Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PeiYote

09-16-2009

I'm having real issues with Twisted Fate with his current stats.

I've noticed two HUGE problems:

1. Pick a card

2. Destiny

Now my problem with pick a card is that for the entire game, especially early game this skill can completely imobilize any character, easily kill creeps with the splash damage, do insane damage with the 1:1 ap ratio AND slow targets for easy kills. This is easily the most powerful skill in the game standing side by side with Destiny. With Twisted Fate on the opposite team, in my lane I am completely useless. There is no way you can attack and kill Twisted fate by yourself and is difficult with two people. The pick a card skill can easily stun lock a character until death because you can doing 1/3rd of a characters health in damage every third hit or so.

I'm not sure if it's just bugged currently but with Ryze, popping out of the grass by casting my disable skill, Twisted Fate can just use pick a card and stop me in my tracks and kill me without me being able to cast a single spell.

The problem with Destiny is it has three aspects that, while separate, don't make it overpowered but, when combined make it rediculious:

1. Sight: This reveals the location of the opposite team.
2. Slow: A very powerful slow.
3. Global: Effects everybody on the opposite team no matter where they are on the map.

I have a firm belief that if this skill had two of these three aspects it would still be a powerful ult but no longer overpowered.

I would like to know other peoples thoughts on this. I have played LoL a lot since I joined the beta and feel like I have a pretty good grasp on it. If anybody feels the same way I do please post why.

Thank you,

PeiYote

ChoppazAndDakka

09-16-2009

Twisted Fate has the defenses of wet paper. Unless they get Warmogs or something he died really fast to focus fire. Get a stun on him (not a snare) and he's toast.

Zeyk

09-16-2009

Destiny is half of what makes Twisted Fate actually good. He's an opportunity ganker - if you're weak and alone, he'll find you and you're dead. In exchange he just flat out sucks in a direct fight, he's seriously terrible unless he drastically outfarms his enemies(doubly so if he stacks AP instead of physical). And I'm sorry but calling Pick a Card the most powerful ability in the game is a bit of a joke. It's a small damage boost with an occasional small snare/stun. And no, it does not stack with AP.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

09-16-2009

TF OP?

Deja vu 6 weeks ago.

Jeez.

ChoppazAndDakka

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeyk View Post
Destiny is half of what makes Twisted Fate actually good. He's an opportunity ganker - if you're weak and alone, he'll find you and you're dead. In exchange he just flat out sucks in a direct fight, he's seriously terrible unless he drastically outfarms his enemies(doubly so if he stacks AP instead of physical). And I'm sorry but calling Pick a Card the most powerful ability in the game is a bit of a joke. It's a small damage boost with an occasional small snare/stun. And no, it does not stack with AP.
To be fair, if one exploits Pick a Card it can be ridiculous, but outside that I agree. It's good but not overpowered.

PeiYote

09-16-2009

I can understand everyone's thinking that he's not overpowered because HE doesn't get any kills for using his ult, but his entire team can easily gather 10 to 20 kills a game because of it. You really don't think that's overpowered?

Also, ChoppazAndDakka agrees with the stun lock aspect. You state that it is ridiculous if exploited but then you say it's not overpowered? That's an oxymoron. Every TF I come up against exploits it. How is it not overpowered?

PeiYote

09-16-2009

I guess my main point with Destiny is that it shouldn't give his entire team sight, just him.

ChoppazAndDakka

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeiYote View Post
I guess my main point with Destiny is that it shouldn't give his entire team sight, just him.
Why? It's part of the strength of the ult, and would really hurt it. It's great team support, and far from overpowered. Just be careful out going too far out alone when they have TF on their team.

Elmentar

09-16-2009

I like my cardy as is. =[ And it's true, he folds like paper underfire.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2009

Cardmaster dosen't fight other carries well. Argue with me if you want, but that's his biggest weakness.