Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Buy/Sell/Trade at RuneStop!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Risiko

05-27-2010

As I was driving back to work after lunch today I passed some local Buy/Sell/Trade game store. Maybe League of Legends needs something similar. I have plenty of runes that I now wish I didnt buy because I didn't much care for the champ type (magic pen, im looking at you!). I wish there was a way I could sell then back to the store for say, 50% of purchase cost (IP only) or maybe trade them with other LoL summoners. As for trading, charge an IP fee (20% of rune cost?) to prevent abuse.

Thoughts?

PROS:
1: Make it easier to really test out a new hero. I don't play manaless heroes because I have +11 mana blue runes. If I were to try out one of the ninjas on the free week rotations I would be gimping my team because I'd have useless runes.

2: Be able to get something out of horribly rolled runes from the combiner. I have 2 red or yellow +MR runes that I am sure I will NEVER use, but dont have a third T3 to roll them again, and I'd much prefer to sell them for some IP and then just buy the one I actually need.

3: It would be easier to get a functioning rune book, which would mean RP/IP would be spent on champions more often. Personally, I am more likely to stay up late and play a few more games if I just bought a new champion than if i just bought a new rune. It would keep people playing more. Which is what RIOT wants, right?

Cons:
1:Would take time and money for Riot to develop a rune marketplace. But, maybe the sell back feature would not be so tough.
2: Could be exploitable. If Friend A has all melee runes and Friend B has caster, and they want to switch roles, they could just swap books whenever they wanted to. Neither would need to buy their own set. However, adding a cost to the trade (20% ip cost of rune maybe?) would fix that issue.

Anyone else have thoughts about this?

Wild Panic

05-27-2010

1) we can already "buy".

2) I'm not too sure about trading, since there are crappy rune types n other lower color category that no one could possibility want...and the good ones, why trade when u can just buy them?

3) selling runes is another deal all together...it might not make riot happy.

Risiko

05-27-2010

Quote:
Wild Panic:
1) we can already "buy".

2) I'm not too sure about trading, since there are crappy rune types n other lower color category that no one could possibility want...and the good ones, why trade when u can just buy them?

3) selling runes is another deal all together...it might not make riot happy.

Yes, I know we can buy already, and yes, no one is going to trade for a horrible rune, but being able to sell horrible runes at a percentage of their purchase cost could be useful.

The trade I see being used when a summoner wants to get out of a set of runes for a new champion type (like armor pen for magic pen or something)

EDIT: Why don't you think it would make Riot happy? I can see them just not wanting to commit the resources to develop it, but if they make it so it is not exploitable, just an option as players build up a book, then why not?