Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Guides for every champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheWhite2086

09-19-2011

Downloading. Feedback for the patch coming soon
Edit: Feedback
I don't like how it stays on top even when I click another window. I have to minimize it manually, not sure if this is the app itself or just my comp being silly.
Nassus bug definitively fixed. I approve.
I have noticed that if you change menus it change where they are on screen (so if I click on ADcarry, then main menu, then AP Carry, then main again it is in a slightly different spot) but this very minor and should only be changed if it is very easy to do.
All champs option is fantastic. Much easier to find a specific champ in a hurry now. Categories are great for "hmm, I wanna look into a new jungler", all is great for "where the hell is my Teemo?"

All in all, very good patch for a very good program, the only major issue is the always on top one.

Extra idea. Would it be possible to get different guides for different champs since they can sometime fill multiple roles? EG could you have Lee Sin listed under both Jungle and Bruiser and have the Jungle one show the guide it is currently showing and the Bruiser one show his lane guide or would that require a major re-work?

KING Luche

09-20-2011

Hi again TheWhite,

We really appreciate all the ideas you are giving us, and keep in mind that we will do all we can to fix these "bugs" and add these new features. We have a low level of knowledge in programming, but we are constantly learning and will do all we can. (especially for the window and the multiple builds for the same champions)

Thank you again for your feedbacks, this is the best way to make the application a complete one.

Luche (LoG Beta)

SBSuperman

09-20-2011

Hey there!

I wasn't going to bother downloading this except I saw how you responded to every comment made about it and mentioned your desire to keep improving. So I used 2 minutes of my time to download it and give it a look over

Overall, I'm impressed by it. The categories are amazing, much less limited than other search functions that only have mage, tank, carry, and support. Also, while I don't think all the builds are the greatest (I only looked over a few characters that I play a lot so far), they are all a solid starting point for a quick reference. There are more times than I can count where I need to make a last minute change in lobby to a different character and want a quick refresher on what I usually build and in what order.

A few things you might be able to improve: When clicking on all the transitions from section to section, you need to click on the box that surrounds the words instead of including the words themselves. The boxes are plenty big, don't get me wrong, I was just confused at first why I couldn't link at first. Also, the arrangement of hero icons is.... unique.... I'm also a little ocd and would have made a plain boring top left to bottom right order with blank spaces on the bottom row right hand side. It makes the AP carry page look interesting with an offcenter gap, but the support page looks awesome your way and would look shrimpy as a two row list.

Lastly, I read quite a few guides on mobafire. On that site, if you hover over a picture (like a skill or a rune) it gives you a quick summary of what it is. Mostly for the runes, I know many of them by name now, but I wouldn't enjoy having to go to the wiki to look up what a certain rune does as opposed to having it all included which appears to be your goal.

I understand that is probably quite a bit of work for you guys, and I am barely a novice programmer myself. I really enjoy the distinction between 'core build' and 'final items' because it helps to show where the early emphasis is. I plan on looking around quite a bit more and checking back here about any future updates.

Good work

SB

Edit: I also noticed the window staying on top even when I would click a window below it. Not huge, but it would be nice if it would be gone. But the hovering info would be the best improvement in my opinion.

Edit2: It would also be cool if each champion page could load multiple guides in separate tabs of some sort mostly because some of the guides are less complete than some others (Yorick's details vs Alistar's lacking page). I'm sure that is even further in the future, but could be a HUGE boon for convenience.

last2stand

09-20-2011

Hello SBSuperman !

I'm very glad you finaly downloaded our app. We really appreciate your review, very good and deep comments :P We going to work hard on LOL Buddy so more ppl like you use it and comment. Talk about it to your friends and keep enjoying it your self !

Thanks for your time and nice ideas, stay tuned
Last2st4nd (P)

KING Luche

09-20-2011

Hello Superman,

We will definitely try to do just like on mobafire and other websites (when your mouse is over a rune or anything, it would write it's name and it's description), but keep it mind that it's a lot of work and we probably won't implement it this weekend. We will focus on other bug fixes this weekend.

LoG Beta (Luche)

Big Stoned Kitty

09-21-2011

Hey, downloaded this as per your recommendation in my Vayne thread.

It's pretty handy, especially considering how slow Leaguecraft sometimes decides to load (usually at peak playing time) or when it's down. The only thing that I'd really like to see is multiple guides for each champion--sort of like *** does with its in-game build recommendations (drop-down list w/ approval percentages). Not necessarily just different builds for different roles, but different builds in general, as quite often one build will work well for one person's playstyle and not be very complimentary for another. Plus it gives the option to mix-and-match different aspects of recommended builds.

Another nice feature would maybe be to add the option of adding your own builds, for those who have a solid build but forget what it was. And perhaps a tab or some other function that imports top builds from mobafire and leaguecraft? Neither of these are really necessary or top-priority kinds of things, just throwing some ideas out there. I noticed you said that the team has little programming experience, so I don't expect anything so advanced anytime soon. For now, it's still an incredibly resourceful application.

Anything else are just minor issues, e.g. the menu displacement.

All in all, I'd like to see this progress, as it seems very promising and is definitely a useful resource, especially for those who play a high number of champions and don't have the time/memory to memorize builds for every single champ. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

On a side note, why hasn't this received more replies? Not what I was expecting at all, considering how many players I meet in-game who have no idea how to build their champ and end up asking their team (who half the time also don't know how to build that champ).

EDIT: I also noticed that (at least on Leona) that while there is the full build, there isn't a progression of the item build. That is, starting items and what items to build first. Then again, knowing that these are highly situational, I'm not sure how you'd adjust the recommendations based on that the same way a full-length guide could (like changing your build according to what type of team your facing). Still, a basic overview of item progression would be helpful.

KING Luche

09-21-2011

Hi stoned kitty,

First of all, thank you very much for your feedback. These are pretty good ideas, but we will be focusing on doing the easiest one first, such as : multiple builds for the same champions, more detailed guides (some are fine, but some lack information as you said), items, runes, mastery .. description when you have your mouse over it. Then we will start doing the longer/challenging additions : be able to make your own build and save them, share them with other users and AT LAST be able to import builds directly from websites such as leaguecraft, solomid, mobafire ...

Thank you again and stay tuned for more updates coming soon.
LoG Beta (Luche)

KING Luche

09-21-2011

Quote:
Big Stoned Kitty:
Anything else are just minor issues, e.g. the menu displacement.

What do you mean by menu displacement ?

MopToshTosh

Recruiter

09-21-2011

Nice builds and 100% trusty.
Try it!

xSS4x

09-21-2011

Ok so about the custom build we can make, is there a way to send our build and add other ppls to the program as well?

Basically Import/Export options :P

But my main concern right now is that you cant seem to resize the window, one of my comp runs 2 4/3 screen at 1024*768 pixel so its a pita.