Rioter abusing power in game?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PureWaterishere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-11-2011

there's alot of people that know a rioter, and don't get banned because they are personal friends of the rioter, good luck i hope someone solves your case

Jokingly

09-11-2011

Um, no. Abuse of power? Really?

Orwell called, he thinks you're overreacting.

FrostRevenant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by colloquial View Post
It is extremely likely that you are only telling one side of the story. Threads like this pop up from time to time, and they usually end with Riot coming in with screenshots/chat logs of serious verbal abuse.

But either way you shouldn't post about this on the forums. Open up a support ticket. There is always a chance that what you said is true, and a Riot employee is abusing power. Riot always closely investigates these cases.

An accusation like this has only ever been true once, and the Riot employee in question was fired within 2 days.
this

Lonnieep

09-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by colloquial View Post
It is extremely likely that you are only telling one side of the story. Threads like this pop up from time to time, and they usually end with Riot coming in with screenshots/chat logs of serious verbal abuse.

But either way you shouldn't post about this on the forums. Open up a support ticket. There is always a chance that what you said is true, and a Riot employee is abusing power. Riot always closely investigates these cases.

An accusation like this has only ever been true once, and the Riot employee in question was fired within 2 days.
I disagree. Issues like this should be brought to light, as adequate compensation only seems to occur when in front of a live audience.

Lazarus Sol

09-11-2011

So I was playing a game and a guy used the F word so I told him to watch his language and he apologized. Then one of his teammates said he wouldnt get banned coz of that so I told my rioter dad to bann them and he did.

Sincere Service

09-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokingly View Post
Um, no. Abuse of power? Really?

Orwell called, he thinks you're overreacting.
haha Orwell?

what is this, the gilded age?

Cowisaki

09-11-2011

I was in the game, I was fairly banned in the game, but the issue is yeppp didn't deserve the ban. I did, not him.

einx

09-11-2011

Isnt the tribunal supposed to take care of this?????
shouldnt the rioter have put that straight into the tribunal for it to be voted on?

Valiant Corvus

09-11-2011

It really confuses me why there's an option to report a player for foul language when Riot chooses not to implement a chat filter in game.

Doesn't make a lot of sense.

GStar RAW

09-11-2011

bump