Is this person totally in the wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sugaR SuRRuP

05-25-2010

Ok im in situation Ill just tell you what it basically went down as and hopefully people can tell me who is wrong.

Ok there is a "word" that has 2 pronunciations. It can be said either way. Both are right. One country(country 1) says it one way while the other country(country 2) says it both ways because like I said "this word is correct being pronounced either way.

Now person from Country 1 immediately thinks if the word isnt pronounced there way its WRONG and anything besides that one way even tho there are 2 ways of pronouncing it must be wrong and thinks the other guy from Country 2 is dumb cause they say it both or the other way.

Basically what im asking, is the person from country 1 ignorant and wrong to think every country in the world or this country is wrong because they pronounce it other then the one way they pronounce it as?

Even tho both countries have there own ways to say things is it dumb to think there country is wrong because they dont say this word like their country.

Hope someone can reply

treehugger

05-25-2010

open up a respectable dictionary and look it up

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2010

their*

person A from country 1 is most likely an ignorant, 12 year old kid from america.
person B from country 2 is most likely a teenager of moderate intelligence but doesn't realize the kinds of people on the internet

Roymachine

05-26-2010

Ok, I've seen this a thousand times.

You are the person from both countries A and B amirite?

Kodoku

05-26-2010

By putting quotations around the word "word", you are no longer talking about this unmentioned word but rather the word "word". Since the pronunciation of "word" is unambiguous and unique, it is clear that suggesting dual pronunciations is incorrect.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral Varda View Post
person A from country 1 is most likely an ignorant, 12 year old kid from america.
Ahhh, good ol' stereotyping world.

Viral

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worstcase View Post
sad truth is is that it's probably correct. . .

SyeBlaze

05-26-2010

This is a thinly veiled sexual innuendo. The answer is that you just gotta kiss the girl.

Ghostraider

05-26-2010

Depends which country created the language and the word.

sugaR SuRRuP

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral Varda View Post
Ok, I've seen this a thousand times.

You are the person from both countries A and B amirite?
I'm a person from country B not both

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral Varda
Quote:
Quote:
sad truth is is that it's probably correct. . .
It is true, this person is ignorant and from America but not 12 years old, more like 20? which makes it even worse. 2/3 what you guessed is correct. Your pretty good at guessing :P She knows basically nothing outside of her country and seems to think if other countries spell, talk or do anything differently besides theirs is wrong and stupid. (But then again that yells stereotype all over that)

Quote:
Depends which country created the language and the word.
Neither country created the language or the word, but then again since she says the word is wrong in the world besides US (lol so ignorant) She is basically saying the first English (UK English) is wrong and her (US English) is right in every way lol. Even tho every dictionary, Internet or store bought dictionary says both pronunciations in brackets beside it.

I guess she like a few other people fill the stereotype. Not that all people from US are dumb cause they are not.