Amumu the Sad Mummy's Happy Jungle Friend Time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BesQ

02-26-2010

Sucker guide! No sunfire! Lv bandage toss early.

Orcao

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythologick View Post
You do realize you can't actually do that defensive mastery build right? 3 in hardiness and 3 in resistance is only 6...you can't make it to defensive mastery unless you put 2 in evasion or strength of spirit.

Unless I am HORRIBLY mistaken...
He says that those are the essentials, you'll also notice that you can't get Tenacity with 16 points... Throw 2 points in Evasion or Strength of Spirit to fill in the requirement (not sure which would work better) for defensive mastery...

For those having trouble with the golem, try getting despair at level 1, and make sure you at least have the masterys he pointed out. My summoner level is only 10 and I can get the golem down to like <100 hp before dying, without proper runes. Once I'm a higher summoner level I'll have to give this guide another shot, until then I don't think I can jungle right away... I'd at least need a point or 2 more in Harden Skin.

Morrowlife

05-14-2010

I think it was already stated, but another tip for getting the golem early is getting Doran's Shield and an HP Potion instead of the pendant. Pendant helps, but if you get Doran's you leave golem with about 120-160 HP left, then you pop the potion and wait a little. If you by chance don't have golem minions next to you and have wolves instead, sometimes you don't even need to pop the potion.

Hope that helps!

Dessim8

05-14-2010

Smite without improved smite? I can't understand that, you can smite more and get more cash. Why not do so?

ThereWreck

05-16-2010

With the recent nerf to tantrum, would level 1 golem still be doable?

jedidioh

05-16-2010

i easily jungle amumu with my mana regen page

Vijaya

05-16-2010

Care to go into how, jedidioh? I'm running magic pen/mana regen/CDR and health quints, with a defensive speced mastery, with one point in the improved smite and eight in utility. I can kill the golem, but I don't have enough life regen to really stay in the jungle after that.

I've tried starting with Doran's Shield and a pot, a Regrowth Pendant, and a Regrowth Pendant then sitting in base for 10 extra gold for a pot. I've also tried running despair and tantrum first. None of these combos seem to help me stay in jungle for longer than two-three levels.

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm mainly using smite/heal as my summoner spells. I also have other runes, but I don't want to sacrifice my late-game effectiveness to be able to jungle, so I'm trying to avoid armor pen and health regen. The build I mentioned above is simply the best set-up I could find.

CookieMonsterPwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2010

I'm also having trouble jungling early. As a fairly new player I decided to save my cash for later runes and as a result, have none. I agree with killing golem first (anything else would be a waste) but even with smite/heal im gettign him to about 30% health before the humiliation, while spamming tantrum (which i do believe will still do more damage than dispair because of the quicker cd you get from golem creeps). I have only about 10 masteries and they are all on armor/health defense. I've tried pendant, and will soon try shield/pots but i dont expcet much improvement. Any help for this rookie?

EDIT (killed golem): Nevermind!! did the calculations and found that despair actually did SIGNIFICANTLY more damage than tantrum dude to the high hp of the golem. With 10 masteris total in defense (armor and creep damage reduction), no runes, a shield and a single pot i killed golem wand both creeps with 2 bars of hp remaining (without using heal spell). I used a single health pot, though in hindsight, i should have used heal because i could then save the health pot for laning while heal recharged (1 mastery in heal cd). I will now experiment again to figure out how many masteries i can remove from armor/creed blocking until i can no longer kill golem

Bottom line: use despair on golem w/smite

Yellow Jester

06-27-2010

Despair is WAY better to solo the golem. It does like 3 times as much damage as tantrum. Also I go with Cloth Armor + 5 potions. It builds into ninja tabi, which helps you jungle, and is cheaper, and speeds you along to your sunfires.

the pattern I'm seeing is Tabi-Banshee Veil-Win. Sunfires allow me to tank turrets, and i usually grab the armor first. some very rare occasions I will build more than 100 magic resistance, in which case I get void staff after banshee veil.

Otherwise I like the guide, I've been destroying face with amumu all day.

Smileyha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

07-14-2010

thanks for sharing