Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Discussion of Strategy/Team Roles in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Partarius

09-12-2011

Since Dominion hasn't been released yet and might not be for a while, it's about time to get some actual strategy discussion to happen in the meantime.

Here are the basic team roles I'm expecting to see once it's finally released (all from the point of view of blue team, for simplicity's sake):

Tanky Sustain: Champions like Cho'Gath, Garen, etc, who can stay at a point, interrupt captures, and take lots of punishment. Good for defending points like the windmill, far from base. Tanks without great sustain (Amumu, Rammus, etc.) can still fill this role thanks to health relics, or can just defend the two points close to base.

Roamers, Assassins: There are some champions who are super mobile and can easily slip beneath the enemies' radar to get in and capture the boneyard/drill without anyone raising a fuss, or even keeping it locked down until Garen can come and hold the point in the long-term. Teemo and Shaco are good examples of this, as well as having great utility, being able to defend and attack at the same time with their structures.

Pushers: Some champions, like Sivir or Alistar, may have a hard time capturing a point unaided. There are also times in the game where everyone else on the team is too busy to help them. This is a good opportunity to use the new (old) summoner Promote! These champions can let their minions work on neutralizing the point while they distract the enemy. Not sure if these are very viable.

Example team using these roles:
Rammus, Garen, Teemo, Annie, Janna
Rammus can immediately rush to the windmill and start capturing, hopefully Garen and Annie will get there fast to help him hold. Annie can also capture the Refinery on the way. Teemo, if he's really lucky, will be able to sprint to the Boneyard and wait, cloaked, until it's unguarded. Otherwise, Janna can help him push to the Boneyard early. Later, Teemo will do a lot of roaming. I include Annie because of her incredible skirmish utility, with high burst damage and an AOE stun.

tl;dr : I want to hear your ideas on the team roles in Dominion. What sort of strategies do you all think we'll see?
In other words, it's time to quit moping about the lack of a release and start preparing for the eventual release. It's time to start making builds, teams, and overall strategies.

Robotick

09-12-2011

There is no use to discuss that right now... whats th point of developping strategy for a game that you may never see, you should ask fro Riot to make an announcement of some kind... until Dominion is released strategy serve absolutely no purpose.

Partarius

09-12-2011

Quote:
Robotick:
There is no use to discuss that right now... whats th point of developping strategy for a game that you may never see, you should ask fro Riot to make an announcement of some kind... until Dominion is released strategy serve absolutely no purpose.

First of all, and I think most people will agree with me on this, Dominion is already too far along for it to go the way of Magma Chamber. We've seen it at Gamescom and Pax, and it's basically playable already. We also have a lot of the files associated with Dominion already. What I'm saying is that discussing strategy is a much better use of everyone's time than QQing about release dates.

Robotick

09-12-2011

I'm not QQing, i'm asking question but nobody answer

Partarius

09-12-2011

So much for talking strategy...

band of brewskis

09-12-2011

umm maybe wait to play the game before discussing strategy. successful strategies are based around actual experience, not theorycraft.

Pissfer

Recruiter

09-12-2011

If you want anything like this, search down a little, and there's a much more in-depth (theorycraft) guide down there

Moconut

09-22-2011

To try and keep this discussion on topic... It seems my premade 4 I play with (Team comp of usually Gangplank, Heimer and the random 5th on top and Riven and Irelia bot) have pretty good luck getting the caps locked in early game... We have the random 5th cap the drill while Heimer and GP go top... Heimer puts down his turrets while GP starts to cap and Heimer assists GP after turrets are in place... On bottom Riven and Irelia cap the boneyard and then pop ghost and approach the quarry where we pop a garrison on the capped enemy turret and use the CC/Nukes from Riven and Irelia to push away the enemy bot lane champs or kill them, if they don't die irelia will cap while Riven harasses with the stun and knock backs taking easy control early game.