Strongest late game hero?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grevane

11-11-2010

...There is really only one answer to this question. Given a long enough match, Veigar is the strongest champ in the game. Technically, he has no limit to the amount of AP he can acquire, since he can gain AP outside of items. If the game goes on long enough, no matter what items you buy, Veigar will be able to kill you (possibly even in one spell). Of course, this would have to be a stupendously long game, but as the only champ with "infinite" combat strength, Veigar will eventually win out as the best late game champion.

ReBorNKiLLeR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-11-2010

This post above me is probably made by one of the most newb player ever...-_- First off read the opening again... 2nd.. Tryn has probably one of the strongest slows in the game and a built in flash. Veigat can only blow his load once every 10 seconds and his ults cd is even longer. So if you are really going to pentakill the other team, theyd have to come in by 10 second intervals. The reason these heros are the best late game is because they can survive and dish damage cosistently. Veigar, after shooting his cannons, is basically a creep waiting for cd. Not to mention you have no good escape and probably 2k hp and no armor.

Btw. Tryn ult lasts 6 seconds.

Modus Vivendi

11-11-2010

it's general consensus among the LoL community that trynd is the best late game hero

ranged carries like tristana and twitch, while dealing insane damage, can easily be shut down w/ one cc, considering most won't pack a cleanse and they don't have any immunity/damage reduction skills. Trynd can deal nearly the same damage except with an invincibility skill and a blink to prevent death to boot.

Ajaxanon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-11-2010

in response to Veigar:

Let's say Veigar hits tryn for >9000 AP. Realizing that the only way this could ever be possible is if the game went on for hours (or if Veigar went super saiyan), Tryn would ult before even entering combat, taking the 9000 AP like a man and continuing right on to slice Veigar in half. kazaam. gg veigar gg.

Lokan

11-12-2010

Best lategame carry?

soraka

Lawful

11-12-2010

Twitch and Tryndamere, possibly Yi aswell.

Lukrezia

11-12-2010

twitch can wreck an entire team in lategame or maybe an unfocused kogmaw

Hannor

11-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxanon View Post
There is one simple answer to this question: Tryndamere with cleanse. Theoretically, those champions that get infinite gains like Veigar, Nasus, etc would not even be able to stop Tryn.

I played a 65 or 70min game against a Nasus who crit hit for 1500 damage even though he had a tank build. Tryn would still cut him down. No hero can withstand a maxed out Tryn with ult initiated. Simple as that.
Rammus with zhonya's and thornmail, gg.

Dwarfling

11-12-2010

Damage gets so high squishy champs can't survive for long.

Except the ones that are immortal.

Like Tryndamere.

PS: Unless you brought like 3 exhausts.

Siouxie

11-12-2010

I think any champ has the ability to carry a team if properly built. It's all in the match up. I have seen tryn be unkillable god, but also seen him be easy pickings. Nobody has mentioned kat yet (I read to page 4), and I even flat out told a kat in one fight that she needed to lay off the kills because "a kat can't carry a team and you need to let another champ get some kills" but carry the team she did, she was devestating.