3 Smites on Twisted Treeline.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raidarc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2010

Just read about it on the Tournament forums but couldn't post my reply there so if I'm not the only one who can't post in that forum we can discuss it here.

I'm not sure how this is a good strategy. If I saw 3 smites I could expect their strategy and shut them down with what I do every game. WARDS. 90 gold in the 2 most sought after monsters. Red Rune and Dragon.

DreamSpiders

05-26-2010

You can take dragon down in less then a second with 3 smites. It makes it very hard to counter.

peyo

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidarc View Post
Just read about it on the Tournament forums but couldn't post my reply there so if I'm not the only one who can't post in that forum we can discuss it here.

I'm not sure how this is a good strategy. If I saw 3 smites I could expect their strategy and shut them down with what I do every game. WARDS. 90 gold in the 2 most sought after monsters. Red Rune and Dragon.
they will kill it before you get there

Raidarc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2010

The main point here is if you see the 3 smites on the other team you would come to expect the strategy and if not seen on map know that they are farming the dragon. Timely ganks and control of the map will win over this strategy in my opinion.

Edit: Not like it takes long to kill it without smites anyways.

TaigaStance

Recruiter

05-27-2010

3 smites is overkill on TT and is a waste of a summoner spell. 2 smites however, is necessary for the advantage. Jungle control is key on Twisted Treeline due to the buff advantages.
For example, at level 1 it takes two smites and two autoattacks to kill lizard immediately when it spawns. In doing so, you get your entire team to level 2 + gold advantage + red buff.

Even with wards, if you're without jungle control you have very little chance in defeating the other team.

Brees

05-27-2010

2 smites wont instakill the lizard and let you dominate the map for the rest of the game, 3 smites does.

what summoner spell is so important anyway that you need so badly? all you need is smite and cleanse.

Unyaro

05-27-2010

Three smites is overkill however, because it doesn't take much longer then 1-2 seconds to put lizard within double smite range.

And yes, controlling lizard buff and dragon buff come close to guaranteeing you wins on these maps. So what if you've warded them? they run in, smack the lizard around and kill it by the time you arrive, same with dragon.

If you let them do this and then fail to utterly dominate lanes guess what happens - level and gold advantage for them - you getting dominated in lane - snowballing that's worse than snowballing(not really.. that's just gross!!)

Brees

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unyaro View Post
Three smites is overkill however, because it doesn't take much longer then 1-2 seconds to put lizard within double smite range.

And yes, controlling lizard buff and dragon buff come close to guaranteeing you wins on these maps. So what if you've warded them? they run in, smack the lizard around and kill it by the time you arrive, same with dragon.

If you let them do this and then fail to utterly dominate lanes guess what happens - level and gold advantage for them - you getting dominated in lane - snowballing that's worse than snowballing(not really.. that's just gross!!)
impyling that another team doesnt exist.

100% >

1337SuperNewb

Recruiter

05-27-2010

Three smites is a bit much, in my opinion. Are all the tournament players running it?

sctechie

05-27-2010

You don't get three smites for Lizard.

You take 3 smites so you can go pwn the dragon as soon as the cooldown is up. 2 smites on dragon leaves the possibilty of it getting stolen by the other team. 3 smites puts him down without giving the other team a chance to steal.