Petition : In Game Voice Chat.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shadowstock

09-08-2011

I finally got my friend to play LoL after playing Hon for a while with the simple argument, of" dude just try it you don't know which is better till you try it" And he finally starts playing and he goes to say Mia into the mic then asks me (Via Vent) "Dude what butten do you press for voice chat?"

Guys its been a while where is the in-game voice chat ? Come on guys sign it if you agree and let the voice be heard that this is what we want, they gave us a female tank and i think this should be next.

KnightOfSilence

09-08-2011

Yes
We must have an ingame voice-chat...
With that must come an mute option. A selective mute option.

42oWarLorD

09-08-2011

no thank you i do not care to here kids and emos crying non stop. if your any good at the game you need nothing more then a ping on the map.

KnightOfSilence

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42oWarLorD View Post
no thank you i do not care to here kids and emos crying non stop. if your any good at the game you need nothing more then a ping on the map.
That's exactly why there would be a selective mute button. You would be able to chat with friends, you could disable it for random unranked games.

shadowstock

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyonicB View Post
That's exactly why there would be a selective mute button. You would be able to chat with friends, you could disable it for random unranked games.
Agreed, the first thing you need for an in-chat system is a nice UI showing whom is currently talking so you can mute that person or raise the volume or what ever.

Gibgezr

09-09-2011

Yes, in-game voice ftw. Preset teams all do it anyway, via Teamspeak/Vent/Skype, but imagine the effect voice communication would have on the accelration of the learning curve for new players in the solo queue!

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

09-09-2011

Voice-Chat
Less chatting, more playing.

Lack of voice chat is the reason why I almost never go Solo Queue. Would be great with a client-server voice chat implemented, however, at least a P2P voice chat is necessary.
I can't quickly give information on what's going on, give suggestions on what we should do, give advice about the champion my team mate is laning against or give reasons for why to buy that item.
I believe voice chat would make team playing so much easier, and if someone is raging in the mic, you can always mute them.
A speaker icon appears above your champion and beside your avatar when you speak, to easily indicate who's speaking, which makes it easier for you to understand what to do. Would actually be great if this feature also supported external voice-chat programs, such as TeamSpeak, Mumble, Ventrilo, Skype etc.

You would only use about 9-15 kB/s (72-115 kib/s) in bandwidth usage while talking with 4 others with 32 KH / 24-bit sound quality, though could decrease it down to 8-bit with a merely 7-9 KB/s (56-72 kib/s).
If someone lacks in upload speed, the sound quality could automatically adapt to the player's bandwidth, all the way down to 8 KHz / 8-bit (around 1 kib/s).

• Not always players get what I mean with pinging.
E.g. pinging from lane to lane, or when I ping from their side towards our tower.

• It's a hassle to type while there's stuff going on.
E.g. type "ss 1 bot", "ss morde", "re 1 bot", "top pushed" while someone is pushing me or tries to farm as effectively as possible.

• Give advice, time-consuming.
E.g. "ww buy < item >", "y?", "karthus annie anivia", "so?", "..."

• Tell people what to do.
E.g. "top care", "bait", "push", "stop push", "let bot push", "go", "b", click 'G' while in teamfight etc.

Source: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=359935

Leosoul

09-10-2011

I dislike this idea. There are enough bugs and other potential things they could add which would be much less annoying and redundant. As someone stated, everyone already does it with vent/skype/teamspeak/mumble, so why go and add voice chat when there are already plenty of alternatives available that have years of bug testing and a dedicated support/dev staff?

And really, you think people are ****s in the normal chat? Imagine if they didn't have to go through all the trouble of typing out all their insults and ******tery. It'd be terrible.

Xelsia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2011

I like it, but I think its a bad idea for some of the above reasons...

Vitoox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-11-2011

i like using ventrilo but my friends dont so we use teamspeak but the problem is that i sometimes get low fps while using it so it would be great if we had a in game voice chat.