3 Smites on Twisted Treeline.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brees

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctechie View Post
You don't get three smites for Lizard.

You take 3 smites so you can go pwn the dragon as soon as the cooldown is up. 2 smites on dragon leaves the possibilty of it getting stolen by the other team. 3 smites puts him down without giving the other team a chance to steal.
hint: you get it for both

Goride

05-27-2010

3 smites is an extremely powerful tactic on TT. That is why that tactic is often banned from some tournament play.

Morzas

05-27-2010

It's not a tactic. It's a strategy. The two concepts are pretty different.

sctechie

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees View Post
hint: you get it for both
There's no need for 3 smites on Lizard. You might as well get 2 smites + an exhaust if only care about dropping lizard when it spawns.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sctechie View Post
There's no need for 3 smites on Lizard. You might as well get 2 smites + an exhaust if only care about dropping lizard when it spawns.
Exactly.
2 Smites on initial lizard spawn leaves it with like, 70 HP or so. Why would I waste a third smite on it?

As long as you're coordinating with your allies, you really don't need 3 smites to kill a neutral.

Brees

05-27-2010

2 smites doesnt guarantee lizard, you dont think the other team is going to have 3 people with smite all ready to get it? and your exhaust wont do anyting because they all have cleanse as well.

Brees

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GkCHN View Post
Exactly.
2 Smites on initial lizard spawn leaves it with like, 70 HP or so. Why would I waste a third smite on it?

As long as you're coordinating with your allies, you really don't need 3 smites to kill a neutral.
oh silly me I forgot only you and your allies exist. ryze bot and alistar bot are busy farming their lanes.

Airza

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morzas View Post
It's not a tactic. It's a strategy. The two concepts are pretty different.
lollllllll

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brees View Post
2 smites doesnt guarantee lizard, you dont think the other team is going to have 3 people with smite all ready to get it? and your exhaust wont do anyting because they all have cleanse as well.
Three smites doesn't guarantee lizard either.
Two smites is enough to take it out. I ask again, why 3 smites when two smites leaves Lizard with extremely low HP?
Cleaver +Smite + Smite = dead lizard
Mystic Shot + Smite + Smite = dead lizard
Autoattack + Smite + Smite = dead lizard

Anything after early game depends on how each team plays it out. Smite is good, but 3 smites is overusing it and you end up doing nothing useful while waiting for neutrals to spawn.

Raidarc

05-27-2010

I usually have Blitzcrank on my team so if I know they are at the dragon we'll kill em. My 3v team is Nidalee, Blitzcrank and Poppy(me).