Master Yi like a god?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MammothWaffle

Adjudicator

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanir View Post
Generally Yi is more scary, since Jax rely on kill to get money while Yi rely on farming. One wave of creep give you at least 90 gold, while one hero kill give you 250. That means every 2.8 wave of creep jax need to get one kill (by himself) in order to get the same gold as Yi. Maybe Yi can't get all last hit but with aphla strike's help I would say around 4 wave. Plus Yi scales better than Jax in DPS items (I don't know if Jax is in AP).
Yi is only more scary because he can put out a huge amount of burst DPS, whereas jax builds up his damage.

Stormiy

09-16-2009

Master yi i think is *the* op char right now. Mediate is crazy - gives you not the "paper" tile but more like "i'm back, die now, you don have nonsense heal and dmg like me haha!", ult is crazy to, just get spell block + a bit of hp and you can call yourself a god. The craziest thing is at game start - that damage is crazy and gets worse as game progresses. He can dish out damage or ryze * 2 and wont die like ryze because ryzes ult don't refresh when he gets kill. As any class can be played badly, but hes OP totally agree.

HowlingKommando

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanir View Post
Generally Yi is more scary, since Jax rely on kill to get money while Yi rely on farming. One wave of creep give you at least 90 gold, while one hero kill give you 250. That means every 2.8 wave of creep jax need to get one kill (by himself) in order to get the same gold as Yi. Maybe Yi can't get all last hit but with aphla strike's help I would say around 4 wave. Plus Yi scales better than Jax in DPS items (I don't know if Jax is in AP).
Jax is noticeably better than Yi right now. His stun/dodge makes him a lot more versatile and his ultimate is passive so you don't have to wait for any cooldowns at all.

Yi is about right and doesn't need to be touched imo.

Hmmer94

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammothWaffle View Post
Yi is only more scary because he can put out a huge amount of burst DPS, whereas jax builds up his damage.
exactly, but jax is better surviver

Elhehir

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmer94 View Post
exactly, but jax is better surviver
Pretty much, although you shouldn't die in the first place as Master Yi. With Flash and highlander, it is very rare to get killed if you don't set yourself against impossible odds.

With this build, I get consistently over 20 kills per game (careful attacking though):

Philo stone
Berserk greaves
Phantom dancer
Frozen mallet/last whisper
Infinity's edge (you can get it before frozenmallet/last whisper if you want)
Frozen mallet/last whisper (depending on the balance between attack and health. getting ganked-> frozen mallet)

from level 1-6, alpha strike = #1 priority then wuju style. Always get Highlander when you can.

from level 6-18: highlander when possible, wuju style first then alpha strike then meditate.

If you farm creeps correctly cash should never be a problem (as long as you don't die too)

that's my recipe for sucess with master yi. Also, I stack armor penetration runes (red, quint)+ crit chance(yellow, blue)

Flash+exhaust for the epic win. double use for both.

Tarion

09-16-2009

Quote:
Pretty much, although you shouldn't die in the first place as Master Yi. With Flash and highlander, it is very rare to get killed if you don't set yourself against impossible odds.
Or bump into any character with a stun :P

Elhehir

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarion View Post
Or bump into any character with a stun :P
I forgot to precise: it is very rare to get killed if you are careful enough. As soon as you feel something is off, you should probably retreat to a tower. If you play without any unecessary risks, you should be able to predict, most of the time, when to retreat because of a stun user coming towards you.

Besides, many/most champions will be felled before a good stun.

theqn

09-17-2009

not a god... just very item dependent like lots of melee heroes