Why mana barrier?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Techno Stud

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Rose View Post
what about this CDR build on blitz? tried on practice when he was available

(not in any order)
mercury threads
soul shroud
frozen shroud (later on frozen heart if theres extra gold)
archangel staff

is it any good? almost spammable powerfist
Soul Shroud...meh...

Archangel Staff....meh

I get Glacial Shroud and Merc Treads regularly though. Those are good tanky items along with a Banshee's Veil. CDR is good on Blitz, but I generally find that Glacial Shroud (or Frozen Heart) is good enough. If I need any more I generally just get a Spirit Visage.

All in all, I've found that getting both Spirit Visage and Sheen is better than getting only a Soul Shroud.

Crimson Rose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2010

ya well but with the HP from soul shroud (+mana regen) plus an archangel staff +ur passive it could turn blitz a lot more tanky, and at the same time getting loads of CDR

we all know 90% of blitz usefulness comes from that grab (Power fist was on 3.5 secs cooldown with this build)

AWESOMO 5000

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Carry View Post
I feel that Blitzcrank as a whole could use a lot of tweaking; mainly, his rocket grab needs to have reduced range but everything else needs to be buffed. It's so frustrating playing a champion that is balanced around a single skill-shot spell, the rest of his skills just kinda add to the skill shot. Overdrive? Makes it easier to hit the grab. Power Fist? Knockup after the grab. Ultimate? Nuke after the grab. It's kinda pathetic. He could use an overhaul.
Most champions have skills that back up their main/other skill. And Fist and OD have other uses besides backing up the hook, such as pushing towers or escaping.

Alent

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
Im writing this exactly because of that, the mana barrier HAS to be ignored to fill in his other deficiencies. [...] Its a dilemma, ignoring mana barrier is bad, but focusing on it is bad too.
I'm not sure this is the case. Mana barrier isn't the greatest passive in the game, but there is no reason to ignore it to focus on other areas for Blitz. In most games I rarely have problems getting a RoA and a Sheen. Generally, I get a Banshee's Veil on him as well. With those items alone Blitz has over 3000 HP, around 2000 MP, and he does decent damage with his ult (around 600) and Rocket Grab (close to 400).

After a full spell rotation you have about 1600 mana, so your shield will block around 800 damage, which is better than Shen's ulti, but realistically (unless you are the type of player that runs into the fray after a single round of skills) Blitz is probably looking at closer to a Mana Barrier closer to blocking 500 damage. That is still pretty good for a passive, and all of the items I listed synergize really well with Blitz. They aren't items that really only give one stat (like warmogs) and getting them in any normal length game isn't unreasonable.

Tennex

05-26-2010

I think its dumb. A lot of passives in this game are dumb. But they are not really meant to make as much of a game changing impact as a regular spell would.. one of the few exceptions is annie. Her passive actually adds flavor and skill to her playstyle.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2010

I don't even remotely understand this thread. Are you complaining about how bad Blitzcrank's abilities synergize, or what? In any case, Mana Barrier is far from bad, god only knows how many times I've had a Blitzcrank escape me just because of his passive alone.

Techno Stud

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Rose View Post
ya well but with the HP from soul shroud (+mana regen) plus an archangel staff +ur passive it could turn blitz a lot more tanky, and at the same time getting loads of CDR

we all know 90% of blitz usefulness comes from that grab (Power fist was on 3.5 secs cooldown with this build)

You may have more HP then and more mana to fuel the shield, but you'll be missing out on serious MR, which we all know magic is the main source of burst damage in this game.

I get your approach. I've tried it. All I'm saying is that the health and mana aren't as important as having good defensive numbers to stand on. I ran Archangels until I realized that the AP wasn't doing much for me. Aside from the grab, his ult is the only other ability that even uses AP. I'd rather get a Banshee's Veil, as its much more useful.

And the cooldown is great....it's just that the more you play Blitz, the better you get at landing your shots. So after a certain point, CDR isn't really that necessary when you're getting the pulls when you need to get them.

Or maybe it's all just me, but I like to play Blitz a little tankier than the rest I suppose.

Rollerball

05-26-2010

Nerf blitzcrank.

Mella Kara

05-26-2010

I remember when I first saw Blitzcrank I thought, "Kassadin with a Wits End would totally make his passive useless." But it already is rather useless, so that was a null argument.

By the time Blitz would be able to block 800 damage with full mana, Tristana could deal 800 damage in a single crit. Granted it does help him escape in some situations, but that's assuming you have a decent amount of mana left by the time you're running for your life.

I like the idea of a mana barrier, but I think it needs some reworking. If the barrier used all of his remaining mana, that'd be a different story, and would make my first statement worth investigating.

Random: I wonder how an AP / Sunfire build would go with Blitz's ult? (It does scale with AP, right? I've only played Blitz twice).

Alphacide

05-26-2010

His passive should be "Once per minute, if you drop below 10% hp, 50% of your mana is turned into health" Just turned into flat health, instead of turned into a shield for 10 seconds