Buy/Sell/Trade at RuneStop!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Risiko

05-27-2010

As I was driving back to work after lunch today I passed some local Buy/Sell/Trade game store. Maybe League of Legends needs something similar. I have plenty of runes that I now wish I didnt buy because I didn't much care for the champ type (magic pen, im looking at you!). I wish there was a way I could sell then back to the store for say, 50% of purchase cost (IP only) or maybe trade them with other LoL summoners. As for trading, charge an IP fee (20% of rune cost?) to prevent abuse.

Thoughts?

PROS:
1: Make it easier to really test out a new hero. I don't play manaless heroes because I have +11 mana blue runes. If I were to try out one of the ninjas on the free week rotations I would be gimping my team because I'd have useless runes.

2: Be able to get something out of horribly rolled runes from the combiner. I have 2 red or yellow +MR runes that I am sure I will NEVER use, but dont have a third T3 to roll them again, and I'd much prefer to sell them for some IP and then just buy the one I actually need.

3: It would be easier to get a functioning rune book, which would mean RP/IP would be spent on champions more often. Personally, I am more likely to stay up late and play a few more games if I just bought a new champion than if i just bought a new rune. It would keep people playing more. Which is what RIOT wants, right?

Cons:
1:Would take time and money for Riot to develop a rune marketplace. But, maybe the sell back feature would not be so tough.
2: Could be exploitable. If Friend A has all melee runes and Friend B has caster, and they want to switch roles, they could just swap books whenever they wanted to. Neither would need to buy their own set. However, adding a cost to the trade (20% ip cost of rune maybe?) would fix that issue.

Anyone else have thoughts about this?

Wild Panic

05-27-2010

1) we can already "buy".

2) I'm not too sure about trading, since there are crappy rune types n other lower color category that no one could possibility want...and the good ones, why trade when u can just buy them?

3) selling runes is another deal all together...it might not make riot happy.

Risiko

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Panic View Post
1) we can already "buy".

2) I'm not too sure about trading, since there are crappy rune types n other lower color category that no one could possibility want...and the good ones, why trade when u can just buy them?

3) selling runes is another deal all together...it might not make riot happy.
Yes, I know we can buy already, and yes, no one is going to trade for a horrible rune, but being able to sell horrible runes at a percentage of their purchase cost could be useful.

The trade I see being used when a summoner wants to get out of a set of runes for a new champion type (like armor pen for magic pen or something)

EDIT: Why don't you think it would make Riot happy? I can see them just not wanting to commit the resources to develop it, but if they make it so it is not exploitable, just an option as players build up a book, then why not?