Akali - A walking design flaw?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LiFTeDyourFACE

05-27-2010

Akali does stupid amounts of burst dmg once you get lvl 6. I max Crescent first because I use it to farm faster and I harrass with that and shadow dance in a lane. If they don't back enough I shadow dance, crescent, and mark which can hopefully finish them off after the autoattack. If not, rinse and repeat. I never have problems with waiting for a shadow dance stack or whatever you want to call it.

Meridian

05-27-2010

I do think it's a bit annoying that you need to use your Shadow Essences just in order to deliver that melee attack to proc the Mark.. then again, I always get Rylais. Health, ap and a slow. Awesome.

Remiko Elliot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2010

Sure, whoever states that those who QQ about Akali just aren't playing how she's meant to be played is correct.
They're just not playing her like a hard assassin.

The problem is, "how she's meant to be played" is not that great in the game of LoL.
Assassins had more effectiveness in DotA where snowballing was ridiculous. But with LoL's anti-snowballing measures and the fact that Soulstealer/Occult do not work with Akali's passive makes her a terrible character to have in the team.

Sure, a good Akali may be able to get 5 kills early game and get pretty strong. But when the team fights starts happening, she's toast.

LiFTeDyourFACE

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voistriser View Post
Sure, whoever states that those who QQ about Akali just aren't playing how she's meant to be played is correct.
They're just not playing her like a hard assassin.

The problem is, "how she's meant to be played" is not that great in the game of LoL.
Assassins had more effectiveness in DotA where snowballing was ridiculous. But with LoL's anti-snowballing measures and the fact that Soulstealer/Occult do not work with Akali's passive makes her a terrible character to have in the team.

Sure, a good Akali may be able to get 5 kills early game and get pretty strong. But when the team fights starts happening, she's toast.
She is really not that bad in team fights. It's situational for the most part, but she is still useful. If you wait for AOE's to be used up you can shadow dance in and drop a shroud. It works to your advantage because a lot of times people try to target you, but the shroud screws that up so thats a second or 2 of interrupted attacks that they aren't throwing at your teammates. Then just pop out here and there to attack them, it frustrates the **** outta the other team.

Meta

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voistriser View Post
But with LoL's anti-snowballing measures and the fact that Soulstealer/Occult do not work with Akali's passive makes her a terrible character to have in the team.

This just goes to show how little you know about Akali.

Soulstealer and Occult DO now work with her passive, they hotfixed that a few days after she came out.

Also, Akali is phenomenal in teamfights, probably moreso than any other assassin.

LoL's anti-snowballing measures make assassins better in LoL than they would be in DotA, since LoL has less reliance on a hard-carry.