Akali - A walking design flaw?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enfillyon

05-27-2010

i dont think she has a problem keeping up with people at all. i dont build the hammer or rylais till really late game and all i would have to do is drop a TS on top of who i wanted to kill to slow them anyway.

and yes, there also lizard buff

i lead in with mota, shadow dance onto them, auto attack then drop the shroud to slow letting me keep close to finish them off

IamDuddits

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
.....The biggest one is that she absolutely, and without any debate, needs Rylai for AP builds or Frozen Mallet for AD builds....
Good Akalis always get Rylai's and never buy Frozen Mallet. They also get Rage Blade and Sheen as well.

Charmicarmicarmicat

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
+1 for Charmicarmicarmicat post (where the **** have you been?!)

I can't comment, though, because I've played 2 games with Akali (despite buying her), and... I really don't find her that interesting, so I probably won't be playing many more than 2 games with her.

Hello Sweety.

I've been to Spain to Educate myself as a Tour Guide, and will be departing for Tunesia next saturday for a period of 6-12 months. Life is good. But it means indefinite goodbye.

November Terra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2010

Why are people so freaking intent on changing my favorite champion FOR THE WORST?

Her ULT is fine.
Her Q is fine.
Her E is fine.
Her W could use MAGIC resist instead of armor.

THATS IT.

I have 50 wins on Akali and she is FINE. Please for the love of god leave her be.

ihatehumans

Adjudicator

05-27-2010

Hey Charmi!

I would like to welcome you to LoL.

In LoL, champions have one best build.

In LoL, some champions are good, and the others don't have disables and/or AoEs.

I kind of think Akali is one of many champions that could do with changes like this. I hope Riot appreciates your feedback and looks in to your ideas

Brees

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranfusion View Post
Why are people so freaking intent on changing my favorite champion FOR THE WORST?

Her ULT is fine.
Her Q is fine.
Her E is fine.

THATS IT.

I have 50 wins on Akali and she is FINE. Please for the love of god leave her be.
some people enjoy being able to use characters on non-scrubs.

Sorry?

Charmicarmicarmicat

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta View Post
Changing Mark and Dance to the 15% slow is nonsensical. They're single-target abilities, and should work as such. You talk about bad game design... adding nonsensical exceptions to rules is bad game design... much worse than pigeonholing a champion into 1 item.

Anyways, I strongly disagree with the bulk of your post. Sure, we don't want champions to be forced into one build... but at the same time we don't want every champion to be able to pick up whatever items they want and do well.

EDIT:

Shameless self-plug for my Akali Guide:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=117057
http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/2542
Meta

You should know that Riot already enforce this rule. Mordekaisers ultimate is singletarget, but has been made 15% for balance reasons. Likewise, Nidalee's pounce is another exception to a rule.

Your disagreement is fine though, personally I hope that more people share my view.

IamDuddits

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranfusion View Post

Her ULT is fine.
Her Q is fine.
Her E is fine.

THATS IT.

It wasn't until I read a post in another thread, but I find it rather funny that Twilight Shroud gives her resistance vs the type of damage she is least likely to get hit by and gives her no resistance to the type of damage that will basically always hit her thanks to the aim box that casters are given.

Quote:
Meta

You should know that Riot already enforce this rule. Mordekaisers ultimate is singletarget, but has been made 15% for balance reasons.

Your disagreement is fine though, personally I hope that more people share my view.
I was actually unaware they did this to Morde's ult but I'm gathering the reason for that is because the DoT would proc the 35% speed debuff every second which would result in a permasnare which probably isn't intended. Most casters can't pull off a permasnare between CDs and Merc Treads.

Meta

05-27-2010

Quote:
Meta

You should know that Riot already enforce this rule. Mordekaisers ultimate is singletarget, but has been made 15% for balance reasons.

My understanding is that this is because the 15% rule also applies to DOT abilities, since the debuff would apply on each DOT tick. For this reason, it makes a little more sense on Mord's ult (since a ~10-second 35% slow would be lame).

However, they should specify "AOE and DOT abilities" in the tooltip.

November Terra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees View Post
some people enjoy being able to use characters on non-scrubs.

Sorry?
I use her as my main and I do just fine. If you can't do fine you aren't trying to use her like shes meant to be played.

The whole argument that this guy can't keep up with his targets to combo is a complete lie. If he can't keep up with his target I'd LOVE to see how he plays. Akali is designed to keep up with her target. Any fool with exhaust can shadow dance and keep up. Any fool with Shadow dance vs anyone not named SIGNED or MASTER YI can keep up with their target.

Akali is fine. Sure, Rylai's is nice, but the changes you are proposing actually NERF THE HELL out of her. Reducing the slow? Adding a DASH to MOTA? Are you serious? She doesn't need 2 dash abilities. AT ALL. She does more burst on a single target than most non-mage champions and has excellent mobility.

The last thing she needs is another dash and more cooldown on her ult.

THE ONLY thing she needs is magic resist on W instead of armor.