Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Am I the only one who likes tankwick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrnEggsNHam

05-27-2010

Quote:
Schwaggz:
The ONLY thing that makes warwick useful is his ability to jungle quickly and efficiently, freeing another solo lane. Building him as a tank is probably better considering how useless his abilities are.

I can't count how many games I've seen go down the tubes after the laning phase just because our WW failed terribly as a jungler and was completely useless.

So I can only hope that these morons either adapt another strategy or play a different hero because god knows I can't make anyone change or do anything regarding this game.

Edit: I see I've been rated down lol probably because some ignorant fool thinks I am saying all jungling is bad...

Beklynn

05-27-2010

Quote:
smithz:
Why do I run into so many Warwick players who when I suggest tank they get pissy and defensive .....

These people probably don't want you telling them how to play their champ. Saying play Tankwixk isn't telling someone not to get mana regen on Mundo. It isn't helpfull advice. It is you telling them what to do which isn't really your place.

smithz

05-27-2010

Quote:
Beklynn:
These people probably don't want you telling them how to play their champ. Saying play Tankwixk isn't telling someone not to get mana regen on Mundo. It isn't helpfull advice. It is you telling them what to do which isn't really your place.

"Dude, we have no tanks. They are winning in teamfights and we cant push. We need a tank. Your champion is best suited for it. Please go tank" And I get attacked.
Then of course I start calling them a noob and laugh. I am relatively nice when first broaching the subject. They are just so hostile to change.

noobfluff

05-27-2010

I usually define the tank as the initiator, or the one who has all the aggro. I usually end up being one or both of these regardless of what I build.

Also, Warwick who ults someone with Cleanse is a silly puppy.

Also, Doberman Warwick is the best.

ThisEndsNow

05-27-2010

Warwick should be played as a glass cannon, and with his jungle abilitys + low level ganking pro, you should be the highest level on the whole feild.

So your "glass cannon" is no longer glass due to warwick being +2/+3 levels over everyone else on the feild, and now he is just a cannon.

When i see Warwick building Sunfire capes i just laugh.

DirkOfPerk

05-27-2010

I guess if you are hard pressed by no other tanks, sure, but there are way better tanks and warwick would likely be doing better as a ganker anyway. I have seen tankwicks get eaten alive by more traditional warwicks, if they are even for gold and levels or even just close it is really no competition.

Mowarth

05-27-2010

Force of nature + mercury treads + madreds + sunfire cape spam = tankwick

A real pain in the ass for casters and squishy ranged champions

RocketSlug

05-27-2010

Went tankwick once. Grabbed a Sunfire after Bloodrazor/Treads. It kept me alive long enough for the rest of my caster-heavy team to nuke the balls off of whoever I initiated on. Plus the extra ticks on Sunfire added some nice damage to my ult as icing on the cake.

OrthodoxChaote

05-27-2010

See, I like using warwick as a ganker, but, in big teamfights the only time you should open with his ult is if you're bloodrazoring their tank down. Otherwise follow your initiators in and just pound on everyone, then use your ult on their carry if he gets uppity, or to chase down someone fleeing. Warwick's main weakness is that he commits super-hard, so you need to find ways to obviate that.

Though tankwick is something I've never tried. Maybe I should.

Wu Thuong

05-27-2010

just wondering how do you guys build tankwick? i mean besides stacking sunfire capes...

against a AD heavy team it probably wouldnt be wrong getting randoums omen or/ and frozen heart i guess... ive tried using wardens mail on him lately which was rather effective...

What do you do against a AP heavy team? When I'm playing dps warwick I usually go for items like Wits end, Mercury Treads, Spirit Visage just to get some extra MR but i still cant tank too much with these