Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Petition : In Game Voice Chat.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxury48

09-26-2011

you have my vote for the voice chat and also a easy to toggle (little button next to the minimap) mute button

Xeroux

Recruiter

09-27-2011

Great Chat guys keep it up and we will be noticed

AgarethEU

09-29-2011

TeamSpeak... Ventrilo.... Mumble... etc etc etc etc etc

Don't you think RIOT resorces could be at better use elsewhere??

theriv

10-11-2011

Def bump. For VOIP and a mute button.

Wyrdic

10-14-2011

/signed

In-game voice would be great. I regularly play source games on steam and have some HoN experience. There's no negative impacts it could have on the game. Set it up in the options so you could completely disable voice if necessary for those who aren't okay with the idea in the first place. In game, on tab, it should have some sort of notification indicating who does or doesn't have it enabled so people aren't talking to themselves. It can only improve the game, not hurt it.

Cimis

10-14-2011

I think implementing in game chat would be a great idea. For people saying better resources else where, it wouldn't take to much to do. We already in theory have a mute button its just called /ignore. This would allow much better team communication for solo queues ie better at saying who's going where, mia, team tactics in team fights just overall much more competition. And I find myself queuing with 2 or 3 friends and we are all using skype leaving the last team mate or 2 screwed and neglected. In game chat would help eliminate this issue.

Void2258

10-14-2011

I agree. It is really weird and annoying not having in-game chat.

Also good gankers wait till when I people go to send messages because it is fairly easy to tell when a player is typing based on how they move, and it takes a second to get out of the chat box. It can be an active disadvantage to communicate, meaning you just have to trust everyone's instincts.

It is also a big turnoff for new players, since they are already having trouble and they feel awkward asking for help.

Besides, most of us are already yelling at the screen; it would be nice if it meant something.

Rizenxin

10-14-2011

/jumpsonthebandwagon

Riot, make it so.

Pros: (1) Improved team play experience, (2) less frustration by gamers overall, (3) possible premium subscription perk, (4) premium subscription perk that funds itself and the game's future success

Cons: (1) Ragers ragin' through VoIP as well as chat, (2) lag increase if there's heavy VoIP activity, (3) possible abuse of VoIP by immature/toxic players

I'd go so far as to say a fee for voice chat would not be out of the question, especially if it's done right and increases gameplay satisfaction.

EvilPie7

10-15-2011

It would be great to communicate with the other players.
And maybe be able to set up a custom voice chatroom if u want to chat with your friends.

Mr AIex

10-18-2011

I'm happy with Skype/Ventrilo for my premades. I don't want to talk to strangers. I'd like some easier method of communicating but I believe this can be accomplished through something like Battlefield's on-screen mouse gestures.