"Intentionally Feeding" The new "bad player" option

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bekkal

09-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound Theory View Post
My ban expired 3 days ago. I learned my lesson the hard way, and I'm posting because I honestly don't agree with the system as it is right now. You can't "badmouth" at your feeders. You can't report them for making you lose. You can't even spam advice -like, say MIA MIA MIA PLZ GO BACK YOU'LL DIE AGAIN oh you just did- because it's punishable. You can't do anything except embrace imminent failure. Oh yeah, you can dodge queue in ranked if you see Heal/Clarity Twitch, it will only cost you a leave and Elo Loss. Amazing, right?
Try being friendly and offering advice in a positive way. Not everyone listens, but hey we tried telling you you deserved your ban and you went on for pages about how you didn't.

See how that works? Part of the solution, or part of the problem. You need to pick.

LadyLothiriel

09-09-2011

@Sound Theory:

You might even have a point there.

There are two problems with the current ranked system that I believe cause most of the rage and stress in ranked games:

- "Fresh" lvl 30 (they're still fresh, even after 10 games, at least that's my experience) get into ranked with 1200 elo and then teamed up with people who are at the same elo but might have played hundreds of rankeds to get there (again). Since ranked is very much different from normal, that just causes conflicts on both sides.

- Queue dodge punish: I understand that we can't have people constantly doding queues just because they don't get exactly the team they want. I understand that it needs to be discouraged. But I would dearly love to have at least one free dodge every 24 hours because sometimes you just KNOW that the heal/clarity twitch, the revive/rally Vayne or the guy who fed last game will inevitably ruin your game. There would be a lot less reason for conflict if I would not be forced to see these things through.

Bendyahova

09-09-2011

Maybe Riot should consider for ranked games you can't join as a match me up player. Maybe they should require pre-mades vs pre-mades. Then you have no one to blame for the bads but yourself for joining and making that team.

It would be a drastic step to soothe probably less than 10% of Riot's vocal QQ I'm an awesome player base. Just musing since someone mentioned WoW in another thread. Started me thinking about their e-sports arenas, and how there was a lot less QQ.

Sound Theory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
Try being friendly and offering advice in a positive way. Not everyone listens, but hey we tried telling you you deserved your ban and you went on for pages about how you didn't.

See how that works? Part of the solution, or part of the problem. You need to pick.
I always say "hi guys" every ranked game I play. I always start ranked with a positive attitude, even if i'm raging in the inside to no end. THEN people start to screw up big time, and i give "constructive positive" advice. They OF COURSE don't listen (except that one time I made a Xin build tanky instead of full AS/AD, i ended 16/4/16 that game. He thanked me for carrying him), and proceed to keep feeding making the same stupid mistakes over and over and over again.

THEN, sometimes, I start raging. Even then, sometimes i keep it to myself and just /surrender.

Maybe you need to get some feeders in your team before you come here and give me this shallow pointless advices.

LadyLothiriel

09-09-2011

Quote:
THEN, sometimes, I start raging. Even then, sometimes i keep it to myself and just /surrender.
I know what you are talking about, everyone playing ranked does. But the thing is, raging at them in chat is just another way of true trolls to hurt you, because now you are even giving them a reason to report you.

Yell at your monitor, throw things at the wall, yell at the unfortunaty guy with whom you're in skype or vent, but don't type abusive, offensive things into the chat. Just don't. It serves no purpose and may cost you your account. Those people are just not worth that much.

GC Nate

09-09-2011

@sound- you cant even talk on these boards without using caps homie. that's probably why you got you banned. caps= shouting. add name calling on top of it you have what equals a pretty easy punish for most tribunal users. just tone it down.

Dracorya

09-09-2011

There's no justified excuse to "rage" at your teammtes in chat. Rage outside of the game but keep it there.

doubledolls

09-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
There's no justified excuse to "rage" at your teammtes in chat. Rage outside of the game but keep it there.
No justified reason? As long as matchmaking is so completely broken their being there in the same match as you is the justified reason. I can sit there and tell them how to play but they keep running out and dying anyhow and I'm not supposed to rage? Sorry, but sometimes you get what you deserve. Riot and the rest of the hyper-sensitive "you should just pm whisper them cooing noises and tell them Jesus loves them" crowd is just dead wrong.

You inflict a horrible gaming experience on me and I'm supposed to more than go out of my way to make yours incredible? Really? I've started out games carrying hard only to realize that all four of my teammates are not only feeders, but really can't play the game at all. It is effectively a 1v5. Now what are my options?
  1. Leave and get a leaverbuster ban
  2. AFK and get a leaverbuster ban
  3. Keep trying even though it will be a miserable loss
  4. Pretend I'm trying while actually feeding until it is over

So lose/lose/lose/lose scenario. Awesome. And option 3, the one I'm supposed to take, is probably the most miserable because I'm held hostage to a game I don't want to play with a bunch of; probably children. Babysit or be banned. And yeah, even if you make it through all that you've still got the tribunal to worry about.

It is now 20 minutes into the game. The score is 6-37. The 6 kills your team has are yours from early game when you went 6-0. The other team is bad and slow in taking turrets, but your team is far worse. They already realize they need to focus you and rush you on the tower every time you pop up on the map. Your KD has now dropped to 6-7. You click surrender. One yes and four no. The other team takes their good 'ol time finishing you off. You spend the next 30 minutes wishing you could have that 30 minutes of your life back all because you didn't want to get banned.

This is a problem of philosophy. Why the hell does the extreme casual crowd care if I leave a game? Why should I get punished for leaving games where it is justified? That is at the root of the problem. Some of these extreme casuals even rage at you and tell you to leave, which you can't/shouldn't given the way the game works.

And then the same type of person clicks punish on your case.

Serpicos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2011

You sound angry at the game, if I were you I would just quit playing all together.