Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does AD alistar carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KOTravelingHobo

09-08-2011

Carrying is like 75% items and 25% champ. What's critical is whether or not you can get fed enough to get the items to carry, and that's going to be difficult if you're using a suboptimal build like AD Alistar.

Casus125

09-08-2011

AD alistar can do good DPS, but carrying?

No, it's just not in his skillset to be the primary hero killer to carry a team.

Even with maxed CDR he can still only do his abilities every ~8 seconds, and if you're building AD then their only useful function is CC.

Low CS support, Tanky DPS, Tanky AP all fit his skill set well, but not a full blown AD carry, at least not in a sensible setting of relatively skilled opponents.

BromoBroFist

09-08-2011

In short: yes. How? With skill.

XTreeX

09-08-2011

lol i see guys.........any opinion on which skin to get?
AD alistar is intended so that you can deal decent damage with you auto attacks DURING the time you CC is on cooldown. with that CC you have decent burst and the trample+sheen proc hits hard on squishies. so basically AD alistar is- Tanky, decent AA dmg , decent burst damage, good CC to use his decent AA dmg and good burst with Trampling sheen proc.
he may not be able to carry buy his damage is a essential asset imo. (better than the dead APalistar)

thanks for answering to this thread but now one question remains:- badger teemo or golden alistar?

NicheBag

09-09-2011

Not viable.

In my experience (40-50 days of solid Alistar play with occasional resurgence of late), it wouldn't be viable to build him as an AD carry. As already stated, he has no AD ratios to speak of that benefit his abilities and his auto-attack is lacking.

If you want a more DPS-y role, I'd suggest building him Tanky-AP with CDR

I go 9/0/21, running Flash/Clarity, Flash/Teleport or Flash/CV depending on what role I'll be playing (Clarity/TP for solo-lanes, CV if I have a jungler who counter-jungles a lot). My runes are Magic Pen/Mana Regen/CDR/Movespeed but most configurations will work.

As far as items go, I find that tanky-AP provides the best solution --- pure tanks can be too easy to ignore, and the days of Pure AP Cow are long-past imo.

I usually rush a RoA (sub-20 minutes, if it's past 20 minutes skip it in favour of a Rylai's), CDR or Merc Treads for Boots and a Sheen. Then round off the build with a Rylai's/Defensive Item/Lichbane.

If you want to focus on DPS a Sheen is mandatory imo -- and only build a Lichbane when you have ~170+ ability power.

I still build him as more of an AP nuke than tank these days, it's still viable even after it's down to 0.4 from 0.6/0.8 - you just have to be clutch with your ultimate and hope that your team doesn't waste those 8 seconds.

NicheBag

09-09-2011

Quote:
XTreeX:
lol i see guys.........any opinion on which skin to get?
AD alistar is intended so that you can deal decent damage with you auto attacks DURING the time you CC is on cooldown. with that CC you have decent burst and the trample+sheen proc hits hard on squishies. so basically AD alistar is- Tanky, decent AA dmg , decent burst damage, good CC to use his decent AA dmg and good burst with Trampling sheen proc.
he may not be able to carry buy his damage is a essential asset imo. (better than the dead APalistar)

thanks for answering to this thread but now one question remains:- badger teemo or golden alistar?

Just to clear things up, AD Cow doesnt have decent burst.

AD contributes nothing to his special abilites.
The so-called burst comes from the sheen procc which, if i recall correctly, is about ~250 in late game (haven't had just a sheen in late-game for bear with me) plus whatever his auto-attack is - call it 400 tops, if that.

So you'd be doing 400-500 damage every 2 seconds plus whatever skill you used to procc Sheen. To maximize Sheen damage you'd have to leave 2 seconds between each skill use (which is typically not a good idea).

Pulverize is on a long cooldown (like 12s) and for headbutt will make you lose DPS (since you'll either knock them into a bad position or you wont be maxing Sheen DPS)

trample damage is neglible and it's better used to move through minions imo.

XTreeX

09-09-2011

if your defying the power of AD tanky alistar (lol) then go tell that to reep.
but that is no longer the question badger teemo or golden alistar? hehehehe

Insecta Vespa

09-09-2011

lol. With archangel staff ali can spam his headbutt and pulv + his passive does aoe DOT. At early game this item will help him help his team ganking. Sorry for bad english^^

Chingmeister

09-12-2011

I used to use Alistar and Singed as an upgrade to Yi since they had damage reduction. It worked fine, except when you forget to mention your not tanking.

Singed used to be light years ahead of Yi. 20 second highlander, with regeneration and defense, but they nerfed the AS bonus. Now he's only far superior to Yi.

XTreeX

09-12-2011

well....AP alistar is nerfed so going down that path is no longer viable. Ad alistar is tanky and puts out decent damage. similar to Ap alistar i guess.