1.9k Elo Mordekaiser Opinions

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

La3eb

Junior Member

09-08-2011

well i guess soraka cannot do burst damge 1 hit with siphon( E ability) to a new wave of minions recharge ur armor to full and kills soraka if was in ranged and NO WAY SORAKA CAN BEAT MORD IN HARASS OR FARM cuz if she cannot harass enough mord got 3 skills or at least 2 to nuke her a little forcing her to fall bk while he farm as much as he like till the minion wave end even at turret soraka have to beat the turret farm so u will be better and soraka can silence mord but not stun him i mean when i get silence i will walk to her to cover the distance and stick to her and so some normal damge till my abilitys fill up again and mord isnot that good with vamp no atleast not at early so start with FON first its better trust me as for hextech MORD CAN OWN if u level ur E first i mean it without any runes just hextech and boots u can do about hmmm 600 damge output if ur enemy was alone + u got other skills and u will vamp that 600 damge so U will basilcly rock although u wont have resitance or hp to sustan ur oppent attcs so ur weak will be a stunner or so


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twilights Vale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-08-2011

I think that any champion that can silence at level 1 can screw morde over big time. Before he can get his farm he is quite squishy in lane. So cho, soraka, lablanc, and other that I can't thnk of right now cause im in school, if played right, can stomp morde into the ground nice and hard. Even stuns from Annie can just wreck him cause he has those few seconds that he can't do ****. So get someone who can silence him, if they can solo lane make them lane vs. him. and just zone him out and prevent farm so he can't do anything late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tardacus

Senior Member

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by La3eb View Post
well i guess soraka cannot do burst damge 1 hit with siphon( E ability) to a new wave of minions recharge ur armor to full and kills soraka if was in ranged and NO WAY SORAKA CAN BEAT MORD IN HARASS OR FARM cuz if she cannot harass enough mord got 3 skills or at least 2 to nuke her a little forcing her to fall bk while he farm as much as he like till the minion wave end even at turret soraka have to beat the turret farm so u will be better and soraka can silence mord but not stun him i mean when i get silence i will walk to her to cover the distance and stick to her and so some normal damge till my abilitys fill up again and mord isnot that good with vamp no atleast not at early so start with FON first its better trust me as for hextech MORD CAN OWN if u level ur E first i mean it without any runes just hextech and boots u can do about hmmm 600 damge output if ur enemy was alone + u got other skills and u will vamp that 600 damge so U will basilcly rock although u wont have resitance or hp to sustan ur oppent attcs so ur weak will be a stunner or so
1. http://youmakemetouchyourhandsforstu...ons.ytmnd.com/

2. Soraka can shred if she's played right, and her silence seems to pack some serious punch midgame.

On topic - Renek > Morde 90% of the time, though if I were good with her, I'd go with Irelia.

Props to OP, great thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absinthe

Senior Member

09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papple View Post
Tried something interesting today. Had a Will of the Ancients and grabbed a Hextech Gunblade for my fifth item. Thats' 50% spellvamp plus the lifesteal, I stood in one place and pentakilled their team solo. I had a force of nature and randuin's increasing my effective hitpoints. Has anyone else tried this big spellvamp build?
list full build and post screen shot pls


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CannibaIizer

Junior Member

09-08-2011

For fun last night I ran this build:

Ion Boots
GA
Hextech
Lichbane
WotA
Rab Cap

I finished off 15/3/18 with a team win. Mace of Spades (Q) hit like a truck doing 1-1.2k damage making ashe and teemo melt...Along with 50% Spell Vamp it was ridiculous. Just running into a team fight and letting all you abilities fly, it was funny how fast my HP was restoring. They got me down 2 times to where GA kicked in...as soon as I revived, BAM!!! (Q) + (W) + (E) and back to full HP. XD

I dont see this build working all the time this way though, but is still very viable if you have a tank or 2 offtanks on the team.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xtiangames

Member

09-08-2011

Mord is also fairly susceptible to a level 1 gank. Usually he's top lane, which puts him furthest from the tower. He has no escape outside of flash/ghost, and very few Mords take both (some even choose Ghost over Flash, which makes a level 1 gank even more likely to succeed). When Mord is level 1, he struggles to maintain his shield in the face of sustained damage. He has no CC to keep attackers from getting to him. In short, it's easier to gank Mord at level 1 than other champs.

So if your jungler, one of your two bot laners, and your top laner can get together with some CC, a slow, an ignite, an exhaust, and some burst damage, you can make Mord's lane much harder bu starting him with an 0/1/0.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yamatak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-08-2011

I like this thread!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BromoBroFist

Senior Member

09-08-2011

Anyone who knows how to play knows that mord isnt OP. Only newbs think mords OP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neryth

Senior Member

09-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by daOWNERER View Post
More detail about you cho vs morde would be great, i just did it and basically just exchanged freefarm but especially before 6 it was hard to not get out-harassed with just Dring
Every match up is dependent on several factors, like rune/mastery/summoner setup, initial item, so on so forth. If the enemy Mordekaiser has a more AP oriented start (flat AP quints, boots+3pot), he's easier for tankier/more sustainable opponents (like Cho'Gath) to deal with. The thing with Cho'Gath vs Mordekaiser is that you don't want to exchange freefarm, because you don't scale as well as he does. You want to get in his face early. Think level 1, where most Mordekaisers take their Siphon first. If he takes Siphon and you take Vorpal Spikes, he won't be able to last hit with anything other than that Siphon due to your DPS advantage, and you should be able to shrug off the Siphon damage due to your passive, enabling you to basically just zone him out of his cs and exp.

For any match up, it comes down to how well the players know their limitations. A Mordekaiser who sees the enemy Cho'Gath going Doran's Ring first would be able to go Boots+3pot and skill Creeping Death first, then just confront the Cho'Gath at level 1/all throughout laning phase due to the speed+damage advantage. A Cho'Gath who sees the opposing Mordekaiser go Boots+3pot should always match that item start if he wants to dominate the lane directly. Doran's Ring on Cho'Gath vs Mordekaiser gives Cho'Gath greater presence in the lane, but he also becomes unable to really give chase to Mordekaiser, limiting his options to simply dominating the creep wave and hoping the enemy Mordekaiser is bad enough to get harassed down then fall into a QWignite combo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasuma View Post
I think that any champion that can silence at level 1 can screw morde over big time. Before he can get his farm he is quite squishy in lane. So cho, soraka, lablanc, and other that I can't thnk of right now cause im in school, if played right, can stomp morde into the ground nice and hard. Even stuns from Annie can just wreck him cause he has those few seconds that he can't do ****. So get someone who can silence him, if they can solo lane make them lane vs. him. and just zone him out and prevent farm so he can't do anything late game.
This isn't really accurate. Cho'Gath can silence at level 1, but the damage exchange most likely wouldn't come out in his favour if he pursued a fight like that. And Leblanc can't actually silence at level 1, because the Sigil itself has to be detonated by magic damage. As far as Soraka vs Mordekaiser goes, Soraka has an edge early on, but that advantage quickly fades as long as the Mordekaiser stays in exp range and doesn't actually die to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtiangames View Post
Mord is also fairly susceptible to a level 1 gank. Usually he's top lane, which puts him furthest from the tower. He has no escape outside of flash/ghost, and very few Mords take both (some even choose Ghost over Flash, which makes a level 1 gank even more likely to succeed). When Mord is level 1, he struggles to maintain his shield in the face of sustained damage. He has no CC to keep attackers from getting to him. In short, it's easier to gank Mord at level 1 than other champs.

So if your jungler, one of your two bot laners, and your top laner can get together with some CC, a slow, an ignite, an exhaust, and some burst damage, you can make Mord's lane much harder bu starting him with an 0/1/0.
This is definitely the easiest way to shut Morde down. Extremely early ganks can ruin a Mordekaiser's entire game if his opponent in lane is good and capitalizes on the power difference generated. He's extremely reliant on controlling his lane and cornering+dominating his opponent, although that's more of a team/coordination type counter to him. Also, Mordekaiser going top lane is typically to exploit the fact that his sustained DPS is extremely high if he makes you eat his Creeping Death damage. The distance between the towers makes it much easier for him to squeeze out damage, but just as you say, it leaves him extremely vulnerable to ganks of that nature. Taking Ghost over Flash is also usually for the reason that Flash will get you a lot less distance compared to Ghost @ top lane, where there are only 2 walls to flash over, and they're both relatively far removed from the actual creep waves. A significant portion of top lane Mordekaiser's damage is melee/sustained, not to mention much of the damage he faces also tends to be melee/sustained, so Ghost pays off more than Flash in those situations. For mid lane, Mordekaiser can actually afford to prioritize his Mace of Spades over his Creeping Death because he generally faces squishier opponents, and can make use of Flash to deliver some real burst in the form of QER. Flash is a must-have for Mordekaiser when going mid because he needs it to deliver his burst damage reliably, and escape the burst damage of the opposing caster (the same reasons as any other caster).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Expose AnthraX

Senior Member

09-09-2011

Morde is OP.

Now I know your tendency is to say "no noob, morde not op, just counter him", but consider that the only way to really counter morde top, is to either pick cho/renek, or get your jungler to constantly gank him. That's still OP, because it means you need to 2v1 to burst through morde's shield, while he damages the **** out of you.

You go to high elo, because morde is powerful, not because people don't know how to counter morde.

I played morde for the first time, twice in ranked, yeah I risked it. 100% winrate now. Morde is unkillable. Lee sin ganks me constantly, but they can't burst through the shield, and I just go back to tower if I'm in trouble.

In team fights, I always make it a 6v4 after I quickly burst someone down. It's almost better than having a Zilean ult someone on team.

Pushing all day, makes morde easy to farm, easy to harass, easy to win games because of his ability to take turrets so easily.

Again, continue making claims like 'oh just get magic resist' etc., but the reality is, that mordekaiser at the moment has one of the highest winrates and K/D ratios on any elo bracket according to lolstatistics.

And I hope you continue to deny it and don't believe me, so that people will stop banning morde and I can pick it.


12