Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Fix Jana's Tornado

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bloodynub

05-27-2010

her tornado is fine, learn to dodge

ThisEndsNow

05-27-2010

Quote:
bloodynub:
her tornado is fine, learn to dodge

Ok lets make Mundos cleaver hitbox x10 wider than its animation size ?

Then tell everyone to learn to dodge it.

You sir just fail, total trolled =[

Jannas tornado hit box is about 25% wider than the animation, quite hard to dodge something thats invisible.

Geekweezul

05-27-2010

Ok people. It's a tornado. Ever been near one of those? A tornado's hitbox is epically larger than it's actual funnel.

Deal with it.

The Magic Sausage

05-27-2010

Didn't Janna's tornado use to scale distance with the amount of time it was charged. So it would only go half as far when charged for half the time.

Fractus

05-27-2010

Actually I would say it's more that the hitboxes need to be aligned. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they don't have shadows (makes world position harder to tell) although I can't remember my settings.

At certain angles it looks like they don't hit when they actually do due to the projectile not having a 'height' above the game floor. It's with all of them, not just Howling Gale. On the one hand they hit at certain angles but on the other the model can make contact with your champion and not hit. It does balance out, just move down instead of up for certain shots, etc.

Fractus

05-27-2010

Quote:
Moonmist118:
Does this seem ironic to anyone else? lol
Lmao, woops, ninja edited it now. Happens when I don't really give a toss about what what I'm typing.

HKBS Shiros

Recruiter

05-27-2010

Quote:
Geekweezul:
Ok people. It's a tornado. Ever been near one of those? A tornado's hitbox is epically larger than it's actual funnel.

Deal with it.

Horrible argument, saying **** like this in an unrealistic game will just bring about stuff like:

OMG ASHE'S ARROW DIDN'T KILL THE PERSON, ARROWS KILL THINGS WTF.
OMG GANGPLANK'S GUN DIDN'T KILL THE PERSON, THIS GAME IS TOTALLY WRONG.

Go away.

Geekweezul

05-27-2010

Quote:
Shiros:
Horrible argument, saying **** like this in an unrealistic game will just bring about stuff like:

OMG ASHE'S ARROW DIDN'T KILL THE PERSON, ARROWS KILL THINGS WTF.
OMG GANGPLANK'S GUN DIDN'T KILL THE PERSON, THIS GAME IS TOTALLY WRONG.

Go away.

lol umad?

Some realism can be used...it's not against the rules, I promise.

HKBS Shiros

Recruiter

05-27-2010

Quote:
Geekweezul:
lol umad?

Some realism can be used...it's not against the rules, I promise.

Totally mad. Good way to show how little ground your argument holds.

And in a game like this, realism always seems to be furthest from a developer's mind, I promise.

Geekweezul

05-27-2010

Quote:
Shiros:
Totally mad. Good way to show how little ground your argument holds.

And in a game like this, realism always seems to be furthest from a developer's mind, I promise.

1. Not sure how that negates my argument...but whatev.

2. Realism may not be a priority, but it's still there nonetheless. Ground slams cause cracks in the ground being an example. I'm not saying the entire game needs to be fully realistic, calm down. I'm saying maybe this ability is using some part of realism.

But go ahead, rage on. I think the angrier you get the more correct you are on these forums, right?