Guides for every champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zador

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSS4x View Post
Ok so about the custom build we can make, is there a way to send our build and add other ppls to the program as well?

Basically Import/Export options :P
Hi,

This option (making your own build) isn't implemented yet, but when it will be released, we will try as hard as we can to make it possible to save and share your builds with other people. If you have any other questions make sure to ask here.

EDIT: Will see if it is possible to resize the window (if you shrink it, you will probably have a scroll bar)

Thank you,
LoG Beta (Luche)

Akali is me

09-21-2011

I must say that this application is really handy, but it has some minor bugs that were already mentioned.
Suggestion : Having favorites would be really useful, especially when you are going to add more then one build for the same champion.

Big Stoned Kitty

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoG Beta View Post
Hi stoned kitty,

First of all, thank you very much for your feedback. These are pretty good ideas, but we will be focusing on doing the easiest one first, such as : multiple builds for the same champions, more detailed guides (some are fine, but some lack information as you said), items, runes, mastery .. description when you have your mouse over it. Then we will start doing the longer/challenging additions : be able to make your own build and save them, share them with other users and AT LAST be able to import builds directly from websites such as leaguecraft, solomid, mobafire ...

Thank you again and stay tuned for more updates coming soon.
LoG Beta (Luche)
Looks like the easiest ones are also offer the most utility, so that's good news! Glad to hear you're looking to take this all the way.

As for the menu displacement, sometimes switching between different champ categories causes the buttons to be a little off, so that I'll have to click a fraction of an inch above the words to open the menu. It's hardly an issue, and it seems that no one else is having the same problem, so maybe it's just on my end. If it helps at all, I'm running 1680x1050 res on Vista x64, but like I said, it's pretty much a non-issue.

Anyway, I'll keep checking back for updates or to give any additional feedback/bugs I encounter.

So far all the builds I've tried are solid, and in quite a few cases, better than the builds I used before. And I'm more than happy to help in any way I can; I wish more of the community used this instead of a lot of the (in my opinion) popular and not-so-good guides on mobafire. I'll try to get some of my friends using it as well.

Will you be updating this alongside champ release patches?

EDIT: Just noticed the Orianna section has a typo, her name is misspelled as Oriana. Also, while you probably can't implement guides on how to play the champ yet, maybe you could include a link to an external guide giving details on how to play that champ, even if it's as simple as "Text Guide: (Link)" or "Video Guide: (Link)". While the programming is still in its infancy at least, that seems like a decent placeholder. You could make space for it pretty easy by scaling down the summoner spell icons and the back button.

Sorry for my wall-of-text and endless suggestions, I'm just excited about this and think it could be extremely beneficial to a lot of players. :>

xSS4x

09-21-2011

There seems to be some mistakes on some runes:

I keep seeing Greater Glyph of Clarity in some build.... I know of Seal of Clarity but Glyph?
Was it meant to be Glyph of Celerity maybe?

EDIT, NVM, just saw them in the store, i was relying on http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_runes and i couldnt see them there :P

Zador

09-22-2011

Hello big kitty,

Once again you have pretty nice ideas
To answer your question: Yes, we will be updating the application on new champion release (only when there will be good builds) Also adding a link to the complete detailed guide is a great idea, we will definitely check this out. Thanks for noticing the orianna typo, it will be fixed in the next version. Unfortunatelly, I cannot give any date about the release date of the new version, we never work at specific hours, we just work on the application when we have free time.

Thank you once again,
LoG Beta (Luche)

Zador

09-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSS4x View Post
There seems to be some mistakes on some runes:

I keep seeing Greater Glyph of Clarity in some build.... I know of Seal of Clarity but Glyph?
Was it meant to be Glyph of Celerity maybe?

EDIT, NVM, just saw them in the store, i was relying on http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_runes and i couldnt see them there :P
Hi,

yes, these runes definitely exist, but for some reasons they aren't in the wikia database, nor on the leagueoflegends.com database.

LoG Beta (Luche)

last2stand

09-22-2011

Hello Big Stoned Kitty,

we really aprreciate your idea and WILL use them for further updates and patch new champs WILL be added as soon as we get good builds for them. The most exciting part of you comment is that you think the same as us. People should use our apps instead of browsing between websites like mobafire. We will to our best to make LOL BUDDY more and more handy. The more comments and download we get, the more excited we are to put hard work on implementing more features.

Greatest salutation,
Last2stand (P)

DirtyHeads

09-24-2011

Love thiis application

Vileur

Recruiter

09-24-2011

Nice application. I did notice that some of the guides that it utilizes are somewhat out of date though. (IE: Kayle Build is from 60+ Days ago. Not to much has changed since then its just one of those things ya know? And the Riven Guide you have attached is one of the... not so positively rated guides.)

EDIT: My logic might be flawed but I don't see why you don't throw in the more detailed item lists while you're at it. You have it up for some but others it's just what you're aiming for in the end. Once again, not that big of a deal just a suggestion for consistency :X

EDIT EDIT: Maybe even throw in some General Guides (Jungle Routes and what-not... you know what I mean xD)

last2stand

09-24-2011

hi Seis,

General Guides is a REALLY good idea ! so good thats it will figure in the next patch (should be coming up monday). And for guides, the quality of build will not be a problem anymore cause as you can see on the update page, we will put custom build option (import/export) so you check yourself the quality of the guide.

Thanks for your time,
Last2stand (P)