Riot Games is hiring Web Developers and Web Designers

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RatBoweR

05-25-2010

I guess someone from SEA is out eh so GL to those hired dang I am jealous

Mapekz

05-25-2010

Interesting job proposition, but leaving NYC for LA? I don't think so :P

Talo Momoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2010

Quote:
Expert-level knowledge of PHP
Quote:
top-notch enterprise software engineer
I lol'ed.

Wolfscar

05-25-2010

Riot is doing really well with the develop, I am really glad to hear that.. and I hope they will develop the interface of the game more and Not having a white screen. well All I can say Riot made it !

Alysdair

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatBoweR View Post
I guess someone from SEA is out eh so GL to those hired dang I am jealous
Knocks me out of the running too.

Yashied

05-25-2010

Hope you add the Resend All Button on the friends referral program =)

micdj

05-25-2010

hi can i ask you guys is it possible to game in the meanwhile u are transfering

Nanasai

05-25-2010

Oh this is so cool. I have less than a year left in college =(. I'm going to school for Animation. Wish I could apply, good luck guys!

notsure

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by micdj View Post
hi can i ask you guys is it possible to game in the meanwhile u are transfering
yes,but if you play on eu servers all experience, stats and IP earned will not be saved

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

05-25-2010
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
First, the way that is set up is via an RSS feed with thread IDs in it, I could go spelunking through the Firefox add-on for the code you're looking for, but basically it just says "This thread has N staff posts" and then navigates through them in chronological order.

Time zones are easy, basically its just adding or substracting hours based on which time zone the account holder specifies.

Are you wanting the summoner icon's to be updated in real time, or can it be part of a DTS package? (or whatever the mysql version of a data transformation schedule is.)

When you say Reputation system, are you talking about reputation related to the forum, or something akin to that WoW add on that let you rate and comment on how people played? Tell me more?

When you say API, why not just implement a full blown knowledge management center? Then build the API for that?
The work that we want to do is complex, I put a list of basic things that make sense to most users. I can assure you that the list of things we want to do is much longer - and much more in-depth than the few tidbits I posted.

So I'll be seeing your application then?

Quote:
What type of data infrastructure is your web presence built around? Namely are you using xml flat file transformation, web service calls or direct sql calls? Additionally, what type of infrastructure are you looking to support in the future?

Finally how ingrained is php at riot? More specifically will riot be using php for all web related scripting or just the forum?
Our web stuff is on a LAMP stack, we're open to other languages for some stuff - but the core will remain on LAMP

Quote:
Interesting job proposition, but leaving NYC for LA? I don't think so :P
We consider remote contractors for senior positions, with part time on-site