Evelynn in Ranked: How to deal with.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WER386

09-08-2011

Hello there people. After reading some subjects over here, I'm really sick of the "@Riot do something: stupid dumbf' idiot made me lose Elo by forcing me to dodge when he picked EVE!"; so well, I'm here to give some pointers (My English is funky and my spelling is even worse, long read you're warned):

Evelynn is not a DPS, its not a tank, its not a carry/pusher nor a support.
She doesn't gank properly without intel (map awareness + MIAs, etc).
She will have absolute CS of your lane early on.
She doesn't do teamwork.
What she is good for? keep reading:

Main problem of all Eve players (in Ranked ofc) is that their team's tend to give up from the moment they lock into her. Despite that, if her team really tries to help her, they gotta don't wonder WTF is Eve doing, but trust she does know what she is doing, help her calling MIAs around her instead of telling her to fall back, etc. Keeping the morale of the team up, for EVERYONE in your team is like having an extra 5% chance to win.

There are load of trolls and such playing Eve all around, heck yeah, but can you name any champ who cannot troll? Unless your team's Eve is indeed a stupid noob, she can get your team a hard early game in trade of a really good mid and late game.

Main use of Eve is: tracking, harassing and nuking foe's jungler, "squishy" champs and most of supports (Karma is one of the worst matchs for her BTW), completely clean a "safe" (intel needed here) lane out of foe minions in a really short time, she is also good taking out turrets if properly geared and has enough confidence and support to avoid getting ganked.

Eve is a soloer: don't ask her for help, she cannot do anything at all in a team fight: after she appears, they focus her, she's dead; so if there is an Eve on your team, don't spam "all push mid!" because, even with her over there, it will be a 4v5 and Eve can only focus on 1 by 1 so ram ganging with her will end either: you all dead and she fleeing or you all and she dead too.

After hitting level 5, Eve is better jungler than anyone else, only difference is that she cannot start right on jungle from the beginning. In fact, a real good use of Eve would be teaming with your jungler and mess with the enemy jungle together. Eve doesn't need blue buff (if she asks you for a leash on blue she's either a troll or a complete beginner) but red buff does much better to her than your jungler (yet, if Eve ask for a leash on red she still is a troll or learning); but Eve will not replace your jungler, a good Eve jungles in the enemy jungle (if her team provides her map awareness and she's not dumb enough to make obvious she is lurking there). As for wards (cheap or sight ones), a good Eve always carries an oracle on her to one hit Ravage any wards she finds and flee from there ASAP.

Eve good players will mostly start on Bot lane (they need to keep the Dragon spotted, since after maxing Hate Spike and a couple points in Ravage, with around 3.5k gold worth of well chosen items she can wipe it out easily). If she has some help, your team can get Dragon really early just by getting MIA quickly and just someone help her (a ww + eve combo with full Dragon intel will get the dragon right after it spawns). Eve will and needs to cs her lane early on so she can start roaming ASAP (that way, her lanning teammate can have the cs), smart Eve players only need to max Hate spike, two points in Shadow Walk and another couple in Ravage (her ulti is most useful to flee, chase and speed up turret hitting, so it's not a bad idea to delay it's acquirement).

Eve IS NOT AD, know it. An AP Eve appears, slows, shreds, Hate Spikes and disappears (even if she didn't kill her target); using her as a somewhat stealth Yi is a terrible mistake: once she appears, her battles cannot last longer than 15 secs, relaying on criticals and chasing the target works in normal BUT NOT in ranked, besides, the AD build is actually more expensive than the AP one. Also, Eve doesn't need to gank: unless the foe team is made of pure good survivors, a good Eve will track weak or really hurt champs and finish them off, she should never even think of attacking a tank. CC don't really bother her too much, unless it's the Fiddle "thx for calling Eve MIA team, they should had dodge when this noob picked her" case, a clever Eve will just flee and disappear if she figures out she won't be able to make it.

Eve's most nightmare is needing her teammates to take out any foes with oracles; if your Eve gets predictable and/or they see her coming, she is again: noob or beginner. She needs a lot of training to successfully cause your team to get some kind of advantage but if she is actually a Pro, she can utterly carry your team, create mass map control and dump foes income by forcing them to buy Oracles and sight wards in vain and having a kill ratio as good as any other assassin. Don't underestimate her until she actually didn't make a single solo nuke, crippled a lane foe minion's advance nor put wards all over the map and got ganked with or without any MIAs.

One last thing I'd like to add: for her nerf (yepe, the stun off), the reason is simple: Eve does need something to keep her target still for a short time, but making it unable to fight back, flee, CC her and whatnot is simply too good; it replace was some kind of smart: slow, only problem with this is it's stupid 3 seconds duration, because it cannot be spammed, so once the 3 seconds pass by, her target is free to flee and (unless she casts her ulti) the Hate Spike range is fine but if the target just Flashes, casts Ghost or gets assisted by someone else, Eve cannot do anything about it.

Here are some screens of me playing normal in the age when I started playing Ranked with her after-nerf (these are old and my build was w/e; I was learning to play with her, don't let my skin deceive you and BTW it's solo queue, the Brand and Shaco were different guys); so you can imagine how good I know how much is Eve hated in Ranked, yet you can check my profile: early on my win ratio was 100% (three wins) then stepped (mix wins and loses) into 88% then 66% and now it's on 44%, mostly because the higher I got, the team hated me the most and I was still learning to play Evelynn in my firsts Ranked matches (DOH!) therefore my team was busier asking me WTF I was doing instead of letting me be (I even remember having 8 wins, 18 total matches and been matched vs. a 300 wins, 600 total matches player).

I don't think Eve is getting a buff, she is really hard to handle and her role is utterly uncomprehended. Don't dodge when someone picks her, you can always report her for "Briefing: Assisting enemy team" if she's actually a troll, noob, beginner, etc. But I'll repeat one of my favorites quotes: "You have more chances to lose Elo by dodging than trying to help players you don't understand what are they doing.".

Elalya

09-08-2011

You rushed Lich Bane.

Quote:
Unique: Every time you use an ability, your next physical attack deals 100% extra base damage. Cooldown 2 seconds.
Quote:
Unique: When you use an ability, your next physical attack will then deal an additional 100% of your ability power in damage. This effect has a 2 second cooldown.
91 base AD.

88 AP.

|:

WER386

09-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elalya View Post
You rushed Lich Bane.

91 base AD.

88 AP.

|:
And you don't even read the post, but just looked at the screens. Whatever: 91 AD + 88 AP = 179 attack damage WHILE increasing your other skills.
Fair enough?

dxfirty

09-11-2011

She is useless late game (Which is why riot is changing stealth). In late game team fights your team WILL lose because she'll die before she gets in. You have to close the gap early-mid game with her (or any stealth hero) or you simply won't win.

Astronw

09-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WER386 View Post
And you don't even read the post, but just looked at the screens. Whatever: 91 AD + 88 AP = 179 attack damage WHILE increasing your other skills.
Fair enough?
Considering that you would get 91+91 for a third of the price, no, not fair enough

DuffTime

09-12-2011

"once she appears, her battles cannot last longer than 15 secs, relaying on criticals and chasing the target works in normal BUT NOT in ranked,"

HSGG begs to differ :3

killasrspike

09-13-2011

Very well written article. I used to main as EVE but got tired of dropped ques or people not working with me. I would always end up tearing apart the enemies jungle. you sir understand eve very well.

I just miss the stun. I used to be able to drop a fed WW in his jungle before he could even react. (of course i had good cs and nice amount of kills.)

iblow4ipod

09-16-2011

I prefer AD evelynn to be honest. Once you get itemized out from split pushing you can rip apart anything with your rofl aspeed ult. Plus you're still useful after you pop stealth ravage and auto for your lich bane hit.

Inorashi

09-17-2011

Rofl what elo is this where the enemy loses to Eve, Shaco, Leblanc, Mundo, Brand?

NoMieu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlow4iPod View Post
I prefer AD evelynn to be honest. Once you get itemized out from split pushing you can rip apart anything with your rofl aspeed ult. Plus you're still useful after you pop stealth ravage and auto for your lich bane hit.
ad evelynn ftw and they're reworking her she isn't getting a buff o 0
if you would look here: http://surrenderat20.blogspot.com/20...1_archive.html
apparently she's getting her stun and instead of healing she gets a shield...wewt? i suppose you could just buy spellvamp or lifesteal now