Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does win count matter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KemosabeTBC

05-25-2010

Quote:
Snazzy Pants:
But that doesn't really explain why someone with as many wins as me is being matched against people who are woefully worse.

How do you know they are worse? Win count doesn't tell you anything about that. You can be in top 500 Elo with 50 wins.

Snazzy Pants

05-25-2010

Quote:
KemosabeTBC:
How do you know they are worse? Win count doesn't tell you anything about that. You can be in top 500 Elo with 50 wins.

If it's possible to ascend to the top in 50 games then that means two things:

1) Their wins don't matter, which makes me feel better.
2) The game changes your rating too fast, and small loss streaks of 5 or more can change my elo to a whole different bracket. And that obviously makes me feel worse.

What a horribly flawed system...

Optimus Prim3

05-25-2010

You're ELO increase depends on who you are fighting I think.
So if you win all fifty games against progressively more difficult opponents obviously you are going to increase your ELO in a big way. Why is this broken?

DeleetLeker

05-25-2010

With 140 wins they are lvl 30 unless horrible players with a ****load of losses, or soo unlucky that they are paired with the most clueless people imaginable every game

Seen some pretty ****ty ppl with over 400wins who had no clue on what to do and seen some really good people with 50wins, but they have talent for the game

Snazzy Pants

05-25-2010

Quote:
Mikalus:
You're ELO increase depends on who you are fighting I think.
So if you win all fifty games against progressively more difficult opponents obviously you are going to increase your ELO in a big way. Why is this broken?

In a reasonable system, 50 games should not be enough of a time span for the game to determine that you're better than 90% of the other players. If 50 is enough for the game to distinguish between Pendragon and me, and then 5 is enough for me to fallen into a lower elo bracket if I keep losing. That doesn't sound right at all.

Quote:
DeleetLeker:
With 140 wins they are lvl 30 unless horrible players with a ****load of losses, or soo unlucky that they are paired with the most clueless people imaginable every game

Seen some pretty ****ty ppl with over 400wins who had no clue on what to do and seen some really good people with 50wins, but they have talent for the game

I have no idea what you're trying to say, but it sounds as if you're calling my skills into question. In every game I play, even the losses, I have never once been blamed or have performed poorly under the conditions.

Your post reads as if you fed it through a translator.

topboy

05-25-2010

Quote:
JustDavid:
Most likely, they have somehow inflated their Elo. It could be that they had a winning streak, or they were in a premade with another level 30. Either way, Elo does not reflect off of wins (or KDA).

The problem with KDA is that it hardly means anything. I've seen people who do nothing in a team fight, and jump in to get the (or fail to get the) last hits. They have an extremely good KDA (6/0/6), but are they good? Definitely no. On the other hand, I see tanks who rush in first to initate the fight. If we are lucky, the tank dies of FF and the carries destroy everyone on their team. What does this mean for the tank? 1 death, 5 assist (at best, sometimes its lower but he did help win the fight).
That is the noob way.

The way you praise how the feeder tank just show me you're a kser that hardly contribute anything to a team fight.

Snazzy Pants

05-25-2010

So many people with barely legible English are posting. I have no idea what most of you are trying to say. >.<

topboy

05-25-2010

Quote:
Snazzy Pants:
So many people with barely legible English are posting. I have no idea what most of you are trying to say. >.<
Deal with it : D

just as we deal with leavers and afk.

Snazzy Pants

05-25-2010

Quote:
topboy:
Deal with it : D

just as we deal with leavers and afk.

I'm pretty sure you didn't understand what I said.

Phoenix Mane

05-25-2010

@ OP, Win count really doesn't make a huge difference in ELO, things such as who you win AGAINST and your +wins would effect ELO more, I'd imagine. So even if someone has a quarter of your wins it's still very possible for him to have a similar rating to you.