Amumu the Sad Mummy's Happy Jungle Friend Time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vicious209

11-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorChipHazzard View Post
Any tips on jungling with Amumu?

Currently i'm using a full page of tier 3 armor ruens and if I go regrowth pendant and don't score a crit I die to the golem. So instead I've been starting with cloth armor and 5 health potions. This seems to work okay, but I have troubles killing any neutral camps after the golem without having to go back to base.

Any tips?
I haven't had any success with regrowth pendant. but when i go dorans shield + a health potion i can take golems right away @ lv1 with flash/smite

Hraklea

11-29-2009

I have found some ways to kill the golem at the beginning, but how am I supposed to keep jungling constantly without a decent HP regen? (Doran's Shield isn't enough to jungle fast). Or I'm doing something really wrong, or jungling as Amumu isn't as good as jungling with Warwick or Fiddle.

Gandalf 007

11-29-2009

Taking some MR cranks down the damage from stacked sunfire capes.

Seems like a very short-sighted strategy.

GingerGiant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
I have found some ways to kill the golem at the beginning, but how am I supposed to keep jungling constantly without a decent HP regen? (Doran's Shield isn't enough to jungle fast). Or I'm doing something really wrong, or jungling as Amumu isn't as good as jungling with Warwick or Fiddle.
For everyone who is having trouble jungling consistently, I am here outlining a guaranteed method for defeating the golem by yourself, without aid.

Put your mastery points in defense, and make sure to fill up the masteries that reduce the damage you take by actual points. There are two masteries you need to get.

2. Armor runes! T3, preferably. Armor damage reduction is applied before point damage reduction. Without armor and point reduction, you will not survive. It's not the Golem that hurts you most, it's the Small Lizards.

3. Despair first! It deals more damage per second to the golem than Tantrum, and will last long enough to kill the Golem, and the Small Lizards. Plus, you'll get all your mana back from the buff anyways.

4. Smite! Know it does 455 damage at level 1, and the Golem has no Magic Resistance. Use it to Last Hit the Golem. When its health drops below 455, Smite it. As an added bonus, Smite can help you steal buffs from other junglers.

5. Regrowth Pendant! If you've done steps 1-4, then you can successfully solo the Golem with a Regrowth Pendant. If you don't get the Regrowth Pendant, life will be difficult later.

Misc.
- Make sure you stand really close to the golem. Amumu has to be just closer to the Golem than he can physically attack, or Despair won't affect it.
- A % EXP booster rune will get you to level 2 from the Golem and Lizards. Without it, you'll just miss level 2. Before I got the EXP rune, I'd run out to mid lane for a single minion kill to push me to level 2.
- I have 28 bonus armor from my runes. You'll need a lot, so you can replace Heal with a different Summoner Spell.
- Be wary of surprise ganks. If the other team decides to go after the Dragon, they'll kill your side's Golem first.

After you have killed the Golem
, and picked Tantrum for your second ability, you can...
...safely kill a wolf spawn with 2 bars of health, spamming Tantrum.
...safely kill a ghost spawn with 3 bars of health, spamming Tantrum (Despair is optional).
...safely kill a twin golem spawn with 2-3 bars of health; turn on Despair, attack one, Tantrum, Smite (and kill) a golem, and attack/Despair the other golem down. The trick is killing one golem VERY QUICKLY.

YOU CAN KILL THE BIG LIZARD
with the Golem buff, spamming Tantrum, Despair on, and a single Smite. You need around 3/4ths-full health. Be careful!

Another piece of advice: Hold onto your Regrowth Pendant until you have assembled your first Sunfire Cape, then sell it for boots.

- - -

@Gandalf 007

It's my experience that a lot of MR items are not as easily incorporated into a build as Armor items. Amumu's attacks eat away MR as well, and Abyssal Scepter can alleviate damage reduction. 2-3 sunfires can get the job done, but any more is overkill.

Xetal

12-02-2009

I don't understand the zero MR build. It seems to me that having a mix of MR and Armor would provide a lot better survivability than Armor alone from the Sunfires.

An Abyssal Scepter will give you a very strong reduction from magic damage as well as increasing the damage of all your abilities significantly and helping your team in 5v5 fights.

If that isn't your cup of tea, a Banshee's Veil will provide the same health as a 2nd/3rd Sunfire Cloak but will also do a better job getting you in position to initiate as well as providing a big chunk of MR.

Instead of:

Sunfire Cape (the regrowth pendant WAS here)
Sorcerer's Boots
Rod of Ages
Sunfire Cape
Sunfire Cape

why not go:

Sunfire Cape
Sorcerer's Boots
Rod of Ages
Abyssal Scepter -or- Banshee's Veil
Sunfire Cloak

If you still have cash after this, you can pickup a Guardian Angel or Warmogs if you are the one diving in to initiate. If there is a second tank that is picking up that role, you can pick up an Abyssal if you picked up a Banshee earlier or you could have arranged earlier to be the Aegis for your team.

The -20MR boost and 70 AP you get from the Abyssal should increase your AoE damage far more than the third Sunfire cloak, and either the Abyssal or the Banshee should increase your survivability against the average team more than the third Sunfire.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2009

this build is so fragile, and 1 slip up to creep order, or a gank on you, and you are setback quite a bit for the entire game. It is also very dependant on constant golem buffs, and a good tier 3 rune book. With the nerf to Tantrum, this build may become slightly obsolete, until you can hit lvl 3-5 to make creeping easier.
The item build is good, but you get handled by AP teams in team fights without another tank or 2 to support and to disable while you initiate in the mid-game.

Morello

Lead Designer

12-12-2009

Quote:
The game starts, you get your pendant, you head into the jungle, but to where? THERE ARE SO MANY FRIENDS! Well, the place you start is at the golem. You'll need that mana regen buff if you're going to get anywhere fast. Simply enough, you smite him, then attack, using tantrum every time its up until all 3 are dead and you're the first level 2 on the map.
OK, I tried this and the golem kills me every time. For sanity:

1) Regrowth Pendant
2) Smite
3) Spam Tantrum
4) Die to golem with 30% HP left.

Is there something I don't know here?

Thalmodan

12-12-2009

I am not very good at jungling, but I am able to kill golem at level 1 with Cloth Armor, Smite, Healing Pots, and Despair. 0/21/3 Masteries and Dodge/Armor/CD reduction runes.

My problem is once I get to about level 3 I lose the golem buff and can't kill the second golem without teleporting to base which makes me fall way behind in levels.

If I had more IP I would probably buy more armor or armor pen runes to try that out but I am not sure the best way to do it.

Mythologick

12-22-2009

You do realize you can't actually do that defensive mastery build right? 3 in hardiness and 3 in resistance is only 6...you can't make it to defensive mastery unless you put 2 in evasion or strength of spirit.

Unless I am HORRIBLY mistaken...

Clockmort

01-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythologick View Post
You do realize you can't actually do that defensive mastery build right? 3 in hardiness and 3 in resistance is only 6...you can't make it to defensive mastery unless you put 2 in evasion or strength of spirit.

Unless I am HORRIBLY mistaken...
After reading through this guide I was going to point that out myself.