Hero difficulty imbalance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrthodoxChaote

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maledicte View Post
I definitely agree with what you are saying about how Riot was trying to create many different play-styles, and having various, unique champions. However, I do have to agree somewhat with the OP. There are easy-to-play champions, which is fine, and in fact necessary for newbies. It then becomes something completely different, however, when an actual skilled player picks on of these champions. It is like a sniper with his rifle vs a sniper with a rocket-launcher. Same skill, but better equipment.
I appreciate the support but I'm not sure that analogy really.....expresses my point?

It's more like two snipers, both know how to identify priority targets, how to find concealed vantage points, etc. Only one of them has a rifle that aims itself. They can both go up the hill, lie under the bush, and shoot the guy with the fanciest hat through the eye, achieving the same result. Just one hasto work a lot harder to keep up with the other, so usually ends up not being promoted, getting lippy and cleaning latrines with a toothbrush or something.

Sorry I got a little off topic. Either way.

GIANTISOPOD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2010

Then pick ashe...?

I honestly don't know what you expect. How the **** do you expect each champion to have the same difficulty with the same results without giving them all mirror spells lol.

it's all about playstyle. if you like karthus, pick karthus. if you like ashe, pick ashe.

OrthodoxChaote

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIANTISOPOD View Post
Then pick ashe...?

I honestly don't know what you expect. How the **** do you expect each champion to have the same difficulty with the same results without giving them all mirror spells lol.

it's all about playstyle. if you like karthus, pick karthus. if you like ashe, pick ashe.
I'm not suggesting they should all be EXACTLY the same? I'm saying that there's a MASSIVE disparity that explains why there's an Ashe in every game, and that makes laning against her frustrating. "Dude, that was awesome, I hit ashe with Mystic shot through a bunch of cree- Oh. Volley. Awesome. Now we're back to equal HP again"

"****, almost had that Mystic shot, oh well, next ti-volley. Fantastic."

"Alright, I'm definitely behind a wall of creeps, I can't hit her, but, at least she can't hit m-Volley. Ow. It got through. I am happy about that."

"Well, ok, we're both at 100 HP. I've got two damage skills, one of which is a teleport. I can definitely take her. Arcane shi- Flash. Volley. Oh, I'm slowed, and now dead. Nice."

Etc.

GIANTISOPOD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2010

I'm still trying to figure out what you're suggesting.. are you just QQing that volley is annoying, or are you even suggesting anything? make ashe.. harder to use? riot did indeed make some powerful champions easy, and there is nothing wrong with that..

OrthodoxChaote

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIANTISOPOD View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what you're suggesting.. are you just QQing that volley is annoying, or are you even suggesting anything? make ashe.. harder to use? riot did indeed make some powerful champions easy, and there is nothing wrong with that..
Again, car analogy. Two cars, one requires an accelerator to reach max speed, one requires 2 accelerators and a dashboard button to reach the same speed. Yes it's quite possible that the second car will win, but, he's handicapped from the starting line.

Whelp

05-27-2010

Karthus *****ing about harassing? Really?

Yes, Ashe and Kat are counters to him mid, but you as Karthus are also the counter to many, many other champs in mid, like Trist and TF.

Stop sucking and instead of playing offensively no matter what like an idiot, play defensively against them and be fine.

OrthodoxChaote

05-27-2010

It is almost like you don't know what an example is. But how can that be?

Bashbrizecul

05-27-2010

Oh noes, I have to think when playing against certain opponents mid! SHENANIGANS!

Ashe has 435 HP base, 20s CD on volley for the first level, 60 mana cost and a base mana pool of 200. If she's spamming volley she has to have mp5 runes or sacrificed mobility/damage for more mana regen. Get in 1 or 2 hits of lay waste in between volley and she'll be a lot more hesitant when it comes to harrassing.

Kat I can see having a problem with the lack of ressoruces required to use her techniques. She's the only hero mid I can say that makes me play differently due to Shunpo - BB.

But appart from that, if a hero is out harrassing you, play it safe? Time your CDs with the other mid? So far you simply sound like the guy refusing to take any MR when you have Annie + Anivia + Ryze on the other team. Different heroes, different play styles on both sides of the board.

GIANTISOPOD

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrthodoxChaote View Post
Again, car analogy. Two cars, one requires an accelerator to reach max speed, one requires 2 accelerators and a dashboard button to reach the same speed. Yes it's quite possible that the second car will win, but, he's handicapped from the starting line.
it's not a handicap, it's a playstyle. you're given a choice between car one and car two. you can choose car two more because you like it even though it's more difficult than the first one. it's not like you're being forced into driving car two.

IamDuddits

05-27-2010

You are also trying to compare a champion that relies on auto attacking and items to deal her damage to a champion that can basically rape face in a team fight with hardly any farm. Ashe needs to farm up to deal appreciable damage where as you can give Karthus a Rod of Ages and he will likely be good to for most of the game.

And as someone stated, unless Ashe gets a Meki Pendant she can't spam Volley much and if she does then she can't dodge your Lay Waste as easy (No Boots) and she can't be too aggressive (No Survivability except Health Pots). And if she doesn't go Meki Pendant then she can't harass you as much and your whole argument becomes moot. Kat is the only person I would really consider a problem because she can harass indefinitely but then again I think most would agree she is mind-numbingly OP, especially mid.