Pantheon Mechanics Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Petrocles

11-12-2010

Basically I am wondering why all the guides seem to insist on Arpen Marks and items for Pantheon, yet his recomended 1st starting item is for mana regeneration and 2/4 of his abilities scale with AD, the other half AP.

Does his spear shot(Q) and heartseeker strike(E) do extra damage if you have Arpen? I was under the impression they were spells with physical dmg only, as neither applies on hit effects like Gangplanks Parry does - do they count as spells or hits? Wouldnt it be better to go for All-out AD with some base CoolDownReduction to get the most benefit from his spells early on? Also if u stack loads of AD, your normal hits do loads of dmg anyway right, so why bother with Arpen?

Isnt Arpen best for auto-attack type DPS heroes, like Ashe etc? yes, he is melee AD, but Pantheon is a caster at heart, not a "hard-carry" right-click win type, only his passives aegis protection and certain death require that he actually physically hit stuff. .

Also why the heck are his W and R APbased and is there a viablie build that incorporates some AP?

If anyone could clear it up for me I really would appreciate it, my head hurts when I try to do the math.

DrDragun

11-12-2010

They count as physical-spells but ArPen is not an on-hit effect and it benefits his abilities.

The best build for him is to stack straight up +damage.

Crit? Meh.
Attack Speed? Meh.
+Damage? Awesome
Armor Pen? Pretty good
CDR? I'll take it

So usually you end with 1-2 BF Swords and maybe a Brutalizer as a good opening build, with whatever survival item suits you.

DONT spend a lot of money on mana regen. Only a little will work.

gearsh1ft

11-12-2010

ArPen DOES make Pantheon hit harder, because ArPen affects all physical damage. Just because he has 2 spells that scale with AP, does not mean that is a viable option.