[Champion Suggestion] Silk, the Cursed Rag Doll

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nocturna

05-26-2010

Name: Silk, the Cursed Rag Doll

Appearance:
A humanoid and slightly feminine figure made of stitched together cloth of multiple colors and patterns.

Lore:
Born from cloth and misery, Silk has a sad history to claim her own. Silk's story started out as any Rag Doll, a lovingly crafted gift from a simple peasant mother to her child. As time passed, she like any other was constantly cared for and repaired with cloth scraps as they came. That is, until the day came where the mother and child were forced by poverty to try and seek a home in Noxus.

Hailing from the country and a simple farmlife, the mother and child did not last long in the cruel world that exists inside the walls of Noxus. The mother meet her end at the roaming plagues, while the child faced her doom at the hands of a cruel killer that lacked a name or fame. But Silk's story did not end there.

For the very man that ended the child life took her into his own, a trophy of his cold-blooded murder, and to track his future kills. For each kill, he would sew another patch of cloth, normally taken from his victims, onto Silks form. Soon, her once small and innocent form was bloated, roughly the size of human female, crafted with a sick, twisted, loving care from cloth and blood infused with the Misery and resentment of the dead.

From that point onwards, not much is known and Silk herself is tight-lipped on how she came to life, and the fate of the Murderer who crafted her. All that matters now is that she has come to the League, a goal in mind known only by her.

[Skills]

*Passive*

Evil Stitching: With every kill, Silk sews another patch on to her form and healing damage taken, while boosting Ability Power and reducing Cooldowns. Ability Power increases by 0.50% for Minion and creep Kills and 1.00% for Champion kills capping at +80 while Cooldowns are reduced by 0.10 seconds for minion kills and 0.20 seconds for champion kills capping at 4 seconds. Bonuses are lost on Death.

[Q] Misery Lash:
Silk launches a attack in a cone effect in front of her, dealing damage and applying a "Lingering Misery" Debuff to targets hit.

LVL1: One attack for 90 Dmg. Applies a "Lingering Misery" Debuff.

LVL2: One Attack 120 Dmg. Applies a "Lingering Misery" Debuff.

LVL3: Two attacks for 150 Dmg. Applies a "Lingering Misery" Debuff.

LVL4: Two attacks for 180 Dmg. Applies a "Lingering Misery" Debuff.

LVL5: Three attacks for 220 Dmg. Applies a 'Lingering Misery" Debuff.

[W] Rage Undone:
Silk's form comes undone as hundreds of threads burst from her body and attack all nearby enemies in a radius around her. After the attack, damaged enemies are effected by a "Lingering Rage" debuff while Silk gains increased movement speed and reduced durations of slows, stuns, snares, etc.

LVL1: Deals 100 damage, while Silk gains 10% Movement speed, and Crowd Control Skills/effects are only 75% effective for 2 seconds while applying a "Lingering Rage" Debuff.

LVL2: Deals 140 damage while Silk gains 10% movement speed, and Crowd Control Skills/effects are only 75% effective for 2 seconds while applying a "Lingering Rage" Debuff.

LVL3: Deals 180 damage while Silk gains 15% movement speed and Crowd Control skills/effects are only 65% effective for 4 seconds while applying a "Lingering Rage" Debuff.

LVL4: Deals 220 damage while Silk gains 15% movement speed and Crowd Control effects/skills are only 65% effective for 4 seconds while applying a "Lingering Rage" Debuff.

LVL5: Deals 260 Damage while Silk gains 20% movement speed and Crowd Control effects/skills are only 55% effective for 6 seconds while applying a "Lingering Rage" Debuff.

[E]
Hateful Presence: Passive: Silk has increased Mana regeneration and Magic Penetration.

Active: Strikes all nearby enemies with a blast of pure Hatred, dealing a small amount of Damage to nearby enemies with a "Lingering" Debuff and applying a "Lingering Hate" Debuff.

LVL1: Silk regenerates 4 Additional mana per 5 seconds and Spells penetrate 10% of the enemies magic resist. Active skill deals 90 damage to enemies that have a Lingering Debuff and applies a "Lingering Hate" Debuff.

LVL2: Silk regenerates 6 Additional mana per 5 seconds and spells penetrate 10% of the enemies magic resist. Active skill deals 100 Damage to enemies that have the Lingering Debuff and applies a "Lingering Hate" debuff.

LVL3:
Silk regenerates 8 Additional mana per 5 seconds and spells penetrate 15% of the enemies magic resist. Active skill deals 110Damage to enemies that have the Lingering Debuff and applies a "Lingering Hate" debuff.

LVL4:
Silk regenerates 10 Additional mana per 5 seconds and spells penetrate 15% of the enemies magic resist. Active skill deals 120 Damage to enemies that have the Lingering Debuff and applies a "Lingering Hate" debuff.

LVL5: Silk
regenerates 12 Additional mana per 5 seconds and spells penetrate 20% of the enemies magic resist. Active skill deals 130 Damage to enemies that have the Lingering Debuff and applies a "Lingering Hate" debuff.

[R]
Pins and Needles: After a short channel, Silk showers the area around her with a rain of magic pins and needles. Enemies hit take damage and have any "Lingering" Debuffs triggered into a active effect depending on the Debuff.

LVL1: Deals 100 damage to the area around Silk and triggers any "Lingering" Debuffs on enemy characters in the effect area.

LVL2: Deals 130 damage to the area around Silk and triggers any "Lingering" Debuffs on enemy characters in the effect area.

LVL3: Deals 160 damage to the area around Silk and triggers any "Lingering" Debuffs on enemy characters in the effect area.

Lingering Debuffs:

Lingering Misery: For each Lingering Misery Debuff stacking up to three, triggers into a silence effect for 2/3/4 seconds and reduces Magic Resist and Armor by 20%/30%/40%. Attacks made after the application increase the number of stacks up to three.

Lingering Rage: For each Lingering rage Debuff up to three stacks, triggers into a Slow effect reducing movement speed and attack by 15%/25%/35% for four seconds. Attacks made after the application increase the number of stacks up to three.

Lingering Hatred: For each Lingering Hatred debuff stacking up to three times, triggers into a healing reduction debuff reducing healing and regeneration by 35%/45%/55% and a poison effect that deals damage over time equal to 3% of Silks combined Health and Mana rounded down for 4/8/12 Seconds. Attacks made after the application increase the number of stacks up to three.

Lingering Debuffs last for 10 Seconds before fading from the target if not triggered or increased.

Creators notes

*Third Edition*

Ok. Here is V3 of Silk. Changed some things, Changed some Numbers after some crunching, and retooled alot of her skills.

Now, Silk is a aggressive hybrid of a Battle Support Caster and maybe DPS. She functions much in the way of blitzing her targets with spell combos and normal attacks, off setting her partner character and dealing Damage in quick bursts.

Her Passive has been changed to suit her more, and have more Synergy with her actual skills. Blitzing through minions quickly allows you to make her spells more effective in the long wrong, and the passive of her E skill means that even through they might not pack as much punch as the other Nukes, you get as much bang for your buck as possible while letting you continue to pull off rapid Combos.

Her Q has been retooled, and instead of applying multiple Stacks applies only one stack that charges as you attack the afflicted character. The attack itself is much like Pantheon's, a series of quick attacks one after another.

This makes the Q Skill much more valuable, as you can blitz and use this to keep up the charges on your Debuffs till its time to pop the Ulti.

Her W skill is her escape skill and a good way to finish a close-quarter fight before retreating. As a supporting battle caster, there is always a chance that she is going to be caught in the middle of a fight and need to get away and into a position that she can fight back and her other skills are at their best. Otherwise, its a great way to just run from a battle. Triggering gives you the speed boost regardless if you damage someone and reduces the effectiveness of CC. On the other hand, its good for also engaging a enemy. Running close and triggering can deal a bit of damage, and apply the Lingering Hate Debuff.

Her E skill is much like Twitches Expunge now. While low Damage, its power lies in the fact it can level up the charges on your Debuffs and apply the final debuff at the same time. With decent CoolDown reduction, its possible to sustain your Debuffs till you can trigger them successfully.

Finally, her Ultimate. Retooled to be more like Nunu's, Karthus, or Fiddles skills, its a short Channel before it does a burst of low Damage and causes Debuff mayhem all around. The range is long, so you can actually run into a team fight, apply your debuffs, and trigger then from a safe distance. While the others skills can kill a entire other team by sheer damage, this cripples them totally if allowed to happen.

A decent team up would be Silk and any High Dps character. The ability for Silk to apply her Debuffs and the DPS to charge them up to 3 would be very good. Trist would be a awesome team up with Silk.

Over all, I hope you like this. Critique is welcome and wanted, and balancing Suggestions as well.

TheEtherealOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2010

Very interesting idea. I like it, kinda makes me think of Amumu with all the misery stuff, but nonetheless I like it, number applications could help as well.

Gypsy

05-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivinarus View Post
I like it, kinda makes me think of Amumu with all the misery stuff.
maybe Amumus long lost servant/wife/ doll buried with him? cool little back story bit

like it apart from that, and when she does the exploding thing, maybe she loses her body, making her go unattackable for 2 seconds, this qould be a good escape mechansim for her

so like uses her exploding thing, body explodes, she is a blue smokey spirit for the next 2 seconds before her bodies reassembles on her. not necessarily the body that exploded but a body that builds up from her feet upwards. that would be a sick way for a bit mor escape for a character who in LoL, a game which is all about jumps and flashes, can be a bit more liked.

Nocturna

05-27-2010

[QUOTE=so like uses her exploding thing, body explodes, she is a blue smokey spirit for the next 2 seconds before her bodies reassembles on her. not necessarily the body that exploded but a body that builds up from her feet upwards. that would be a sick way for a bit mor escape for a character who in LoL, a game which is all about jumps and flashes, can be a bit more liked.[/QUOTE]

That is actually a good idea. I wanted W to be her Escape skill, with Damage and a slow to discourage enemies from chasing her too closely. But this works pretty well. I will edit it in.

Also, I can see what you mean. I will add Numerical for Damage and duration.

Chimera Killer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2010

try using the close to standardized lvl1/lvl2/lvl3/lvl4/lvl5 format instead of listing each level out it might reduce some of the suggestion's size.

P.S. please check out my champion suggestion (type jigoku in the search box). it should be the second suggestion

Corision

05-29-2010

Woah, I had a hero almost exactly like this, Stitches the Mindless Puppet.

Similar skills and everything too lol.

JoeRoberts

05-30-2010

Whoa, debuffs galore!

There's so much good about this hero and quite a bit that uses some improvement. Let's see what the good doctor has to say...

TLDR: Great backstory. Creative passive with no synergy. All Debuffs need to be Lingering Debuffs and her R needs to be the single ability which activates all of them nearby at the same time to cause sweet, sweet Debuff Chaos.

First, the backstory is genius. Sir, you are an author extraordinare. The flavor between the story and the abilities is nothing short of beautiful and likely better than most heroes out there already. It doesn't necessarily fit with the world other than giving it a brief nod, but it's better that way. Katarina still doesn't know who Garen is (Garen <3 Kat 4ever, squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... okay, I'm done)

As for her actives, I would recommend one thing: All debuffs granted by Silk fall into the same category. Right now it feels like there's too much weirdness going on. Two of her abilities grant Lingering Debuffs and the others just grant other and more weird debuffs. It's inconsistent. I would alter the W to add another Lingering Debuff, the E to add another Lingering Debuff, and the R to trigger them all in a chaotic debuff storm. This means she doesn't deal a whole lot of damage, though she has a respectable burst, but instead throws crazy debuffs around and, if she survives long enough, triggers them all at once to conditionally disable an entire team. Synergy Synergy Synergy. Unfortunately, this synergy doesn't fit with her passive at all.

Passive: Life Stitching
I like the concept. Every kill increases Silk's attack and ability power and the bonuses are lost on death. The normal rate of increase for these is 10/1 creep/minion kills, a pattern upheld by Warmoggs (but not by Bloodthirster). I can see a case being made against it, but I would argue that the numbers should be skewed towards 0.4 attack/0.5ability per minion and 4 attack / 5 ability per champion. But these are numbers issues and unimportant in the great picture. Suffice it to say that it's a creative passive and a good flavor for it. Maybe her color changes over time? The problem is that it doesn't fit with the rest of her abilities, all of which are focused on debuffs rather than damage. Perhaps her cooldowns are reduced or something similarly creative?

Q: Dread Lash
Let me see if I can understand this: Silk hits the targets in front of her with a number of waves of damage, similar to Pantheon, and each wave creates a random “Lingering Debuff” on the target hit. Lingering debuffs come in three flavors and can stack up to 3 times. A Lingering Debuff, by itself, does nothing, but her E can activate the ability to severely disable the target in one of three ways.

I would alter this ability several ways. This is all my own thing and I may be severely changing the character from now on. Sorry, I'm just messing around.

• First, I would make the lingering debuff effect occur in a cycle rather than random. First Misery, then Rage, then Hatred. This takes the form of a buff on Silk which alternates whenever she affects a champion with a lingering debuff.
  • Misery: If I'm reading this correctly, it seems like someone with three stacks of Misery would be silenced for 12 seconds. I'm sure I'm not, so I assume that three stacks triggers the maximum 4 seconds. Phew. I like Misery. I would alter this to Armor too, so it is Silence and Easier To Kill.
  • Rage: I disagree with percentage armor decreases as being conditional and generally pointless. Besides which, a 15% armor reduction only does anything at all against someone who too much armor to care about a 15% reduction. I would alter this to remove the armor debuff (moved to Misery) and instead reduce both movement and attack speeds.
  • Hatred: If Silk has as much health as the enemy, a 12 second DOT for 8% of her health and mana would kill everything. Ever. I agree with the flavor, I really like it, and I even agree with the damage being a combination of her health and mana, but the numbers need to be fixed. Hatred is healing debuff and crippling dots.
  • I would like to take this moment to say I know I've been working with the max numbers and that it's unlikely to get 3 Lingering Debuffs of the same type on a single hero.

W: Horrid Sewing
This feels like Kennen's lighting form which adds a debuff. I like it. As mentioned above, I would change this to add a Lingering Debuff rather than a slow, and I would also alter this to act like Mundo's CC reduction.

E: Haunting Emotion
Increases mana regeneration by a percentage (I would make this a base amount, like 4/6/8/10/12 per 5) and cooldowns by a flat amount (needs to be a percentage, something like 4/8/12/16/20%). Active is supposed to trigger the Lingering Debuffs, but I really have to disagree and say this should instead add another Lingering Debuff alongside the damage. Why not go for broke and say it adds one lingering debuff of each of the three types to a single target?

R: Pins and Needles
Sweet sweet chaos.
Activating Pins and Needles deals 70/100/130 damage to each nearby target per lingering debuff and activates all Lingering Debuffs to their active effects. Pins and Needles has Very Long Range, similar to Twitch's Expunge in many ways.

Nocturna

05-30-2010

Wow. You made some very good points there.

I have actually been considering her Passive, it really did not fit but it is the first one I came up with.

As for her skills, you have made very, very good observations and I am happy you have. I asked for people to Critique me, and that's what you did so now I can improve Silk.

With this, I am now going to make V3 of Silk, with the retooled Skills and re-crunch the numbers for them.

Nocturna

06-07-2010

Sigh.

*Bump*