Akali - A walking design flaw?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brees

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranfusion View Post
I use her as my main and I do just fine. If you can't do fine you aren't trying to use her like shes meant to be played.

The whole argument that this guy can't keep up with his targets to combo is a complete lie. If he can't keep up with his target I'd LOVE to see how he plays. Akali is designed to keep up with her target. Any fool with exhaust can shadow dance and keep up. Any fool with Shadow dance vs anyone not named SIGNED or MASTER YI can keep up with their target.

Akali is fine. Sure, Rylai's is nice, but the changes you are proposing actually NERF THE HELL out of her. Reducing the slow? Adding a DASH to MOTA? Are you serious? She doesn't need 2 dash abilities. AT ALL. She does more burst on a single target than most non-mage champions and has excellent mobility.

The last thing she needs is another dash and more cooldown on her ult.

THE ONLY thing she needs is magic resist on W instead of armor.
You do fine because...

well there's no polite way to say it nevermind.

Morinav

05-27-2010

I haven't played Akali myself, but she seems great to me. Lots of nuking potential and amazing mobility. She's one of the few champs I fear when I play Ezreal.

November Terra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees View Post
You do fine because...

Say whatever you want, but honestly I don't see why ANYONE can't do fine with her. She has burst. She has mobility. When played right she is a good asset to team fights (Taking out the other teams squishy DPS fast.) If you rush in first obviously you're going to die, shes designed to lurk until the fight starts, then jump in and take out the dps.

Meta

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees View Post
You do fine because...

Hey, guess who's name I'm NOT finding on any of the top-500 lists.

On what grounds do you suggest you're a higher-ELO player than Aran?

Mr Scorpio

05-27-2010

Quote:
She doesn't have problems catching people, she has problems performing her combos on runners. Not a good thing for an assassin. But yeah, she can chase them very well.
Any melee without a snare/stun is going to have issues attacking a fleeing opponent.

IamDuddits

05-27-2010

Quote:
I use her as my main and I do just fine. If you can't do fine you aren't trying to use her like shes meant to be played.

The whole argument that this guy can't keep up with his targets to combo is a complete lie. If he can't keep up with his target I'd LOVE to see how he plays. Akali is designed to keep up with her target. Any fool with exhaust can shadow dance and keep up. Any fool with Shadow dance vs anyone not named SIGNED or MASTER YI can keep up with their target.

Akali is fine. Sure, Rylai's is nice, but the changes you are proposing actually NERF THE HELL out of her. Reducing the slow? Adding a DASH to MOTA? Are you serious? She doesn't need 2 dash abilities. AT ALL. She does more burst on a single target than most non-mage champions and has excellent mobility.

The only other buff I'd like to see is MotAs range increased a little to be on par with her Ult only because I've had a lot of times where I can't hit MotA without burning Essence First. It's not really a big deal and really 90% of the time I can hit MotA first but it's rather odd that the two skills that have a particular synergy when done in the correct order have effective ranges in the wrong order.

Brees

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta View Post
Hey, guess who's name I'm NOT finding on any of the top-500 lists.

On what grounds do you suggest you're a higher-ELO player than Aran?
probably because my account is "inept" not "brees"

Play against jiji's premade, played megazero's premade on TT a couple days ago so I'd say im fairly high elo.

not really the point of the thread anyway, just trying to illustrate that melee DPS is pretty meh against the current all kiter/heal comps.

you can Lolbase me and him if you really want proof.

Zackovs

05-27-2010

ya sure buff her ill just steam roll even harder

LiFTeDyourFACE

05-27-2010

Only change Akali needs is MR on her Shroud. When I play her Rylais and Guinsoos are must have items on her, just like other heros have items that are must haves. If you rush Guinsoos you can actually Shadow Dance, E, Q, and auto attack her without having to burn another Shadow Dance. This is especially true if you drop a Shroud. Besides I grab Rylais more for the AP and HP than I do for the slow. The slow is just a cherry on top

Charmicarmicarmicat

05-27-2010

Quote:

So aggressive..

Actually, she can keep very well up with her targets, but it's IMO fairly difficult to keep up with them while using your abilities. As far as Rylai goes, it makes it so much easier, in fact it makes it difficult to **** it up.

The Dash is very short, maybe 100-200 units. Less than pounce. It's just to better line her up for an attack after casting MOTA.

But I agree that MR instead of armor on her shroud makes much more sense..