Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A strategy guide to strategy and teamwork.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bradles

10-25-2012

Word of pure awsomeness just got read

sambobsam

10-25-2012

you have a good writing skill regardless of what topic, it was just an all around good read where can i find more of your stuff?

Etherimp

10-26-2012

Quote:
sambobsam:
you have a good writing skill regardless of what topic, it was just an all around good read where can i find more of your stuff?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2466813

sambobsam

10-26-2012

Quote:
Etherimp:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2466813

i love it! got more?

Hughes De Payens

10-26-2012

Excellent guide.

Hirumonogatari

10-26-2012

Quote:
Etherimp:

- Hardware/software. All players should have quality hardware and software. If they cannot consistantly get a good ping, or if they have constant FPS problems, or their computer constantly crashes or reboots, you are essentially left in a 5v4 situation, or are otherwise at a large disadvantage. When it comes to competative play this is simply unacceptable. If players do not have quality hardware/software, they simply cannot be a part of your starting roster; otherwise they will hold your entire team back.

i guess that means that playing from oceania, i should give up every thought of being remotely competitive, because the ping and connection stability issues will never be solved?

Etherimp

10-26-2012

Quote:
CSZHUNG:
i guess that means that playing from oceania, i should give up every thought of being remotely competitive, because the ping and connection stability issues will never be solved?

Some people can learn to play well with high ping, but playing with an unstable connection or unreliable computer is another issue.

Major tourneys are held on LAN, so if you could get on a team which accepts your ping, play well despite your ping, and play well in LAN Tournaments, then it's feasible that you could be competitive some day. But it's definitely not optimal.

Etherimp

10-26-2012

Quote:
sambobsam:
i love it! got more?

Not off the top of my head, unless you want to read about Age of Empires 3, or other games.

You could check out my Youtube channel if you like if you want some videos instead.

http://www.youtube.com/aetherimp

Hirumonogatari

10-27-2012

Quote:
Etherimp:
Some people can learn to play well with high ping, but playing with an unstable connection or unreliable computer is another issue.

Major tourneys are held on LAN, so if you could get on a team which accepts your ping, play well despite your ping, and play well in LAN Tournaments, then it's feasible that you could be competitive some day. But it's definitely not optimal.

it's not the computer problem, my computer is perfectly fine, it's the physics of it because the packets of information have to travel halfway around the globe since the servers are in the US.

i understand that the major tourneys are held in LAN, but it's pretty impractical to play to that level is it not?

i have learnt to adapt somewhat, but against some champs with skillshots it is still quite impossible unless the opponent is really obvious. blitz's grab is the most obvious example. some other examples (in lane) would be malz's and ahri's harasses. and of course the problem is also apparent when we bring in combo-reliant champs like kat or leblanc.

Etherimp

10-27-2012

Quote:
CSZHUNG:
it's not the computer problem, my computer is perfectly fine, it's the physics of it because the packets of information have to travel halfway around the globe since the servers are in the US.

i understand that the major tourneys are held in LAN, but it's pretty impractical to play to that level is it not?

i have learnt to adapt somewhat, but against some champs with skillshots it is still quite impossible unless the opponent is really obvious. blitz's grab is the most obvious example. some other examples (in lane) would be malz's and ahri's harasses. and of course the problem is also apparent when we bring in combo-reliant champs like kat or leblanc.

Yeah, I understand. I have an account on EU West. Unfortunately that is going to make it difficult to compete at higher levels.