Rioter abusing power in game?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

D3matt

09-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Corvus View Post
It really confuses me why there's an option to report a player for foul language when Riot chooses not to implement a chat filter in game.

Doesn't make a lot of sense.
Having an option to report for foul language would make even less sense if there was a chat filter.

That said, it's not for swearing, it's for Harassment involving swearing.

RitualFamine

09-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeppp View Post
Playing a game with my friends. Somebody on my team cursed, then someone on the other team said "you can get banned for cursing its against summoners code." So i responded "no you cant." That is all i said.
Imma call bull**** on just about that entire thing.

Cowisaki

09-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant Corvus View Post
It really confuses me why there's an option to report a player for foul language when Riot chooses not to implement a chat filter in game.

Doesn't make a lot of sense.
There IS a chat filter. Which you can turn off if you wish.

Princess Jutsy

09-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by colloquial View Post
It is extremely likely that you are only telling one side of the story. Threads like this pop up from time to time, and they usually end with Riot coming in with screenshots/chat logs of serious verbal abuse.

But either way you shouldn't post about this on the forums. Open up a support ticket. There is always a chance that what you said is true, and a Riot employee is abusing power. Riot always closely investigates these cases.

An accusation like this has only ever been true once, and the Riot employee in question was fired within 2 days.
I can assure you nothing was said to warrant even an hour ban. I said the F word, then apologized. This was an abuse of power. Only one of our guys was running LoLreplay at the time. After he runs it I'll post screenshots.

Lonnieep

09-11-2011

Still waiting for red post.

DONGLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2011

Need red post and/or word cloud depending on whether this is legit or not.

CTr1gga

09-11-2011

I dont feel like waiting a week to get a response by email. But my other two friends did send emails. I dont need any proof that he was a rioter other than we were susepended in about a 15 minute window. This should be brought to the community cause this is ridiculous. There have been times when i might have deserved a suspension, but this was just outrageous. I wouldve admited to doing something suspend worthy.

Trippyz, Boomykins, Sabent, Amirxl, Nicolioliolio. those were the 5 names of the other team. Trippyz was the one threatening to suspend my account.

einx

09-11-2011

i was in the game too and red post said to "read forums more" because cursing was now a bannable offense in the summoners code, which is a stretch unless im missing something

ObscureClockwork

09-11-2011

i would like to see how this plays out, its quite bad if that is happening

Patchness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2011

Let's see it then.