Rioter abusing power in game?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C Tr1gga

09-11-2011

Playing a game with my friends. Somebody on my team cursed, then someone on the other team said "you can get banned for cursing its against summoners code." So i responded "no you cant." That is all i said. About 5min later a malphite named "Trippyz" was talking about how he is going to get my account suspended and i laughed thinking i cant get suspended without saying anything and just said go ahead i havent done anything. As the game ended, which we dominated them in, i already had a message that logged out my account changrs were being made to my account along with 2 other friends. Then we tried to log in to find out that us three were suspended.

That has to be a Rioter abusing power because we were suspended instantly after the game ended. I bet we were even suspended before the game ended because the game didnt last long at all. No way it happens that quickly on a regular basis. I can understand one of my friends getting suspended for what he said, which he apologized for, but it is blatantly someone being mad that we were dominating them that hard.

I wouldnt be making this thread if i knew i deserved to get suspended for what i said, but i didnt say anything so it shouldnt have happened. A Rioter should not be able to abuse power like that just out of spite. I would like a response/explanation as to why this happened.

(I also posted this in Help & Support)

(Edit)

Other peoples names on the other team: Trippyz
Boomykins
Sabent
Amirxl
Nicolioliolio
We have found the rioters name to be "Nicolioliolio" that was in our game.

Also, the person threatening to ban us was Trippyz (the non-Rioter). So Nicolioliolio must have been telling them she was going to suspend us in team chat. So whether or not we have screenshots or not. Nicolioliolio herself didnt threaten us in "All" chat. It was Trippyz and Boomykins saying the comments about us being banned in "All" chat.

Here is a screenshot that im actually suspended, im not trolling for no reason.....
http://i.imgur.com/5nqOQ.jpg
another friend suspension
http://i.imgur.com/I49nx.jpg

The more and more i sit here i see how it just couldve been a misunderstanding. She saw 2 of my friends cursing and saw me respond to someone saying i was banned and immediately thought i was also cursing too so banned 3 of us. Either way i would still like an explanation from Riot as to what happened.

[URL2="http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1219447&page=142"]Riot Games Reply[/URL2]

Lonnieep

09-11-2011

Bump because I want to see how this plays out once a red is involved and looks at the game this guy played.

Jutsy

09-11-2011

I was the one who swore. I said the "F" word, once. Someone on the other side said to I should watch my language. I responded "Sorry, I got 'cited." That was the limit of my involvement in anything. I had assumed all the exchanges we made in chat were playful, but apparently not.

This feels like a complete abuse of power on these rioters parts.

Trippyz
boomykins

Both of them mentions things concerning us getting banned. Stuff like "Enjoy your ban."

sabent
amirxl
nicolioliolio

The 3 others on the opposing team.

SolCrimzen

09-11-2011

who was the rioter/any picture proof

edit: there was a case like this earlier, a rioter perma banned someone during a stream out of spite and got fired

einx

09-11-2011

This really isn't right

colloquial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

09-11-2011

It is always possible that you are only telling one side of the story. Threads like this pop up from time to time, and they usually end with Riot coming in with screenshots/chat logs of serious verbal abuse.

But either way you shouldn't post about this on the forums. Open up a support ticket. There is always a chance that what you said is true, and a Riot employee is abusing power. Riot always closely investigates these cases.

An accusation like this has only ever been true once, and the Riot employee in question was fired within 2 days.

Edit - To clarify further, the main problem with posting this on the forums is that right now there is absolutely no evidence. All this is are people claiming that Riot is doing something unfairly. Bringing this to the forums doesn't accomplish anything because it is nothing but hearsay. There is no lolreplay, or screenshots. There is absolutely nothing anyone in the community can do to validate or invalidate what is said here.

Sending in a support ticket will guarantee resolution and would stop a lot of possibly premature and unfounded rage from the community. Not saying it is for sure unfounded, because it is entirely possible the OP is being completely truthful, but we have no way of knowing.

DukeRich

09-11-2011

The run-ons... they pain me.

Chorus

09-11-2011

You can get banned for typing the F word? Isn't that what the f@$king chat filter is for?

Colonel J

09-11-2011

You'd think that the RIoter, if this is one, would use that handy dandy ignore feature.

Sol Badguy

09-11-2011

On the one hand, I'd bet my ass that you've all got very colorful account histories and that Riot's TOS covers this.

On the other hand I sort of hope someone posts in here to confirm that. Conflicted.