Fix Jana's Tornado

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bloodynub

Senior Member

05-27-2010

her tornado is fine, learn to dodge


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThisEndsNow

Senior Member

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodynub View Post
her tornado is fine, learn to dodge
Ok lets make Mundos cleaver hitbox x10 wider than its animation size ?

Then tell everyone to learn to dodge it.

You sir just fail, total trolled =[

Jannas tornado hit box is about 25% wider than the animation, quite hard to dodge something thats invisible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-27-2010

Ok people. It's a tornado. Ever been near one of those? A tornado's hitbox is epically larger than it's actual funnel.

Deal with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Magic Sausage

Senior Member

05-27-2010

Didn't Janna's tornado use to scale distance with the amount of time it was charged. So it would only go half as far when charged for half the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fractus

Senior Member

05-27-2010

Actually I would say it's more that the hitboxes need to be aligned. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they don't have shadows (makes world position harder to tell) although I can't remember my settings.

At certain angles it looks like they don't hit when they actually do due to the projectile not having a 'height' above the game floor. It's with all of them, not just Howling Gale. On the one hand they hit at certain angles but on the other the model can make contact with your champion and not hit. It does balance out, just move down instead of up for certain shots, etc.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fractus

Senior Member

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmist118 View Post
Does this seem ironic to anyone else? lol
Lmao, woops, ninja edited it now. Happens when I don't really give a toss about what what I'm typing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HKBS Shiros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
Ok people. It's a tornado. Ever been near one of those? A tornado's hitbox is epically larger than it's actual funnel.

Deal with it.
Horrible argument, saying **** like this in an unrealistic game will just bring about stuff like:

OMG ASHE'S ARROW DIDN'T KILL THE PERSON, ARROWS KILL THINGS WTF.
OMG GANGPLANK'S GUN DIDN'T KILL THE PERSON, THIS GAME IS TOTALLY WRONG.

Go away.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiros View Post
Horrible argument, saying **** like this in an unrealistic game will just bring about stuff like:

OMG ASHE'S ARROW DIDN'T KILL THE PERSON, ARROWS KILL THINGS WTF.
OMG GANGPLANK'S GUN DIDN'T KILL THE PERSON, THIS GAME IS TOTALLY WRONG.

Go away.
lol umad?

Some realism can be used...it's not against the rules, I promise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HKBS Shiros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
lol umad?

Some realism can be used...it's not against the rules, I promise.
Totally mad. Good way to show how little ground your argument holds.

And in a game like this, realism always seems to be furthest from a developer's mind, I promise.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiros View Post
Totally mad. Good way to show how little ground your argument holds.

And in a game like this, realism always seems to be furthest from a developer's mind, I promise.
1. Not sure how that negates my argument...but whatev.

2. Realism may not be a priority, but it's still there nonetheless. Ground slams cause cracks in the ground being an example. I'm not saying the entire game needs to be fully realistic, calm down. I'm saying maybe this ability is using some part of realism.

But go ahead, rage on. I think the angrier you get the more correct you are on these forums, right?