.

Saavedra

05-26-2010

cdr blues and flat health quints are great investments, since they are the only runes I use for ALL my many rune builds.

reds and yellow are the ones I switch up, and they're generally either armor penetration or magic penetration for red, and dodge or mana/level for yellow. But since you play Akali, dodge yellows are good on anyone, although there is a good argument that hp/level is better than dodge if you don't have tank level hit points. So it may be safe to buy yellows as well.

Remember, there are a few good champs who are 450 IP, and more who are 1350. I'd say go runes and if you are REALLY wanting a new champ just play a few games and you will be able to afford Ashe or Soraka or Yi, or save slightly longer to get Sivir or whoever is 1350.

Deep Blue Skies

05-26-2010

Thanks for the rune info... I went ahead and bought 4 dodge seals and 4 CD glyphs for the time being. I do have sivir and ashe, just got tired of playing them. One question that might be really noob... Once you place runes, and you do clear page or undo changes do you get your runes back or do you lose them? I.E. is it like your masteries where you can switch them freely whenever? Thanks