1.9k Elo Mordekaiser Opinions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neryth

09-07-2011

(Summoner's Rift) The higher my Elo climbs and the better the players I go against become, the more convinced I get that Mordekaiser is not overpowered as much as he is simply left uncountered and left to rampage in lower Elo brackets.

I noticed a rather ridiculous pattern that started to emerge in my ranked games whenever I was a team captain. I would not ban Mordekaiser, no matter the circumstances. If the enemy team first picked him, I experimented with counterpicking him with Cho'Gath. I won 8/9 games laning as Cho'Gath vs Mordekaiser in 1.8k-1.9k Elo solo queue. The one game I lost, I went 6/0 and 70 creep score advantage laning phase against the Mordekaiser, but he won anyways because my entire team fed the entire enemy team and surrendered 20 minutes in. There are a number of good counters to Mordekaiser, as I have discovered while laning against 2.2k Elo players.

Top Lane Terrors
Cho'Gath outsustains, and directly counters Mordekaiser at all points of the game with his chain crowd control, burst true damage, and superior DPS due to vorpal spikes. He is the best direct counterpick to Mordekaiser in top lane.

Irelia's DPS and threat level trumps Mordekaiser the moment she gets her true damage steroid. Not to mention the fact that she can just play the farming game against him due to her insane sustainability and ability to dive in and out for last hits with her Q. A well-played Irelia can pose a problem for Mordekaiser, especially since she scales into the game just as well as he does. She can potentially outperform Mordekaiser @ top lane.

Garen is Garen. His burst damage is absolutely insane, and the silence insures that Mordekaiser will have great difficulty surviving the lane. Garen can start zoning Mordekaiser at level 1. If he waits until level 2, he'll have difficulty with keeping Mordekaiser away from his minions once Morde can use his Creeping Death to heighten his DPS and fight back.

Renekton's DPS is too high for Mordekaiser to overcome directly. Renekton can start zoning Mordekaiser out at level 1, much like Garen. Another great counter @ top lane.

Yorick's sustainability doesn't really pose a problem to Mordekaiser due to his own spell vamp and resulting sustainability, but it can become a farmfest that ties Mordekaiser down to his lane when he really needs to join up with his team or start roaming midgame to make use of his early Hextech Gunblade. Heimerdinger has the same sort of ability to hold his tower against Mordekaiser and push strongly the moment Mordekaiser leaves the lane.

Sion isn't really a counter to Mordekaiser, but he can easily keep up in farm and lane presence. The same tends to apply for any tanky AP champions (Gragas, Rumble, Galio, Alistar, Singed). The only difficulty there is getting other tanky AP champions to scale as hard as Mordekaiser does into midgame.

Mid Lane Monsters
Morgana has natural spell vamp and can mitigate Mordekaiser's harassment with her own Black Shield. Her snare and ult can easily pin Mordekaiser down and inflict serious damage. She's probably the best counterpick to Mordekaiser in mid lane.

Ryze, Cassiopeia, Orianna, Leblanc, Annie, so on so forth. Virtually any well-played AP carry @ mid lane can beat Mordekaiser if they play their cards right. For Annie and Leblanc, it's a matter of trying to cs and keep up in experience until level 6, at which point they harass and attempt to burst Mordekaiser down by surprise. For Cassiopeia, Orianna, and Ryze, it's about timing your harassment and trying to run Mordekaiser out of the lane before he hits 6.

That's really about it. The reason Mordekaiser facerolls low Elo games is because people don't know how to react to him. When they pick a champion with weaker lane presence than him, rather than simply playing defensively until their jungler can gank him or the power difference levels out, they start to feed him uncontrollably. When they pick a champion who has a stronger early game than him, they fail to exploit the strength difference while it exists. The same sort of behaviour is displayed by lower Elo players against a good Akali or Jax.

I don't really want to write a full-blown, all-encompassing guide here, so if anyone wants any advice for how to play against a Mordekaiser with x champ, simply ask me in this thread.

daOWNERER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2011

More detail about you cho vs morde would be great, i just did it and basically just exchanged freefarm but especially before 6 it was hard to not get out-harassed with just Dring

Etherimp

09-07-2011

I approve of this thread.

Turtlerocket

09-07-2011

You forget Soraka.
I am disappoint son.

Stealthy Twitch

09-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlerocket View Post
You forget Soraka.
I am disappoint son.
What? That Crocket blew me to gibs! Hax lol.

Epic Dancing Guy

09-07-2011

Soraka can't burst damage. She can keep her own against him and probably outfarm him but I don't think she can kill him unless he stupid. Not sure tho.

BW Sneaky QC

09-07-2011

soraka opens up with silence starcall and some autoattacks.

Morde cant get his shield up fast enough to block the harass and he takes alot of dmg.

gpa4

09-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Dancing Guy View Post
Soraka can't burst damage. She can keep her own against him and probably outfarm him but I don't think she can kill him unless he stupid. Not sure tho.
But Soraka does have a insta-free-ranged silence, which is always painful for Morde to face.
I approve this thread too.

SinDur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-08-2011

I appreciate your post because you used the phrase "can be Mordekaiser", not "WILL LOLZ PWN MORD WTF" and such. It implies you understand that the champions being talked about have potential to beat one another based on the player's skill with them. I also appreciate this because I have made every single one of the counter picks mentioned my biatch with Morde in their respective mentioned lanes, AND have used several of them to beat Morde's. +1 for you sir/madam.

Papple

09-08-2011

Tried something interesting today. Had a Will of the Ancients and grabbed a Hextech Gunblade for my fifth item. Thats' 50% spellvamp plus the lifesteal, I stood in one place and pentakilled their team solo. I had a force of nature and randuin's increasing my effective hitpoints. Has anyone else tried this big spellvamp build?