Master Yi like a god?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odinson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanir View Post
shark gives lot of health regen
Not more than shroom dmg a second, even shrooms at their lowest.

Pobelter

09-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanir View Post
yea, the key is to interrupt him framing.
It was the butler, not the maid!

Tarion

09-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlingKommando View Post
Master Yi usually isn't that threatening from my experiences.

He has low HP, relies very heavily on his ultimate for kills, and is very item dependent.
Yeah, I've managed to shut down most of the Yi's I've faced recently - Guardian Angel. Master Yi works on momentum. When he kills, he refreshes. If he doesn't get a kill, he runs dry.

If he keeps killing, he can continue killing as long as he has mana. Stopping the flow of kills is essential. Guardian Angel is a great way of doing this (As is Anivia's Passive <3). Anything that has him commit, only to not be able to follow through.

Vanir

09-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
Not more than shroom dmg a second, even shrooms at their lowest.
It might be that he might be not full be just close to it.
Plus Teetom's utl last 5 sec he have lot of time to regen.

SmecssRaege

09-16-2009

The key to stopping Yi is a simple 2 step program

A) as mentioned: prevent him from farming as much as possible (although this is hard because of alpha strikes invulnerability 2-3-4 kills), but if you have people that can punish him big time for alpha striking, get them to his lane asap

Examples: Ryze (prison him when he pops out and proceed to beat the hell out of him)
Veigar (throw event horizon around him, drop some dark matter of balefuls on him to make him feel some pain)
Annie (throw as many fireballs as you can, save your stun for after an alpha stirke if you can, and then get your 2-3 spell chain on him to put him in a world of hurt)
Morgana (Dark binding + Tormented soil = 1 hurt Yi)

etc etc.

B) If master yi is beasting around your game domination, YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON HIM, pay attention to when he moves in and when he stays out, try to trace his movements, and pour your stuns/snares on him in a timely fashion, functionally in an attempt to stunlock and beat him to death before he can fight back
(obviously in some games this isn't possible, but with the massive amount of stun's/snares at a lot of heros disposals, you should usually be able to shut him down with good co-ordination)

basically everything i mentioned in A is good, on top of other stuns being useful at this point too.

Allistars stun is great, knockup+2s stun
Sion's stun is good
Tairic's dazzle if he's smart and uses from a distance to get highest stun duration
Etc Etc.

hope this has enlightened anyone who cared to read it a bit into the ways of killing yi.

Nerdrage

Recruiter

09-16-2009

The damage and slow from the shrooms are all one debuff.

SO what that means is when he steps on a shroom, he gets a slowing/damage debuff. When he is using his ult, he becomes immune to slows, thus the damage also goes away.

Some of the crazy theories you guys have are a little ridiculous to ponder.

Yadeniel

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlingKommando View Post
Master Yi usually isn't that threatening from my experiences.

He has low HP, relies very heavily on his ultimate for kills, and is very item dependent.
WIth 2items or 3 he is a killing machine and owns all, i dont think he is very item dependent

Yadeniel

09-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmecssRaege View Post
The key to stopping Yi is a simple 2 step program

A) as mentioned: prevent him from farming as much as possible (although this is hard because of alpha strikes invulnerability 2-3-4 kills), but if you have people that can punish him big time for alpha striking, get them to his lane asap

Examples: Ryze (prison him when he pops out and proceed to beat the hell out of him)
Veigar (throw event horizon around him, drop some dark matter of balefuls on him to make him feel some pain)
Annie (throw as many fireballs as you can, save your stun for after an alpha stirke if you can, and then get your 2-3 spell chain on him to put him in a world of hurt)
Morgana (Dark binding + Tormented soil = 1 hurt Yi)

etc etc.

B) If master yi is beasting around your game domination, YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON HIM, pay attention to when he moves in and when he stays out, try to trace his movements, and pour your stuns/snares on him in a timely fashion, functionally in an attempt to stunlock and beat him to death before he can fight back
(obviously in some games this isn't possible, but with the massive amount of stun's/snares at a lot of heros disposals, you should usually be able to shut him down with good co-ordination)

basically everything i mentioned in A is good, on top of other stuns being useful at this point too.

Allistars stun is great, knockup+2s stun
Sion's stun is good
Tairic's dazzle if he's smart and uses from a distance to get highest stun duration
Etc Etc.

hope this has enlightened anyone who cared to read it a bit into the ways of killing yi.
This can be applied for every hero, even when they focus me playing master yi i just use the Q spell and get away or use flash, by that time i already killed 1 or 2 enemies :S

Zeyk

09-16-2009

Just focus fire Master Yi first and kill him. Odds are he hasn't taken any tanking items and he doesn't have any form of crown control.

mermin

09-16-2009

master yi should NOT be immune to the blind of exhaust. thats bull****