Ezreal Blink Opd?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaddMonkeyC

05-27-2010

Dear Gamers,

I want to know if you guys think Ezreal's blink spell is opd. I think it should to little to no damage (a blink is already insanely good; this goes for Kassadin as well). Finally, instead of nerfing the damage I think the could add an item that silences or just add more silences.

Cheers,

MaddMonkeyC

Sobel

05-27-2010

opd?

RHINO Mk II

05-27-2010

Working as intended.

But yeah, I despise seeing characters with a 9 second blink since I used to play Kassadin. Especially when it isn't their ultimate.

Destrus

05-27-2010

it removes zilean's bombs? obviously i'm just not getting bombed enough o:

Morinav

05-27-2010

9 seconds is a pretty long time compared to 4 seconds. In fact, 9 seconds is more than enough time for people to catch Ezreal and beat the **** out of him.

The range is really short, it doesn't pop incoming attacks, and while it's a pretty solid nuke, it hits whatever's closest. Makes it a challenge to hit what needs to be hit with it, and it's very risky to use as an initiator since Ezreal's mega-squish and quite slow.

If you despise Ezreal's 9 second Arcane Shift, then you really must hate Gragas's 6 second charge, or Tryndamere's 9 second spin (reducable on crits). But people rarely complain about those since you're "moving fast through walls" as opposed to "blinking", which are pretty close mechanics wise (I believe the only real difference is you can't use a movement ability while snared anymore?).

Edit: Neither Riftwalk nor Arcane Shift remove bombs.

Swag Daddy Nik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2010

Plenty of people have a blink like Ezreal does, it's definitely not OP. The master of getting away would have to be Kassadin, his blink cooldown is pretty much nothing. Also, aren't we forgetting old Nidalee?

Crayon Puppet

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morinav View Post
9 seconds is a pretty long time compared to 4 seconds. In fact, 9 seconds is more than enough time for people to catch Ezreal and beat the **** out of him.

The range is really short, it doesn't pop incoming attacks, and while it's a pretty solid nuke, it hits whatever's closest. Makes it a challenge to hit what needs to be hit with it, and it's very risky to use as an initiator since Ezreal's mega-squish and quite slow.

If you despise Ezreal's 9 second Arcane Shift, then you really must hate Gragas's 6 second charge, or Tryndamere's 9 second spin (reducable on crits). But people rarely complain about those since you're "moving fast through walls" as opposed to "blinking", which are pretty close mechanics wise (I believe the only real difference is you can't use a movement ability while snared anymore?).
what he said, and the damage is automatically applied to the nearest unit, which means optimal blinking conditions require timing, and u can be in range and still not hit the unit you want to hit, i think EZ is fairly balanced, and if anything needs a nerf its flux which recently was, but arcane shift though a good spell is hardly op.... I rock max CD on arcnae shift for 70% of my games in favour of mystic, flux and ult. Its more of a clutch move and if being able to shift spam via nashors and death fire wand(or watever its called) greatly reduces the likelyhood you will farm big ticket AP items you need to maximize his other spells or get ap/hp items to survive for very long if ur spells though spammble aren't hitting as hard as u need them to strike fear into the hearts of a jax or shen. ..... spell is not OP at all

br4mbl3

05-27-2010

This might be random, but I really love when people think they can get away with a blink. It's so easy to predict nowadays, if someone is running towards a wall, it's not because they're stupid, it's because they intend to blink across the wall. Fools don't think I can follow them, but alas, my Flash summoner spell allows me to follow them and deal that final blow!

So just take flash and blink with ez!

MaddMonkeyC

05-27-2010

Correction: Ezreal's blink no longer removes Zilean's bombs; they've fixed it since I've noticed it last.

Second: Arcane shift is instant, while those other escapes are not. Gragas stops when he runs into anything. Trynd needs it because he's MELEE. The other blink chars are all MELEE.

Third: Ez always takes flash as his summoner spell so there's no possible way to kill him unless you have a silence or get a stun off on him if he's decent.

GIANTISOPOD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddMonkeyC View Post
Correction: Ezreal's blink no longer removes Zilean's bombs; they've fixed it since I've noticed it last.

Second: Arcane shift is instant, while those other escapes are not. Gragas stops when he runs into anything. Trynd needs it because he's MELEE. The other blink chars are all MELEE.

Third: Ez always takes flash as his summoner spell so there's no possible way to kill him unless you have a silence or get a stun off on him if he's decent.
sort of like about 20 other champs, right?

inexperience ftw!